+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1535

Thread: 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Well have been out of pocket since yesterday, but a little surprised to see Robinson taken in the 4th. I did have him in 1 of my mocks going in the 6th rd to us.

But he could be a diamond in the rough. We'll just see over the next couple of seasons, what Pope can do with him.

Not a bad pick with Mosley as our other 4th rd pick. I thought maybe we would have grabbed a DE or DT by the end of the 4th rd. I don't know who is left at those positions now or by the 6th rd when we select again.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Starter

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="EliTE"]like i just said, i have been on here for the past couple years but unable to post. i suggest you take a look through your own posts. they reek of negativity and im not basing it on this draft alone. from the yankees to the knicks to the giants. instead of saying "i dont like this pick, i think we should have went in this direction..." you basically go as extreme as possible in every opportunity you have. "worst draft ever" "worst trade ever". maybe you're not always negative but when you are you take it too far.[/quote]* Well, u obviously haven't, because you haven't seen me rave about just about every single thing we've done over the past 4yrs as far as player pickups and drafts.. Anyone on here* can agree.. I never had to debate harder then the past 4drafts leading to this one, about how good our draft was with almost everyone who was knocking the picks...**

Not only did i rave about the victor cruz pickup as a UDF(i live 45minutes from UMASS), i also said about Jaquain Williams, once i did research, that he would of been a possible 2nd rd pick this yr, had he stayed in school, which in essence, gets us a extra 2nd rder in RD 6..*

As far as the knicks, i don't see how u can possibly be anything but negative about a team that is maxed up with cap space, and had to fight to get into the playoffs, and still had a chance to make amends and lost in CLE, a team that then lost to WASHINGTON at home by like 30..lol* Then the comments by Amare after the game saying the team felt they accomplished something, and thats why he thinks they came out the way they did against clevland?* Sorry, i actually think i went easy on them..lol

[/quote]once again you prove my point. instead of saying "i'm disapointed the knicks didnt perform better..." despite not having a pg, having an incompetent coach, our 2 star plays coming in rusty, one from rehabbing a serious back injury, the other coming off elbow surgery and trying to play out of position due to not having a single competent pg on the roster. or the fact that basically the entire roster was different with no training camp or preseason.

instead of weighing the situation versus your unrealistic expectations, you say things like "the season is a failure" before the playoffs even start. calling melo the weakest finisher around the rim of any so called superstar, completely ignoring his injuries and bashing him. thats just a small sample size of your constant negativity that ive experienced in recent weeks reading your posts.

im too lazy to read through your posts from the past but i wouldnt be too surprised to see you bashing jeter when he struggled early last year, bashing eli when his receivers ran the wrong routes or tipped balls in the air for interceptions, or bashing the giants in general when your expectations were not met.

my advice to you would be maybe breathe a little and relax and think before you post. it seems like you react and post right away to things which causes you to come off more negative than maybe you intend to be, but who am i to tell you what to do, do whatever you want just dont get salty and defensive when you get called out.

[quote user="eli2hixon"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="CGYgiant"]I guess having pre draft visits with 8 organizations doesn't classify as a draftable player lol. Also, after his pro day he was expected to be a mid round pick.

http://www.downthedrive.com/2012/4/5...p-draft-boards

[/quote]U mean a Cincinnati Bearcat blog is talking up a Cincinnati Football player no way[/quote]

Yeah he probably made up the interest as well as the 40 yard times. You are right as well.
    [/quote] What happened to its the weak Big East? Now its ok to be in the weak Big East for 5yrs and not produce?[/quote]

Lets just see how it turns out before we judge
    [/quote] So, shoulden't that work both ways? So your only allowed to say the pick is great, but not that its not a pick that is great?[/quote]

true it may have been a reach, I wanna hear Jerrys explanation first.
    [/quote] One thing i've loved about our drafts that has had me Rave about them the past 4seasons or so, is the fact reese grabs insanely productive players, that drop for some stupid reason, like say they have a toe that is to big or something(sarcastic)..loll

For instaince people thought we reached for Jaquain Williams last yr, then i did reserach and watched tape, and u could see the only reason he was not more touted is that he only had the one yr of real big production, because he only played teh one yr, and had he went back and did the same things, he would of probably been a 2nd rder this yr.. So,its like your getting a extra 2nd rder a yr early. In Adrien Robinson's case, he played 5yrs, and did nothing ever, and we took em 2rds earlier then we did Jaquain Williams.. Now, do i think theres a chance he could be good? Of course, i can't say for sure he will stink, but do i have serious doubts? yes, i do.. Sorry, but thats how i feel..

