+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

Veteran

Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

It's not a reach, it was a solid pick.

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]

LOL, Fallacy?

We had the 32nd pick, and we used it on a guy ranked 33rd by an extremely respected draft expert.

So I think that this shows, using Mayock's ratings, the GIANTS did not reach on Wilson. He was picked where he was rated. he was not rated as a 3rd rounder. He was the 33rd ranked guy.
    [/quote]

But he was also not a value nor solid pick.

[quote user="Zaggs"]To show the fallacy of this point.* Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board.* Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd.* He's still on the board.* Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]

Teams do not have every player in their draft on their board. In fact they cut out MOST players. Wouldnt surprise me at all what so ever if Glenn was not on the giants board. He does not fit what they look for.

So if you are arguing about taking Mayocks 33rd rated player instead of his 32nd rated player I would say that is a complete non issue

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lawl"]Worst thing I've ever seen Reese do.[/quote]

You've taken "what have you done for me lately" to new levels. (Or depths)

Dissapointed in you Lawl.

[/quote]

Investing in a top flight rb is a waste.

I'm shocked Reese would do this.

[/quote]

Investing what? Basically a 2nd round pick and a 4 year 6M contract?

Who did you want to take there?

[/quote] A first round pick is a first round pick. Is the 33rd pick basically a first round pick? I don't like this common usage. I fear his second contract More than his first. Any ot,, massie or Martin. Any dl, branch worthy etc. these type players are what Jr usually invests in.

HIghly valued positions deserve our greatest investments, year in and year out.

[quote user="Zaggs"]But he was also not a value nor solid pick.
    [/quote]

Even going by Mayocks draft board you could argue he was the BPA where they picked.

What more value is there than that?

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote] There's a reason Mayock is an analyst and not a GM...[/quote]

there is also a reason we're MB posters and JR IS a GM.

(Actually a 2 time SB winning GM)

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Zaggs"]But he was also not a value nor solid pick.
    [/quote] Even going by Mayocks draft board you could argue he was the BPA where they picked. What more value is there than that?[/quote]

What do you think of the pick Slip?

Get well soon 80.

Veteran

[quote user="Morehead State"]there is also a reason we're MB posters and JR IS a GM.

(actually a 2 time SB winning GM)[/quote]Exactly. People take themselves way to seriously here.

All-Pro

[quote user="TheEnigma"]To be fair, doesn't Lawl hate anything to do with RB's? I'm not trying to slam you dude but you seem like the kind of guy who would of been upset if we got Richardson at 32.[/quote]

Yup.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lawl"]Worst thing I've ever seen Reese do.[/quote]

You've taken "what have you done for me lately" to new levels. (Or depths)

Dissapointed in you Lawl.

[/quote]

Investing in a top flight rb is a waste.

I'm shocked Reese would do this.

[/quote]

Investing what? Basically a 2nd round pick and a 4 year 6M contract?

Who did you want to take there?

[/quote] A first round pick is a first round pick. Is the 33rd pick basically a first round pick? I don't like this common usage. I fear his second contract More than his first. Any ot,, massie or Martin. Any dl, branch worthy etc. these type players are what Jr usually invests in.

HIghly valued positions deserve our greatest investments, year in and year out.

[/quote]

If he demands a big second contract after 4 years (he'll be 25 or so I guess), wouldn't that mean that he played great for the first 4 years? I don't get it . . . .

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

[/quote]

[/quote]
    And how do you know how far apart 25 and 33 really are? The difference could really be negligible.

But, the whole JR only drafts BPA is a myth anyway.

+ Reply to Thread