+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 154 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]The rams just got the same value with Pead as we did with Wilson, except Mid 2nd rd...[/quote]

Except Pead is nowhere near as good a player. Wilson will be great for us and has the ability to play every down. Don't know why so many people are down on that pick.
    [/quote] hes not? Could've fooled me.. Pead was incredible productive, catches teh ball extremely well, and is fast.. Why is he not like Wilson again?[/quote]

He was incredibly productive?

If that is your determining factor, then you should be super happy that we selected a guy who had almost 40% more production vs better competition than Pead.
    [/quote] he said, that Wilson was way better, and i was giving him reasons to why there similar players...

Pead 237carries 1259yrd 12td 39catches 319 3td

Wilson 290 1709 9td 22rec 129 1td

Seems pretty close to me...

Bench Player

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Heh, I like that. Mayock on Zach brown " he is somewhat allergic to contact."
    [/quote]

Zach Brown has BUST written all over him...glad he's off the board because he's an athletic guy, and I didn't want him

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]No more whining folks, this would have been Wilson...
    [/quote] Thats fine, this is when tandem backs should start going...[/quote]

Wilson has elite balance and excellent speed, what does Martin do that elite to warrant a first round pick? nothing...
    [/quote]* He catches the ball ELITELY(is that a word?), and he blocks ELITELY, and hes got great compact build, built for wearing down a defense, and he returns kicks very productively, and he dosen't fumble.. Should i keep going?* Oh ya, and he scored in every game this past season, except the one he sprained his ankle and only had 6carries... Oh, wait he didn't run a 4.4, so he can't be a elite RB(sarcasm)..[/quote]

And yet he didnt produce anywhere near what Wilson did vs better competition.
    [/quote]

Agreed the ACC was much better than the Big East. Most of the Defenses in the big east were pretty weak this year.

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]No more whining folks, this would have been Wilson...
    [/quote] Thats fine, this is when tandem backs should start going...[/quote]Agreed. I think the Rams get better value with Pead there though he probably won't see the field much since Steven Jackson is surprisingly durable for his tenure.[/quote]

I really disagree. They would get good value if they took Lamar Miller but not Pead I don't think Pead has the potential to ever be a between the tackles runner in the NFL

Give me Lavonte David or Dwayne allen

Still Available:

DE Vinny Curry
    C Peter Konz
    DT Devon Still
    TE Dwayne Allen
    OT Bobby Massie
    LB Lavonte David
    WR Reuben Randle

[quote user="tdawg1413"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*The rams just got the same value with Pead as we did with Wilson, except Mid 2nd rd...[/quote]

Except Pead is nowhere near as good a player. Wilson will be great for us and has the ability to play every down. Don't know why so many people are down on that pick.
    [/quote]Not down on the player just wish it was 10 picks later.Seems like the GIants dont understand how to work the phones

[quote user="ozzie0075"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]No more whining folks, this would have been Wilson...

Wilson has elite balance and excellent speed, what does Martin do that elite to warrant a first round pick? nothing...
    [/quote] He catches the ball ELITELY(is that a word?), and he blocks ELITELY, and hes got great compact build, built for wearing down a defense, and he returns kicks very productively, and he dosen't fumble.. Should i keep going? Oh ya, and he scored in every game this past season, except the one he sprained his ankle and only had 6carries... Oh, wait he didn't run a 4.4, so he can't be a elite RB(sarcasm)..[/quote]

And yet he didnt produce anywhere near what Wilson did vs better competition.
    [/quote]

Agreed the ACC was much better than the Big East. Most of the Defenses in the big east were pretty weak this year.[/quote]

I liked Martin and I think he will be a good player. But I had Wilson and Lamar Miller rated higher because I think they were a better fit for the giants. I think Martin is quite similar to Bradshaw. I wanted a guy who could take it all the way on any play.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="CGYgiant"]No more whining folks, this would have been Wilson...

[/quote] He catches the ball ELITELY(is that a word?), and he blocks ELITELY, and hes got great compact build, built for wearing down a defense, and he returns kicks very productively, and he dosen't fumble.. Should i keep going? Oh ya, and he scored in every game this past season, except the one he sprained his ankle and only had 6carries... Oh, wait he didn't run a 4.4, so he can't be a elite RB(sarcasm)..[/quote]

According to those at the combine, no one looked more fluid in catching the ball then Wilson, just because Virginia Tech didn't call plays that exploited that ability doesn't mean Wilson cant.

Blockings important but Bradshaw blocks better then Martin and Wilson will learn. However excellent balance and explosion cannot be taught. Also Wilson returns kicks as well?

so in terms of actual running back traits (running the ball) Wilson is better? and you hated this pick? im glad Jerry Reese doesn't have biases towards certain players..
    [/quote] They certainly did throw the ball to Wilson.. I never said i hated the pick.. I dont care for the value.. Why do u think Martin jumped both Wilson and Miller? Why do u think Mayock has em as his 17th prospect and Wilson his 33rd? Because he can do more, and is built to do more as a NFL back then Wilson.. Either way, WIlsons the pick, and i'll support em, but i'm not gonna change my opinion of it.. I think the value wasen't there for a tandem back, and i don't think he'll be able to shoulder a full load if asked... THats my opinion..

Still finally off the board.