[/quote] Exactly, the guy could be good, but I don't see th e 4th round as the appropriate time to take a project TE with no production in a pretty weak conference. While he could still turn out great, I don't believe it's strong value, which is something the Giants have preached in the past.[/quote] There was a guy last yr named FENDI ONOBUN TE HOUSTON that had similar physical gifts, but was super raw, and we actually had em in for a pre draft visit.. He got drafted, but in RD 7 by the rams.. He hasen't done anything to this point, but thats not really the point.. The point is, where he went..

On CBS.COM rankings, they got Adrien Robinson as a 6th-7th rd range, and like 10th on the TE list.. I happen to agree with them, but i see, some disagree, which is fine...

[quote user="EliTE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="EliTE"]like i just said, i have been on here for the past couple years but unable to post. i suggest you take a look through your own posts. they reek of negativity and im not basing it on this draft alone. from the yankees to the knicks to the giants. instead of saying "i dont like this pick, i think we should have went in this direction..." you basically go as extreme as possible in every opportunity you have. "worst draft ever" "worst trade ever". maybe you're not always negative but when you are you take it too far.[/quote] Well, u obviously haven't, because you haven't seen me rave about just about every single thing we've done over the past 4yrs as far as player pickups and drafts.. Anyone on here can agree.. I never had to debate harder then the past 4drafts leading to this one, about how good our draft was with almost everyone who was knocking the picks...

Not only did i rave about the victor cruz pickup as a UDF(i live 45minutes from UMASS), i also said about Jaquain Williams, once i did research, that he would of been a possible 2nd rd pick this yr, had he stayed in school, which in essence, gets us a extra 2nd rder in RD 6..

As far as the knicks, i don't see how u can possibly be anything but negative about a team that is maxed up with cap space, and had to fight to get into the playoffs, and still had a chance to make amends and lost in CLE, a team that then lost to WASHINGTON at home by like 30..lol Then the comments by Amare after the game saying the team felt they accomplished something, and thats why he thinks they came out the way they did against clevland? Sorry, i actually think i went easy on them..lol

[/quote]once again you prove my point. instead of saying "i'm disapointed the knicks didnt perform better..." despite not having a pg, having an incompetent coach, our 2 star plays coming in rusty, one from rehabbing a serious back injury, the other coming off elbow surgery and trying to play out of position due to not having a single competent pg on the roster. or the fact that basically the entire roster was different with no training camp or preseason. instead of weighing the situation versus your unrealistic expectations, you say things like "the season is a failure" before the playoffs even start. calling melo the weakest finisher around the rim of any so called superstar, completely ignoring his injuries and bashing him. thats just a small sample size of your constant negativity that ive experienced in recent weeks reading your posts. im too lazy to read through your posts from the past but i wouldnt be too surprised to see you bashing jeter when he struggled early last year, bashing eli when his receivers ran the wrong routes or tipped balls in the air for interceptions, or bashing the giants in general when your expectations were not met. my advice to you would be maybe breathe a little and relax and think before you post. it seems like you react and post right away to things which causes you to come off more negative than maybe you intend to be, but who am i to tell you what to do, do whatever you want just dont get salty when you get called out.[/quote] No one calls me out..lol The knicks should of done way better, hence why we fired our coach midway.. What do u think were the only team that had some injuries coming into the yr? Melo was fine from day 1, he went off in the first game of the season for godsake against BOSTON.. There is no way you can tell me, landing in the 7th seed is not the true definiton of underachievment..So, did Melo's elbow heel during the season why hes practiced and played game after game? And what about his hamstring? Hes playing his best basketball, and not underachieving, hence why were doing well.. The knicks have been a huge dissapointment this season, and there is no excuse...

When u have a chance to get the 6th seed, and all u have to do is beat the lowly cavs to really right your season, and you get the doors blown off, and u come out with comments like Stoudamire did, it dosen't show u why we are where we are in the seeding??

