+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Morehead State"]

What do you think of the pick Slip?

[/quote]

I thought looking at who was available and it just looked like there were a bunch of guys rated about the same. So I dont find it surprising they took Wilson, I could see him being the BPA there.

If you want me to come up with a scouting report on him I can put one together, honestly I hated watching him on film. Find option/spread offense backs really hard to evaluate. I want to see NFL style runs.[/quote]

Stick to you pre draft thoughts. You were opposed to a rb in the first round.

Do not let the giants decisions sway your thought process. The last time you did so was with sintim. You didn't like him pre draft, but once we took him you couldn't make up enough reasons for us to like him.

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Zaggs"]
    Don't see Glenn being any worse than Beatty.
    [/quote] So you want to use a first round pick on a guy who "wont be worse"? I really think this whole hate thing stems from a couple people who think Glenn was a great prospect. Glenn scares the heck out of me as a prospect. He cant bend at his knees at all, so he plays high or bends at the waist (which means either no leverage, or eventual back problems), hes big and strong but hes not really a mauler. He is more a catcher with how he uses his hands. Frankly, I think Glenn will have an exceptionally hard time playing RT. Thing he would be easy prey for any NFL pass rusher. And his lack of bend and inherent lack of leverage scares me inside at guard. High high bust potential for Glenn, IMO[/quote]

As opposed to using a first round pick on a guy who's probably going to be tackled for losses a few times? You can pull the "I'm better than you" act in college. But thats not going to work against NFL linebackers.
    I actually would have prefered Stephen Hill be picked to start off as the outside/3rd option and then let him learn the position.
    [/quote]

Every player drafted in the first round is a heck of a lot better than the guys they play against in college.

Isn't that a good thing?

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

It's not a reach, it was a solid pick.

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]

LOL, Fallacy?

We had the 32nd pick, and we used it on a guy ranked 33rd by an extremely respected draft expert.

So I think that this shows, using Mayock's ratings, the GIANTS did not reach on Wilson. He was picked where he was rated. he was not rated as a 3rd rounder. He was the 33rd ranked guy.
    [/quote]

But he was also not a value nor solid pick.
    [/quote]

According to who?

You?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that you are a paid analyst on a major sports network, or an active GM of a Pro Football team.

If you are, please correct me. Even if you are, I still will take MAyock's ratings and Reese's track record on this pick right now.
    [/quote]

Thats my whole point. Mayock had other players who were available rated higher. So you're trying to disagree with me, while actually agreeing with me.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]
    I'm not digging a hole. I love Reese, but this was a stupid pick[/quote]

Who would you have taken? Giants said they tried to trade out, but nobody was willing to give up much to come up[/quote]

Branch worthy Reyes randle massie

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote] So you want to use a first round pick on a guy who "wont be worse"? I really think this whole hate thing stems from a couple people who think Glenn was a great prospect. Glenn scares the heck out of me as a prospect. He cant bend at his knees at all, so he plays high or bends at the waist (which means either no leverage, or eventual back problems), hes big and strong but hes not really a mauler. He is more a catcher with how he uses his hands. Frankly, I think Glenn will have an exceptionally hard time playing RT. Thing he would be easy prey for any NFL pass rusher. And his lack of bend and inherent lack of leverage scares me inside at guard. High high bust potential for Glenn, IMO[/quote]

As opposed to using a first round pick on a guy who's probably going to be tackled for losses a few times? You can pull the "I'm better than you" act in college. But thats not going to work against NFL linebackers.
    I actually would have prefered Stephen Hill be picked to start off as the outside/3rd option and then let him learn the position.
    [/quote]

Every player drafted in the first round is a heck of a lot better than the guys they play against in college.

Isn't that a good thing?

[/quote]

Which means they way the play works well against inferior competition. But like everyone says, the NFL game is faster. Wilson is going to be seeing linebackers than run as fast as him. Something he did not see much of in college.

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Isn't that a good thing?

[/quote]

Which means they way the play works well against inferior competition. But like everyone says, the NFL game is faster. Wilson is going to be seeing linebackers than run as fast as him. Something he did not see much of in college.
    [/quote]

With very rare exception, when David Wilson steps on the field, he'll be the fastest guy out there.

The guy is a bullet.

And may I suggest that every player you would have rather picked would also find the NFL game faster than college football?

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="lawl"]
    Stick to you pre draft thoughts. You were opposed to a rb in the first round.

Do not let the giants decisions sway your thought process. The last time you did so was with sintim. You didn't like him pre draft, but once we took him you couldn't make up enough reasons for us to like him.[/quote]

I honestly thought a better player would drop to them, everyone I really liked was gone by the time they picked. And while I wasent in love with drafting a HB in the first, it wasent because I disliked Wilson. I really thought some better players would drop to 32, by the time the giants were picking there really was not much to chose from.

And I never liked Sintim, pre or post draft.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Isn't that a good thing?

[/quote]

[/quote]

With very rare exception, when David Wilson steps on the field, he'll be the fastest guy out there.

The guys is a bullet.

[/quote]

Hahahaha. Thanks. I needed a laugh before heading off to bed. He's not even the fastest back in this draft.

I like the pick. I wasn't overly excited but no one really dropped down like I'd hoped ...it was a tease.

I think like everyone is saying the kid is explosive. I also see his vision,patience, and footwork behind the line and in between the tackles is a lot like McCoys's. His best asset is his balance the kid is ridiculous at keepig his balance and he constantly keeps moving forward after the tackle. I don't know if he is 3 down back or if the Giants drafted him to be a 3 down back but he will be a great compliment to our running game.

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

It's not a reach, it was a solid pick.

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.
    [/quote]

LOL, Fallacy?

We had the 32nd pick, and we used it on a guy ranked 33rd by an extremely respected draft expert.

So I think that this shows, using Mayock's ratings, the GIANTS did not reach on Wilson. He was picked where he was rated. he was not rated as a 3rd rounder. He was the 33rd ranked guy.
    [/quote]

But he was also not a value nor solid pick.
    [/quote]

According to who?

You?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that you are a paid analyst on a major sports network, or an active GM of a Pro Football team.

If you are, please correct me. Even if you are, I still will take MAyock's ratings and Reese's track record on this pick right now.
    [/quote]

Thats my whole point. Mayock had other players who were available rated higher. So you're trying to disagree with me, while actually agreeing with me.
    [/quote]

No no no no

Your argument is that he was not a value pick. He was picked one slot away from where a respected prognosticator ranked him.

I am not talking about other players, I am talking about Wilson. Wilson went where he was supposed to.

Wilson was NOT a reach, that is my point.