+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

I have to say even JR said this was a need pick. I can't believe they did it. Im not that disappointed because I had Lamar Miller and Wilson joint 2nd on my RB board. I just can't believe we passed on Glenn, Martin and Konz. Glenn would give the rest of the OL a good run for their money to start at either RT or LG

I'm with Jef on this one and it seems most people are as well. People like the kid and player but just not at 32. Anyway, we will have to see tomorrow if it was good value. Maybe Fleener drops to the mid 2nd and we trade up? Doubt it since the Colts are getting a boner over him being available but we will see.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]C grade for me First round split carry RB is not first round worthy[/quote]
    this he is not an every down guy, we could of had turbin later smfh.
    [/quote]

How is he not an every down back? He was the best performing back in the pass catching drills at the combine. That on top of his amazing production as the focal point of the VT offense.

[/quote]

can he pass block when needed? im done
    [/quote]

Thats what coaching is for. Wilson is a prospect just as every player drafted is. Very few RB's can pick up blitzes when they come out of college.

You guys crack me up. This kid is a rare talent.

[/quote] "Rare" talents dont fall to the 32nd pick.[/quote]

They do all the time.

See Ray Rice and MJD.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran

IDK how to feel about this pick.. explosive runner but maybe we could've got a similar talent in later rounds...either way I hope he turns into 1 of the best backs in the league one day

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm with Jef on this one and it seems most people are as well. People like the kid and player but just not at 32. Anyway, we will have to see tomorrow if it was good value. Maybe Fleener drops to the mid 2nd and we trade up? Doubt it since the Colts are getting a boner over him being available but we will see.[/quote]

I think Fleeners going to Indy. Good players are falling though so tomorrow should be a great day for us.

I think we're off to a great start.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]C grade for me First round split carry RB is not first round worthy[/quote]
    [/quote]

How is he not an every down back? He was the best performing back in the pass catching drills at the combine. That on top of his amazing production as the focal point of the VT offense.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats what coaching is for.* Wilson is a prospect just as every player drafted is.* Very few RB's can pick up blitzes when they come out of college.

You guys crack me up.* This kid is a rare talent.

They do all the time.

See Ray Rice and MJD.

[/quote]

those guys aren't rare.

Calvin Johnson is rare.

Barry Sanders is rare.

Lt is rare.

I don't like your definition of rare

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats what coaching is for. Wilson is a prospect just as every player drafted is. Very few RB's can pick up blitzes when they come out of college.

You guys crack me up. This kid is a rare talent.

Exactly

[quote user="GMenNY21"]IDK how to feel about this pick.. explosive runner but maybe we could've got a similar talent in later rounds...either way I hope he turns into 1 of the best backs in the league one day[/quote]

Thats what I tought as well I was hoping to get one at the end of the 2nd round but the 2nd tier guys was Lamar Miller, Wilson and Martin and none of them was gonna make it to the end of the 2nd.

But I do think it was more of a need pick then usual.

Wilson is a fine player and RB was a big need. i just think there was 10 better players we could of picked. Its 2 bad they couldnt trade back a little. Would of been nice to get ammo to move back up if need be

All-Pro

David Wilson's 2,253 all-purpose yards last season broke the old ACC record for juniors which was set by Tiki Barber at Virginia in 1995. (from Tom Rock)