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]I love it when people say this in response to something: "Ill take jerry reese over your opinion" seriously. its the laziest thing you can say. fine, u dont care about anyone's opinion about anything except for what the front office. Glory to you, but if you're going to tell someone they're wrong about something come with facts[/quote] It makes no sense.. Why not just wait till the draft is over, and just go A+...lol Its like, I'm sorry i don't care for this draft that much.. I like the Hosley pick, but didn't love it, and i like the Mosley pick, all though i thought there were better lineman, but still solid, but Wilson i felt we lost out on Doug Martin, and i think thats who we wanted, and i just don't care for Rueben Randle.. I'm just trying to be honest..[/quote]

I'm pretty sure JR said they had Wilson over Martin. The only thing I didn;t like about the 1st rounder was that we took a RB that wasn't as highly rated as Glenn who was also a need position. But I was happy with our choice of RB
    [/quote] Ya, but what was Jerry Reese gonna say? He really coulden't say, that the bucs really got us good, and we settled for David Wilson, when we wanted Doug Martin.. I could be wrong, but the way it went down, i just feel Martin was the guy, and we went with our next rated RB, thinking there was gonna be a run on RB's in RD 2... I just didn't like the value, there is some certain intrigue with the pick...

Dang, the cowboys made another great pick getting danny coale WR va tech in RD 5.. Hes gonna be a steal.. I hate how good the Eagles and Cowboys have drafted so far..

Starter

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="EliTE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="EliTE"]like i just said, i have been on here for the past couple years but unable to post. i suggest you take a look through your own posts. they reek of negativity and im not basing it on this draft alone. from the yankees to the knicks to the giants. instead of saying "i dont like this pick, i think we should have went in this direction..." you basically go as extreme as possible in every opportunity you have. "worst draft ever" "worst trade ever". maybe you're not always negative but when you are you take it too far.[/quote]* Well, u obviously haven't, because you haven't seen me rave about just about every single thing we've done over the past 4yrs as far as player pickups and drafts.. Anyone on here* can agree.. I never had to debate harder then the past 4drafts leading to this one, about how good our draft was with almost everyone who was knocking the picks...**

Not only did i rave about the victor cruz pickup as a UDF(i live 45minutes from UMASS), i also said about Jaquain Williams, once i did research, that he would of been a possible 2nd rd pick this yr, had he stayed in school, which in essence, gets us a extra 2nd rder in RD 6..*

As far as the knicks, i don't see how u can possibly be anything but negative about a team that is maxed up with cap space, and had to fight to get into the playoffs, and still had a chance to make amends and lost in CLE, a team that then lost to WASHINGTON at home by like 30..lol* Then the comments by Amare after the game saying the team felt they accomplished something, and thats why he thinks they came out the way they did against clevland?* Sorry, i actually think i went easy on them..lol

[/quote]once again you prove my point. instead of saying "i'm disapointed the knicks didnt perform better..." despite not having a pg, having an incompetent coach, our 2 star plays coming in rusty, one from rehabbing a serious back injury, the other coming off elbow surgery and trying to play out of position due to not having a single competent pg on the roster. or the fact that basically the entire roster was different with no training camp or preseason. instead of weighing the situation versus your unrealistic expectations, you say things like "the season is a failure" before the playoffs even start. calling melo the weakest finisher around the rim of any so called superstar, completely ignoring his injuries and bashing him. thats just a small sample size of your constant negativity that ive experienced in recent weeks reading your posts. im too lazy to read through your posts from the past but i wouldnt be too surprised to see you bashing jeter when he struggled early last year, bashing eli when his receivers ran the wrong routes or tipped balls in the air for interceptions, or bashing the giants in general when your expectations were not met. my advice to you would be maybe breathe a little and relax and think before you post. it seems like you react and post right away to things which causes you to come off more negative than maybe you intend to be, but who am i to tell you what to do, do whatever you want just dont get salty when you get called out.[/quote]** No one calls me out..lol* The knicks should of done way better, hence why we fired our coach midway.. What do u think were the only team that had some injuries coming into the yr?* Melo was fine from day 1, he went off in the first game of the season for godsake against BOSTON..* There is no way you can tell me, landing in the 7th seed is not the true definiton of underachievment..*So, did Melo's elbow heel during the season why hes practiced and played game after game?* And what about his hamstring?* Hes playing his best basketball, and not underachieving, hence why were doing well.. The knicks have been a huge dissapointment this season, and there is no excuse...*

