+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]C grade for me First round split carry RB is not first round worthy[/quote]
    this he is not an every down guy, we could of had turbin later smfh.
    [/quote]

How is he not an every down back? He was the best performing back in the pass catching drills at the combine. That on top of his amazing production as the focal point of the VT offense.

[/quote]

can he pass block when needed? im done
    [/quote]

Thats what coaching is for. Wilson is a prospect just as every player drafted is. Very few RB's can pick up blitzes when they come out of college.

You guys crack me up. This kid is a rare talent.

[/quote] "Rare" talents dont fall to the 32nd pick.[/quote]

They do all the time.

See Ray Rice and MJD.

[/quote] those guys aren't rare. Calvin Johnson is rare. Barry Sanders is rare. Lt is rare. I don't like your definition of rare[/quote]

You don't think Ray Rice and MJD are rare talents. Those guys are one man offenses.

Now you need to go sleep it off and come to your senses in the morning. Your anger is clouding your judgement.

Get well soon 80.

Your going to hear all the "speak" from JR and TC the next few days to justify their pick. Of course he was the #2 rated RB on our boards yadda yadda yadda. Its obvious that the bucs stole Martin from us and JR took the next player of NEED. They are concerned about AB missing all off season and maybe some preseason. We gotplayed accept it. Martin was the only EVERYdown back available in this draft that would be able to protect Eli on 3rd down. Get used to seeing alot of Ware this coming season. Wilson could of been had in the middle of the 2nd rd if needed. I'm sure we tried to trade back and when we got nothing just pulled the trigger. Don't like dissing JR but we all make mistakes at times.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]C grade for me First round split carry RB is not first round worthy[/quote]
    [/quote]

How is he not an every down back? He was the best performing back in the pass catching drills at the combine. That on top of his amazing production as the focal point of the VT offense.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats what coaching is for.* Wilson is a prospect just as every player drafted is.* Very few RB's can pick up blitzes when they come out of college.

You guys crack me up.* This kid is a rare talent.

They do all the time.

See Ray Rice and MJD.

[/quote] those guys aren't rare. Calvin Johnson is rare. Barry Sanders is rare. Lt is rare. I don't like your definition of rare[/quote]

You don't think Ray Rice and MJD are rare talents.* Those guys are one man offenses.

Now you need to go sleep it off and come to your senses in the morning.* Your anger is clouding your judgement.

[/quote]
    Brady fell to the 6th round and is the best QB of his draft class. Steve smith (Panthers) was a 3rd rounder. Tiki was a 2nd rounder. Kenny Phillips (who IMO is top 5 in the league) was a 32nd pick. Ronde Barber was a 2nd rounder. Harry Carson was a 4th rounder. Strahan was a 2nd rounder. Tuck was a 4th rounder. There are many other great names out there that I don't have time to list. Let's take a look at NFL busts that people on this board have been high on in the past.
    Lendale White, Aaron Curry, Some of you wanted us to trade the board for Keith Rivers back in the day. Rey Malauga, Michael Crabtree, Clint Sintim, Whoever that DE is that the Eagles picked of JPP, The list goes on.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Awful pick[/quote] I don't care for it either.. I'm almost certain we'd of taken Doug Martin now, if he were there...[/quote]

I dunno. As I said a all along. I liked Martin, but I liked Wilson more.
    [/quote] The bucs knew we were taking a RB, andi think it was clear that Martin had the more complete package, hence why teams traded up for him, and hes moved ahead of Wlson and Miller almost by every draft guru around, except a few exceptions.. I'm telling you my friend, Martin is next to be the R.Rice/MJD line of RB.. Don't get me wrong, i know Wilson has some upside and could be a HR for us, i just didn't care for the value, nor a couple small things he does, like try to make yards by going back wards when the play is clearly dead in teh water... I also don't care for his body type, i kinda wanted a back that was gonna be able to be a workhorse if need be, and Doug Martin has a body builders frame, and i think could take a pounding over the yrs better, all though thats just my opinion, i can't say for sure....

Either way, i can't wait to see Wilson get on the field, and i'm still very excited to have em, just not a back i was super high on, and the way the first rd played out, i thoguht there was better value...

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats what coaching is for. Wilson is a prospect just as every player drafted is. Very few RB's can pick up blitzes when they come out of college.

You guys crack me up. This kid is a rare talent.

They do all the time.

