+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Zaggs"]But he was also not a value nor solid pick.
    [/quote]

Even going by Mayocks draft board you could argue he was the BPA where they picked.

What more value is there than that?[/quote]

If you go by Mayocks board, there were players ranked higher than Wilson. So he was neither the BPA nor a value pick. In fact if he's 33rd and drafted 32nd you lose a tad bit of value.

[quote user="lawl"]Worst thing I've ever seen Reese do.[/quote]

He is an impact player, great leader, strong minded, hard worker, lots of production, special teams value, above average in pass protection, excellent pass catching RB and he is freaking 20 years old. This has Reese and TC stamp on it. I have to agree I didn't see it coming but I LOVE IT! He's going to excel playing in here.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Veteran

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

It's not a reach, it was a solid pick.

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]
    And how do you know how far apart 25 and 33 really are? The difference could really be negligible.

But, the whole JR only drafts BPA is a myth anyway.
    [/quote]

3 points worth of ranking going by NFL.com. I mean who are the starting tackles? Locklear and Diehl? Anyone overly confident in that pairing?

Veteran

Ok, I've watched some clips, and I've decided I like the pick for the following reasons:

1. I trust in Reese

2. This kid is FAST. Like, wow fast

3. Man, you should see this kid on returns

4. He looks to be a very talented running back in the style of Ahmad Bradshaw, even Chris Johnson.

The deal is, yes, you can find guys in later rounds, like Bradshaw, but obviously, if that happened all the time, people wouldn't ever pick RBs in the first.

The kid looks good, and I'm throwing my support behind him.

All In!

Veteran

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point.* Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board.* Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd.* He's still on the board.* Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]
    And how do you know how far apart 25 and 33 really are? The difference could really be negligible.

[/quote]

3 points worth of ranking going by NFL.com.* I mean who are the starting tackles?* Locklear and Diehl?* Anyone overly confident in that pairing?
    [/quote]

Beatty, dude?

[quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="TheEnigma"]To be fair, doesn't Lawl hate anything to do with RB's? I'm not trying to slam you dude but you seem like the kind of guy who would of been upset if we got Richardson at 32.[/quote]

Yup.

[/quote]There we go then folks. No point in arguing since Lawl won't be convinced otherwise. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Veteran

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Zaggs"]But he was also not a value nor solid pick.
    [/quote]

Even going by Mayocks draft board you could argue he was the BPA where they picked.

What more value is there than that?[/quote]

If you go by Mayocks board, there were players ranked higher than Wilson.* So he was neither the BPA nor a value pick.* In fact if he's 33rd and drafted 32nd you lose a tad bit of value.*
    [/quote]

I love Mayock, but there's a reason he's not the one drafting the players

[quote user="Morehead State"]

What do you think of the pick Slip?

[/quote]

I thought looking at who was available and it just looked like there were a bunch of guys rated about the same. So I dont find it surprising they took Wilson, I could see him being the BPA there.

If you want me to come up with a scouting report on him I can put one together, honestly I hated watching him on film. Find option/spread offense backs really hard to evaluate. I want to see NFL style runs.

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Zaggs"]But he was also not a value nor solid pick.
    [/quote] Even going by Mayocks draft board you could argue he was the BPA where they picked. What more value is there than that?[/quote]

If you go by Mayocks board, there were players ranked higher than Wilson. So he was neither the BPA nor a value pick. In fact if he's 33rd and drafted 32nd you lose a tad bit of value.
    [/quote]

One of the all-time dumbest MB statements . . . . and that's saying a lot.

Veteran

[quote user="Axels15"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

[/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

3 points worth of ranking going by NFL.com. I mean who are the starting tackles? Locklear and Diehl? Anyone overly confident in that pairing?
    [/quote]

Beatty, dude?[/quote]

Oh yeah, forgot about the all pro Beatty (no, not really).