+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Zaggs"]. I mean who are the starting tackles? Locklear and Diehl? Anyone overly confident in that pairing?
    [/quote]

You saw a starting OT at 32? I didnt.[/quote]

Don't see Glenn being any worse than Beatty.
    [/quote]
    So you throw a 1st round pick after a 2nd for "not being any worse?"

Makes sense to me.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

It's not a reach, it was a solid pick.

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point.* Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board.* Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd.* He's still on the board.* Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote] There's a reason Mayock is an analyst and not a GM...[/quote]

there is also a reason we're MB posters and JR IS a GM.

(Actually a 2 time SB winning GM)

[/quote] Jerry Jones can say that too. Previous accolades have no bearing on current performance[/quote]

So now you are so dillusional that you are comparing JR to Jerry Jones.* The first rule of getting out of a hole Lawl is "stop digging".

You're now making a fool out of yourself and it makes me sad.

[/quote]

I'm not digging a hole. I love Reese, but this was a stupid pick

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]
    There's a reason Mayock is an analyst and not a GM...[/quote]

Mike was a very respected scout, and is still respected by many in the game.

You don;t think Mayock is an expert?

I'm not talking about Kiper for crying out loud.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.

[/quote]

Jerry Jones can say that too.

Previous accolades have no bearing on current performance[/quote]

Horrible analogy, Lawl. Jones won his championships when he had Johnson making the personnel decisions.

That notwithstanding, it's pointless because Dallas won their championships nearly 20 years ago, not 3 months ago. Big difference.

Didn't follow the draft this year, so don't know much about Wilson or the prospects who were left. I'll trust Reese and support this pick 100%.

One thing going into the season that scared me was depth behind Bradshaw. He gets hurt quite a bit, so I wasn't too keen on just having Scott and ware behind him. Glad we added some competition in that unfortunate scenario.

[quote user="lawl"]
    I'm not digging a hole. I love Reese, but this was a stupid pick[/quote]

Who would you have taken? Giants said they tried to trade out, but nobody was willing to give up much to come up

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Jerry Jones can say that too. Previous accolades have no bearing on current performance[/quote]

So now you are so dillusional that you are comparing JR to Jerry Jones. The first rule of getting out of a hole Lawl is "stop digging".

You're now making a fool out of yourself and it makes me sad.

[/quote] I'm not digging a hole. I love Reese, but this was a stupid pick[/quote]

When you compared JR to Jerry Jones you were digging in way over your head.

Now step away from the shovel Lawl. JR doesn't run our beloved team in the haphazard way you run your fantasy teams.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL, Fallacy?

We had the 32nd pick, and we used it on a guy ranked 33rd by an extremely respected draft expert.

So I think that this shows, using Mayock's ratings, the GIANTS did not reach on Wilson. He was picked where he was rated. he was not rated as a 3rd rounder. He was the 33rd ranked guy.
    [/quote]

But he was also not a value nor solid pick.
    [/quote]

According to who?

You?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that you are a paid analyst on a major sports network, or an active GM of a Pro Football team.

If you are, please correct me. Even if you are, I still will take MAyock's ratings and Reese's track record on this pick right now.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"] I'm not digging a hole. I love Reese, but this was a stupid pick[/quote] Who would you have taken? Giants said they tried to trade out, but nobody was willing to give up much to come up[/quote]

Lawl needs all our love right now. We don't want to read about him in the morning.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Zaggs"]
    Don't see Glenn being any worse than Beatty.
    [/quote]

So you want to use a first round pick on a guy who "wont be worse"?

I really think this whole hate thing stems from a couple people who think Glenn was a great prospect.

Glenn scares the heck out of me as a prospect. He cant bend at his knees at all, so he plays high or bends at the waist (which means either no leverage, or eventual back problems), hes big and strong but hes not really a mauler. He is more a catcher with how he uses his hands.

Frankly, I think Glenn will have an exceptionally hard time playing RT. Thing he would be easy prey for any NFL pass rusher.

And his lack of bend and inherent lack of leverage scares me inside at guard.

High high bust potential for Glenn, IMO[/quote]

As opposed to using a first round pick on a guy who's probably going to be tackled for losses a few times? You can pull the "I'm better than you" act in college. But thats not going to work against NFL linebackers.
    I actually would have prefered Stephen Hill be picked to start off as the outside/3rd option and then let him learn the position.