+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1535
    Veteran

Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="CGYgiant"]I guess having pre draft visits with 8 organizations doesn't classify as a draftable player lol. Also, after his pro day he was expected to be a mid round pick.

http://www.downthedrive.com/2012/4/5...p-draft-boards

[/quote]U mean a Cincinnati Bearcat blog is talking up a Cincinnati Football player no way[/quote]

Yeah he probably made up the interest as well as the 40 yard times. You are right as well.
    [/quote] What happened to its the weak Big East? Now its ok to be in the weak Big East for 5yrs and not produce?[/quote]

Lets just see how it turns out before we judge
    [/quote] So, shoulden't that work both ways? So your only allowed to say the pick is great, but not that its not a pick that is great?[/quote]

true it may have been a reach, I wanna hear Jerrys explanation first.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Sundown"][quote user="Overdrive92"][quote user="Sundown"]Anyone have info on this Mosley guy?[/quote]

He signed with Auburn as a TE, and then he was converted into OT.[/quote]

Hmmm interesting pick. Thanks[/quote]I have the Alabama and LSU games cut already. I will get something up on him in a little while[/quote]

Thanks. From tracker:

Overview

Mosley played defensive end and tight end at Coffeyville
    Community College. He converted to the offensive tackle position after
    signing with Auburn. He continues to develop both physically and with
    his skill set, and has some traits that make him a late-round prospect.

Analysis

Strengths

Mosley is good at mirroring the defender and
    keeping his man in front of him. He is not a violent blocker but can
    move people enough to create a hole. He has played in a spread offense
    where he was responsible for walling defenders off and getting to the
    second level, which he excels at.

Weaknesses

Mosley is a clear developmental prospect for
    two reasons: he hasn't played the position long, and he played in a
    spread offense which is far from conventional for an NFL tackle. He will
    have a serious developmental phase.

[quote user="EliTE"]like i just said, i have been on here for the past couple years but unable to post. i suggest you take a look through your own posts. they reek of negativity and im not basing it on this draft alone. from the yankees to the knicks to the giants. instead of saying "i dont like this pick, i think we should have went in this direction..." you basically go as extreme as possible in every opportunity you have. "worst draft ever" "worst trade ever". maybe you're not always negative but when you are you take it too far.[/quote] Well, u obviously haven't, because you haven't seen me rave about just about every single thing we've done over the past 4yrs as far as player pickups and drafts.. Anyone on here can agree.. I never had to debate harder then the past 4drafts leading to this one, about how good our draft was with almost everyone who was knocking the picks...

Not only did i rave about the victor cruz pickup as a UDF(i live 45minutes from UMASS), i also said about Jaquain Williams, once i did research, that he would of been a possible 2nd rd pick this yr, had he stayed in school, which in essence, gets us a extra 2nd rder in RD 6..

As far as the knicks, i don't see how u can possibly be anything but negative about a team that is maxed up with cap space, and had to fight to get into the playoffs, and still had a chance to make amends and lost in CLE, a team that then lost to WASHINGTON at home by like 30..lol Then the comments by Amare after the game saying the team felt they accomplished something, and thats why he thinks they came out the way they did against clevland? Sorry, i actually think i went easy on them..lol

More on Mosley from Rotoworld and love for our draft, which I agree with:

Giants selected Auburn OT Brandon Mosley with the No. 131 overall pick in the 2012 draft.

A terrific athlete at 6-foot-6, 314 with prototypical
    34-inch arms, Mosley played defensive end and tight end at JUCO (not
    offensive line) before transferring to Auburn for his final two seasons
    of eligibility. He made 24 starts at Auburn, 23 of them at right
    tackle. Mosley is another under-the-radar but high-value pick by GM
    Jerry Reese, who is once again dominating the draft.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="CGYgiant"]I guess having pre draft visits with 8 organizations doesn't classify as a draftable player lol. Also, after his pro day he was expected to be a mid round pick.

[/quote]U mean a Cincinnati Bearcat blog is talking up a Cincinnati Football player no way[/quote]

Yeah he probably made up the interest as well as the 40 yard times. You are right as well.
    [/quote] What happened to its the weak Big East? Now its ok to be in the weak Big East for 5yrs and not produce?[/quote]

[/quote] So, shoulden't that work both ways? So your only allowed to say the pick is great, but not that its not a pick that is great?[/quote]

[/quote] One thing i've loved about our drafts that has had me Rave about them the past 4seasons or so, is the fact reese grabs insanely productive players, that drop for some stupid reason, like say they have a toe that is to big or something(sarcastic)..loll

For instaince people thought we reached for Jaquain Williams last yr, then i did reserach and watched tape, and u could see the only reason he was not more touted is that he only had the one yr of real big production, because he only played teh one yr, and had he went back and did the same things, he would of probably been a 2nd rder this yr.. So,its like your getting a extra 2nd rder a yr early. In Adrien Robinson's case, he played 5yrs, and did nothing ever, and we took em 2rds earlier then we did Jaquain Williams.. Now, do i think theres a chance he could be good? Of course, i can't say for sure he will stink, but do i have serious doubts? yes, i do.. Sorry, but thats how i feel..