See Ray Rice and MJD.

[/quote] And Maurice Jones Drew.. Thats why there was no way Doug Martin was falling outta rd 1, as GM's were sick of letting these insane backs pass them by.. Oh ya, also Shady McCoy was a 2nd rder..lol Ya, rare talents never fall to pick 32(sarcasm)..lol

[quote user="flimflam"]It's not a bad pick. I didn't see JR picking Glenn, because he likes OL who are lighter, more agile, and more fleet of foot. Fleener is overrated methinks. Wilson could turn out to be a stud, and he was ranked as the 2nd best RB on most boards, and a 1-2 Round Pick guy. David Wilson is basically a Tiki Barber clone. He has that dynamic running and cutback ability that Tiki had. Also, he has fumbling and durability issues. If Wilson can bulk up and strengthen a bit more like TIki had to that will help fix his fumbling/durability concerns, and he will become more of a complete back - a speed merchant who can lower the boom and go between the tackles.[/quote] Cordy Glenn is fleet of foot, hes just got size as well.. Thats the great part of Glenn, hes got the size and athletic ability, and also very quick feet.. I would of went with Glenn, and shot for Polk, Pierce, Ballard, or someone like that, if we just had to pick a RB.. Either way, there is upside there, and i think as a tandem, Wilson could end up being a good back, but i'm not completely sold on him yet... He wasen't a guy i was craving to draft, is all..

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]C grade for me First round split carry RB is not first round worthy[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote] Hes only 206lbs.. Hes also finnese.. Look at Bradshaw and how injury prone hes been as a pro who has similar size, even as a tandem back.. Isaiah Pead could've been had at the end of RD 2 or 3, whos very similar player as Wilson... He is a tandem back, who is brought in to be a tandem back with bradshaw, the only problem is, is that if Bradshaw gets hurt, can Wilson carry the load on a every week basis and stay healthy? Shady Mccoy stayed healthy last yr, but was dinged up most of the yr, and always at risk of needing to sit out a week.. Cj Spillers been nothing but a tandem back, just as i said he'd be when he was drafted, and just look at all the best backs in the league, guys like Ray Rice, MJD, Foster, AP, Forte,Mike Turner, Steven Jackson..etc Almost all the best backs in the league are bigger then Wilson.. Dosen't mean he can't be good, but the value for a seemingly tandem back, just isnt' there, with guys like Cordy Glenn, Pete Konz, Fleener, on the board, just to name a few...

I feel just like WALT does, and thats, that Reese wanted D.Martin, and had his heart on a RB, and coulden't resist taking one, no matter what..

All that said, i certainly could be wrong, and i'm looking forward to seeing him play, becasue he has some skills that are intriguing..

New York Giants (Last Year: 9-7)

2012 NFL Draft Individual Grades:

32. David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech: C Grade
    I usually love the way Jerry Reese drafts, but this is a bit of a reach. I think Reese panicked a bit, which isn't really like him. He really wanted Doug Martin but was caught unawares when Tampa Bay leapfrogged him. Why not go with Jonathan Martin or Cordy Glenn to improve the offensive line?

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Just wanted to say to redeye and nysportzfan and all you guys who follow the draft and college football the way you do.

I've learned a lot from all of you and respect your opinions. Even when they dare to disagree with mine.

[/quote] Thanks Uncle Morehead..lol

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Just wanted to say to redeye and nysportzfan and all you guys who follow the draft and college football the way you do.

I've learned a lot from all of you and respect your opinions. Even when they dare to disagree with mine.

[/quote] Thanks Uncle Morehead..lol[/quote]

I'm actually amazed at the knowledge you guys have. I will give props to my Thee Thread brother in Kase as well. He's a poor man's version of you guys.

Get well soon 80.

Just was reading this Q and A with Reese, done after the 1st rd, and i found it entertaining that he said the giants will pick any positon at any time, and the reason they haden't picked RB early was because the Value wasen't right to them at any time early yet.. Many on here think we just won't pick certain positons early for somereason.. I've always said, it goes really by the draft, and whos out there and who we got on our team all ready, obviously..

Q: You havenít picked a running back this high in a while.
    A: The only reason that hasnít happened is because there hasnít been a running back at the time [that was] the highest player on our board. Weíre not afraid to pick a running back high. Weíll pick any player high thatís the highest player on our board. It just hasnít happened that way. Itís been other players at that