+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I THINK we need to get a top shelf WR now

Re: we need to get a top shelf WR now

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="giantsfan420"]but then again JR could prob find a diamond in the rough later.

it'd be sweet if Wright is there at 32[/quote]That's pretty much it dude. Not that WR doesn't help but it's sort of silly to take a WR with our 1st overall with Nicks and Cruz unless we were to get a steal like Blackmon or Floyd but thats not happening obviously. We'll wait and develop one is my prediction.[/quote]

yeah. and i was real stoked with picking JJ last season. Hopefully the second round has a lot of talent at wr and rb which so far looks very possible...

u gotta admit tho, dallas does have a nice set of corners and philly does too.

cant wait for our pick

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="giantsfan420"]but then again JR could prob find a diamond in the rough later.

it'd be sweet if Wright is there at 32[/quote]That's pretty much it dude. Not that WR doesn't help but it's sort of silly to take a WR with our 1st overall with Nicks and Cruz unless we were to get a steal like Blackmon or Floyd but thats not happening obviously. We'll wait and develop one is my prediction.[/quote]

yeah. and i was real stoked with picking JJ last season. Hopefully the second round has a lot of talent at wr and rb which so far looks very possible...

cant wait for our pick[/quote]

For the record, I don't object to drafting a WR, I just don't think it'd be worth a 1st at this point... Unless you fear that we won't be able to retain Nicks and Cruz after next year. Then it'd be a very good idea to grab one now so they can get a year in the system before we need to count on them.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="giantsfan420"]but then again JR could prob find a diamond in the rough later.

For the record, I don't object to drafting a WR, I just don't think it'd be worth a 1st at this point... Unless you fear that we won't be able to retain Nicks* and* Cruz after next year. Then it'd be a very good idea to grab one now so they can get a year in the system before we need to count on them.
    [/quote]

i been saying that for a while, getting a wr is a good insurance plan if we cant afford both. my bad for overreacting i guess, i just assumed u were pegging me in with the doom and gloom guys. i still think we win the division no matter what. just teams copy d gameplans when they work, if teams are gonna double nicks and cruz, and have a guy like jenkins on JJ, i dunno if that is enough...

the whole "wait til tmrw before u overreact"..."like steve smith, ur overreacting" pissed me off, over it.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="giantsfan420"]but then again JR could prob find a diamond in the rough later.

For the record, I don't object to drafting a WR, I just don't think it'd be worth a 1st at this point... Unless you fear that we won't be able to retain Nicks and Cruz after next year. Then it'd be a very good idea to grab one now so they can get a year in the system before we need to count on them.
    [/quote]

i been saying that for a while, getting a wr is a good insurance plan if we cant afford both. my bad for overreacting i guess, i just assumed u were pegging me in with the doom and gloom guys. i still think we win the division no matter what. just teams copy d gameplans when they work, if teams are gonna double nicks and cruz, and have a guy like jenkins on JJ, i dunno if that is enough...[/quote]
    Nah, I can just be a little snarky. It's all good, but no need to immediately jump to the name calling. Let the banter go on for a few posts first, lol.

Still, I don't think we need to use a 1st on a WR. It'd be a knee jerk reaction to what Dallas did. If we draft a WR and that happens to be the highest rated player on our board, then I cool with that, but I see no need to reach for a player just because Dallas added a couple good corners. Who knows, maybe JJ is this year's Cruz?

dammit there goes wright...i dont want to reach for a WR. Maybe Randle but that feels like a reach...JR will find a guy somewhere in this draft imo

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="giantsfan420"]but then again JR could prob find a diamond in the rough later.

For the record, I don't object to drafting a WR, I just don't think it'd be worth a 1st at this point... Unless you fear that we won't be able to retain Nicks* and* Cruz after next year. Then it'd be a very good idea to grab one now so they can get a year in the system before we need to count on them.
    [/quote]

i been saying that for a while, getting a wr is a good insurance plan if we cant afford both. my bad for overreacting i guess, i just assumed u were pegging me in with the doom and gloom guys. i still think we win the division no matter what. just teams copy d gameplans when they work, if teams are gonna double nicks and cruz, and have a guy like jenkins on JJ, i dunno if that is enough...[/quote]
    Nah, I can just be a little snarky. It's all good, but no need to immediately jump to the name calling. Let the banter go on for a few posts first, lol.

Still, I don't think we need to use a 1st on a WR. It'd be a knee jerk reaction to what Dallas did. If we draft a WR and that happens to be the highest rated player on our board, then I cool with that, but I see no need to reach for a player just because Dallas added a couple good corners. Who knows, maybe JJ is this year's Cruz?
    [/quote]

yeah it was kinda knee jerk reaction...wright is gone. i dont know if at 32 and of the wr's left are worth it. maybe fleener to work the middle of the field and keep the safeties honest...

[quote user="Flip Empty"]WR is far from what the Giants "need".[/quote] agreed

Bench Player

remember just because you pick someone in the 1st round doesnt mean they going to perform like that . We have more needs than WR. Also people justed posted how funny it is that Dalls is drafting to beat the Giants and now yout turing around and doing the same thing .
    You want to pick for value maybe they are 10 WR who are worth 2 or 3rd round picks instaed of 1st . Im not sure but you have to look at the whole draft before you just start writing we need someone . I think we need someone on the offensive line , maybe a LB , RB , before a WR .

Sanu, Round 2

Re: I THINK we need to get a top shelf WR now

[quote user="giantsfan420"]dallas and philly have a ton of talent in the defensive backfield.

cowboys have 3 good corners although i believe claiborne is overrated.

but we need to get a WR and a damn good one.[/quote]You are so right and I agree with you. A good te would be nice as well.

+ Reply to Thread