When u have a chance to get the 6th seed, and all u have to do is beat the lowly cavs to really right your season, and you get the doors blown off, and u come out with comments like Stoudamire did, it dosen't show u why we are where we are in the seeding??*

[/quote]do you even follow the knicks? melo got hurt very early in the year. the coach the knicks had was incompetent, the players didnt fit his horrible scheme and he refused to adapt. your comments here seem like you've taken some of my advice, at least toning down and explaining your opinion fairly. which is easier to understand than "the knicks blew it, their season is over, it's a failure" before the playoffs even begin.

the reason the knicks have played better after the firing of dantoni is woodson understands how to use our players. he actually has the team practice and run set plays, instead of freelancing every posession with pick n rolls that dantoni loved. its a combination of that along with melo getting healthy and the offense running through him instead of him trying to run the offense.

this thread got way sidetracked lol. i'll agree that the knicks season was a big disappointment. but my reasons for the underachieving may be different than yours. i see it as like 80 percent dantoni's fault and maybe split the other 20 with our 2 stars as well as the injuries, lockout, roster turnover, etc. where as my perception of your opinion based on your posts is that its all stat n melos fault for being fat and out of shape, which is not the case imo.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]I love it when people say this in response to something: "Ill take jerry reese over your opinion" seriously. its the laziest thing you can say. fine, u dont care about anyone's opinion about anything except for what the front office. Glory to you, but if you're going to tell someone they're wrong about something come with facts[/quote] It makes no sense.. Why not just wait till the draft is over, and just go* A+...lol*** Its like, I'm sorry i don't care for this draft that much..* I like the Hosley pick, but didn't love it, and i like the Mosley pick, all though i thought there were better lineman, but still solid, but Wilson i felt we lost out on Doug Martin, and i think thats who we wanted, and* i just don't care for Rueben Randle..** I'm just trying to be honest..[/quote]

I'm pretty sure JR said they had Wilson over Martin. The only thing I didn;t like about the 1st rounder was that we took a RB that wasn't as highly rated as Glenn who was also a need position. But I was happy with our choice of RB
    [/quote] Ya, but what was Jerry Reese gonna say?* He really coulden't say, that the bucs really got us good, and we settled for David Wilson, when we wanted Doug Martin.. I could be wrong, but the way it went down, i just feel Martin was the guy, and we went with our next rated RB, thinking there was gonna be a run on RB's in RD 2...* I just didn't like the value, there is some certain intrigue with the pick...[/quote]

dude MULTIPLE sources say they had wilson above martin

your "general manger skills" is just wrong.

[quote user="EliTE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="EliTE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="EliTE"]like i just said, i have been on here for the past couple years but unable to post. i suggest you take a look through your own posts. they reek of negativity and im not basing it on this draft alone. from the yankees to the knicks to the giants. instead of saying "i dont like this pick, i think we should have went in this direction..." you basically go as extreme as possible in every opportunity you have. "worst draft ever" "worst trade ever". maybe you're not always negative but when you are you take it too far.[/quote] Well, u obviously haven't, because you haven't seen me rave about just about every single thing we've done over the past 4yrs as far as player pickups and drafts.. Anyone on here can agree.. I never had to debate harder then the past 4drafts leading to this one, about how good our draft was with almost everyone who was knocking the picks...

Not only did i rave about the victor cruz pickup as a UDF(i live 45minutes from UMASS), i also said about Jaquain Williams, once i did research, that he would of been a possible 2nd rd pick this yr, had he stayed in school, which in essence, gets us a extra 2nd rder in RD 6..

As far as the knicks, i don't see how u can possibly be anything but negative about a team that is maxed up with cap space, and had to fight to get into the playoffs, and still had a chance to make amends and lost in CLE, a team that then lost to WASHINGTON at home by like 30..lol Then the comments by Amare after the game saying the team felt they accomplished something, and thats why he thinks they came out the way they did against clevland? Sorry, i actually think i went easy on them..lol