[quote user="tdawg1413"]More on Mosley from Rotoworld and love for our draft, which I agree with:

Giants selected Auburn OT Brandon Mosley with the No. 131 overall pick in the 2012 draft.

A terrific athlete at 6-foot-6, 314 with prototypical 34-inch arms, Mosley played defensive end and tight end at JUCO (not offensive line) before transferring to Auburn for his final two seasons of eligibility. He made 24 starts at Auburn, 23 of them at right tackle. Mosley is another under-the-radar but high-value pick by GM Jerry Reese, who is once again dominating the draft.

[/quote] The mosely pick is my 2nd favorite pick of the draft, and the value is just right, if not really good...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="CGYgiant"]I guess having pre draft visits with 8 organizations doesn't classify as a draftable player lol. Also, after his pro day he was expected to be a mid round pick.

[/quote]* So, shoulden't that work both ways?* So your only allowed to say the pick is great, but not that its not a pick that is great?[/quote]

[/quote]** One thing i've loved about our drafts that has had me Rave about them the past 4seasons or so, is the fact reese grabs insanely productive players, that drop for some stupid reason, like say they have* a toe that is to big or something(sarcastic)..loll**

For instaince people thought we reached for Jaquain Williams last yr, then i did reserach and watched tape, and u could see the only reason he was not more touted is that he only had the one yr of real big production, because he only played teh one yr, and had he went back and did the same things, he would of probably been a 2nd rder this yr.. So,its like your getting a extra 2nd rder a yr early. In Adrien Robinson's case, he played 5yrs, and did nothing ever, and we took em 2rds earlier then we did Jaquain Williams..* Now, do i think theres a chance he could be good? Of course, i can't say for sure he will stink, but do i* have serious doubts? yes, i do.. Sorry, but thats how i feel..

[/quote]

Exactly, the guy could be good, but I don't see th e 4th round as the appropriate time to take a project TE with no production in a pretty weak conference. While he could still turn out great, I don't believe it's strong value, which is something the Giants have preached in the past.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]I love it when people say this in response to something: "Ill take jerry reese over your opinion" seriously. its the laziest thing you can say. fine, u dont care about anyone's opinion about anything except for what the front office. Glory to you, but if you're going to tell someone they're wrong about something come with facts[/quote] It makes no sense.. Why not just wait till the draft is over, and just go A+...lol Its like, I'm sorry i don't care for this draft that much.. I like the Hosley pick, but didn't love it, and i like the Mosley pick, all though i thought there were better lineman, but still solid, but Wilson i felt we lost out on Doug Martin, and i think thats who we wanted, and i just don't care for Rueben Randle.. I'm just trying to be honest..[/quote]

I'm pretty sure JR said they had Wilson over Martin. The only thing I didn;t like about the 1st rounder was that we took a RB that wasn't as highly rated as Glenn who was also a need position. But I was happy with our choice of RB

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="CGYgiant"]I guess having pre draft visits with 8 organizations doesn't classify as a draftable player lol. Also, after his pro day he was expected to be a mid round pick.

[/quote]U mean a Cincinnati Bearcat blog is talking up a
    Cincinnati Football player no way[/quote]

Yeah he
    probably made up the interest as well as the 40 yard times. You
    are right as well.
    [/quote] What happened to its the weak
    Big East? Now its ok to be in the weak Big East for 5yrs and not

produce?[/quote]

Lets just see how it turns out before

we judge
    [/quote]* So, shoulden't that work both ways?* So your only allowed to say the pick is great, but not that its not a pick that is great?[/quote]

Stick to you opinion and don't concern yourself to much with the sucker punchers who post here and beat their chests as they try
    to beat your opinion down. The is a very opinionated board. Give
    your opinion as I do and don't give a rats a&$ what the haters
    say. They are so insignificant! The Robinson pick was another
    questionable pick bt Reese and company but we have to have
    faith cause we are fans of the best sports organization in sports.
    Mosley is a solid pick but Brown of Troy is better in my opinion. Oh no I gave an opinion!