+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lawl"]Worst thing I've ever seen Reese do.[/quote]

You've taken "what have you done for me lately" to new levels. (Or depths)

Dissapointed in you Lawl.

[/quote]

Investing in a top flight rb is a waste.

I'm shocked Reese would do this.

[/quote]

He knows what he's doing. This kid has a great chance to be a really good player. He's a prospect like all of them, but he has great talent.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Bench Player

He might also retuen kicks . Just think what our offernse could do if we gained more than 2 yrds on punt returns and kicks

[/quote]

[/quote]

Investing what? Basically a 2nd round pick and a 4 year 6M contract?

Who did you want to take there?

Veteran

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="pino"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="GMAN8625"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Axels15"]I think, if nothing else, this probably should put to bed the theory that Reese only picks BPA I'm willing to go in with an open mind, but with Glenn and Hill there, I'm sure surprised[/quote]

I've been saying this all week.* The entire notion that JR is a "BPA purist" is a myth.

I love the pick because they obviously think he's special, as do I.* You gotta get that guy if thats theie view.

[/quote]

Can you really say that Reese and Ross didn't think he was the best player available?* You got access to the NYG draft board?
    [/quote]
    Ralph Vacchiano[/b]*?*@TheBlueScreen[/b]
      https://si0.twimg.com/a/1335395051/t...sprite_bgs.png); position: absolute; top: 9px; right: 12px; -webkit-transition-property: opacity; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.15s; -webkit-transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; -webkit-transition-delay: initial; opacity: 1; background-position: 0px -240px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
    • *Reply[/b]*
    • *Retweet[/b]*
    • *Favorite[/b]*
    • *Open[/list]

Jerry Reese said David Wilson was the second RB ranked on the Giants' draft board.*#NYG[/b]

[/quote]

The first being Trent Richardson?[/quote]
    I would assume.
    [/quote]

Yeah haha. I guess that's an obvious answer. I think what I wanted to say was that is exactly what I was hoping to hear from JR. I like the pick even more now.

Veteran

[/quote]

[/quote]Posters still questioning Reese?

When you think you've seen it all....

To be fair, doesn't Lawl hate anything to do with RB's? I'm not trying to slam you dude but you seem like the kind of guy who would of been upset if we got Richardson at 32.

From what I see the kid is fast as hell. Not just fast but quick!

However he doesn't seem to get much yards unless there is a decent hole (which with our o-line scares me a bit). Also he doesn't seem to be great at running between the tackles.

His pass blocking seems really poor but I'm sure they can coach him up.

I'm not impressed by catching ability. He seems to lose momentum and stop to make weird looking catches. This could be due to the QB aswell.

Look at this point I will reserve my judgement. I'm not a GM. Unlike some I can say I hated the JPP pick. I didn't come on here and bash Reese. I just didn't like the boom or bust tag and his inexperience. This is why I don't get paid to make personnel decisions.

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

It's not a reach, it was a solid pick.

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]

LOL, Fallacy?

We had the 32nd pick, and we used it on a guy ranked 33rd by an extremely respected draft expert.

So I think that this shows, using Mayock's ratings, the GIANTS did not reach on Wilson. He was picked where he was rated. he was not rated as a 3rd rounder. He was the 33rd ranked guy.

And by the way, I would have preferred Upsahw, Martin from Stanford or Cordy Glenn. But I trust Reese, and Mayock.

Mayock knows what he is talking about, and Reese knows what he is doing. It looks like a good pick - we'll see.

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

It's not a reach, it was a solid pick.

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point.* Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board.* Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd.* He's still on the board.* Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]
    There's a reason Mayock is an analyst and not a GM...

Veteran

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="GIANTfaninFL"]Running backs are a dime a dozen and can be picked up in later rounds... I think picking a RB in the first is pretty lame....[/quote]

Ray Rice, MJD and Adrian Peterson are a dime a dozen?

I don;t think so.

Average backs are a dime a dozen. Great backs are game changers. This kid has a chance to be great.

[/quote]

You realize that Rice and MJD were 2nd round picks right?
    [/quote]

They picked those guys because they thought they had a chance to be special. thats undoubtedly the same criteria for JR here.

I love you guys. All of the sudden after 2 SB championships, JR is some kind of idiot who should have listened to us posters. All because of this pick. I was dead set against Fleener, but if he was the pick I would have trusted the guy who built our team.

Some of you guys are acting like jilted 16 year old girls.

[/quote]

So JR is not responsible for the offensive line? Have you not looked at his draft history? The Giants have about half the players he has drafted still on the team. Reese does well in the early rounds, but not so great in the later round. Heck half of his 2010 draft class are gone.
    Also you're giving Reese credit for both Super Bowls? Accorsi retired earlier in that year. Reese's impact was not complete.