[/quote]once again you prove my point. instead of saying "i'm disapointed the knicks didnt perform better..." despite not having a pg, having an incompetent coach, our 2 star plays coming in rusty, one from rehabbing a serious back injury, the other coming off elbow surgery and trying to play out of position due to not having a single competent pg on the roster. or the fact that basically the entire roster was different with no training camp or preseason. instead of weighing the situation versus your unrealistic expectations, you say things like "the season is a failure" before the playoffs even start. calling melo the weakest finisher around the rim of any so called superstar, completely ignoring his injuries and bashing him. thats just a small sample size of your constant negativity that ive experienced in recent weeks reading your posts. im too lazy to read through your posts from the past but i wouldnt be too surprised to see you bashing jeter when he struggled early last year, bashing eli when his receivers ran the wrong routes or tipped balls in the air for interceptions, or bashing the giants in general when your expectations were not met. my advice to you would be maybe breathe a little and relax and think before you post. it seems like you react and post right away to things which causes you to come off more negative than maybe you intend to be, but who am i to tell you what to do, do whatever you want just dont get salty when you get called out.[/quote] No one calls me out..lol The knicks should of done way better, hence why we fired our coach midway.. What do u think were the only team that had some injuries coming into the yr? Melo was fine from day 1, he went off in the first game of the season for godsake against BOSTON.. There is no way you can tell me, landing in the 7th seed is not the true definiton of underachievment..So, did Melo's elbow heel during the season why hes practiced and played game after game? And what about his hamstring? Hes playing his best basketball, and not underachieving, hence why were doing well.. The knicks have been a huge dissapointment this season, and there is no excuse...

When u have a chance to get the 6th seed, and all u have to do is beat the lowly cavs to really right your season, and you get the doors blown off, and u come out with comments like Stoudamire did, it dosen't show u why we are where we are in the seeding??

[/quote]do you even follow the knicks? melo got hurt very early in the year. the coach the knicks had was incompetent, the players didnt fit his horrible scheme and he refused to adapt. your comments here seem like you've taken some of my advice, at least toning down and explaining your opinion fairly. which is easier to understand than "the knicks blew it, their season is over, it's a failure" before the playoffs even begin. the reason the knicks have played better after the firing of dantoni is woodson understands how to use our players. he actually has the team practice and run set plays, instead of freelancing every posession with pick n rolls that dantoni loved. its a combination of that along with melo getting healthy and the offense running through him instead of him trying to run the offense. this thread got way sidetracked lol. i'll agree that the knicks season was a big disappointment. but my reasons for the underachieving may be different than yours. i see it as like 80 percent dantoni's fault and maybe split the other 20 with our 2 stars as well as the injuries, lockout, roster turnover, etc. where as my perception of your opinion based on your posts is that its all stat n melos fault for being fat and out of shape, which is not the case imo.[/quote] nope, i definetly did not take any of your advice, i'm exactly the same person i was before you tried to convine me the Knicks season hasen't been a huge disspointment... The lockout happened to everyone, not just the knicks.. How did Melo get healthy, playing and practicig? Hes not even fully healthy right now, as hes got the hamstring thing, that he never took time off for, and continued to play his best basketball as a knick.. The knicks didn't try under Dantoni, which is unaceptable in its own right, because u should always play hard..

Did u read Amare's comments after the clevland game, or Melos after the Toronto game? That is why were in the 7th seed, and for no other... They truly think they accomplished something, which is insane...

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]I love it when people say this in response to something: "Ill take jerry reese over your opinion" seriously. its the laziest thing you can say. fine, u dont care about anyone's opinion about anything except for what the front office. Glory to you, but if you're going to tell someone they're wrong about something come with facts[/quote] It makes no sense.. Why not just wait till the draft is over, and just go A+...lol Its like, I'm sorry i don't care for this draft that much.. I like the Hosley pick, but didn't love it, and i like the Mosley pick, all though i thought there were better lineman, but still solid, but Wilson i felt we lost out on Doug Martin, and i think thats who we wanted, and i just don't care for Rueben Randle.. I'm just trying to be honest..[/quote]

[/quote] Ya, but what was Jerry Reese gonna say? He really coulden't say, that the bucs really got us good, and we settled for David Wilson, when we wanted Doug Martin.. I could be wrong, but the way it went down, i just feel Martin was the guy, and we went with our next rated RB, thinking there was gonna be a run on RB's in RD 2... I just didn't like the value, there is some certain intrigue with the pick...[/quote] dude MULTIPLE sources say they had wilson above martin your "general manger skills" is just wrong.[/quote] What sources???lol All the sources are going on what Reese said.. What do u think hes gonna say???lol

+ Reply to Thread