+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

Well as far as the BPA is concerned...

What position could they have drafted at 32 that wasent a need at some level?

Every position is a need.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="slipknottin"]Talking to Garafolo a bit, he says he was told Glenn was higher on their draft board, does not know if there were other players higher, Wilson was definately higher than Martin however. He says the giants thought if there was a run on HBs that guys like Pead, Polk, James, etc would all be gone before they picked in the 2nd. They clearly felt the talent drop off after the 2nd round at HB was rather substantial. Thought Wilson was substantially better than the other HBs remaining, so they pulled the trigger now, rather than missing out on a bunch of HBs they liked by the time their 2nd round pick came up. Makes sense from that aspect. So its a bit of a reach, but if there is a run on HBs and a bunch go second round, that may have been really their only choice.[/quote] This makes it much worse. Stick to your big board. We had a Guy rated higher that could potentiallyplay rt. A run on hbs is great for us. A higher rated Guy would most definitely fall to us in the 2nd round if this supposed run on HBs occurs.[/quote]

You're still mad?

[/quote] Yes. If what garafalo says is true, then I need no more confirmation[/quote]

You'll get over it when our running attack improves substantially next season. It was our greatest weakness and we have begun the process of addressing it.

[/quote] You don't understand. I don't care. He probably will be very good. The point is, its not a percentage pick. A rb in the first rd takes away an asset that could have been invested in a valuable position[/quote]

All this whining of yours is because you don't think its a "percentage pick"?

Thats a lot of hysterics over a benign point Lawl. Now go ahead and cancel that order you put in forthe JR Vodoo doll.

[/quote]

Its the wrong thing to do.[/quote]
    How is RB not a valuable position? The guy is going to be a day 1 impact player for the Giants. He is an immediate upgrade over Ware, Scott and perhaps even Bradshaw. The way I see it the Giants just made a substantial upgrade to their roster.

piggybacks on what they did last year... team speed.

Bradshaw is a damn good runner, but how many 20+ yard carries did he have in 2011? 3.

All-Pro

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="lawl"]
    If you have a great qb. You should just put random rbs on the team. More importantly just a Guy that can catch balls.teams with young qbs should be the ones that target rbs early to help his development.[/quote]

Obviously the professionals disagree with you (thank god).[/quote]

Green bay doesn't

All-Pro

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="slipknottin"]Talking to Garafolo a bit, he says he was told Glenn was higher on their draft board, does not know if there were other players higher, Wilson was definately higher than Martin however. He says the giants thought if there was a run on HBs that guys like Pead, Polk, James, etc would all be gone before they picked in the 2nd. They clearly felt the talent drop off after the 2nd round at HB was rather substantial. Thought Wilson was substantially better than the other HBs remaining, so they pulled the trigger now, rather than missing out on a bunch of HBs they liked by the time their 2nd round pick came up. Makes sense from that aspect. So its a bit of a reach, but if there is a run on HBs and a bunch go second round, that may have been really their only choice.[/quote] This makes it much worse. Stick to your big board. We had a Guy rated higher that could potentiallyplay rt. A run on hbs is great for us. A higher rated Guy would most definitely fall to us in the 2nd round if this supposed run on HBs occurs.[/quote]

You're still mad?

[/quote] Yes. If what garafalo says is true, then I need no more confirmation[/quote]

You'll get over it when our running attack improves substantially next season.* It was our greatest weakness and we have begun the process of addressing it.

[/quote] You don't understand. I don't care. He probably will be very good. The point is, its not a percentage pick. A rb in the first rd takes away an asset that could have been invested in a valuable position[/quote]

Thats a lot of hysterics over a benign point Lawl.* Now go ahead and cancel that order you put in for*the JR Vodoo doll.

[/quote]

How is RB not a valuable position? The guy is going to be a day 1 impact player for the Giants. He is an immediate upgrade over Ware, Scott and perhaps even Bradshaw. The way I see it the Giants just made a substantial upgrade to their roster.

[/quote]

De dt ot and wr are all positions that have a morr direct influence on our ability to win games.

[quote user="slipknottin"]piggybacks on what they did last year... team speed.

Bradshaw is a damn good runner, but how many 20+ yard carries did he have in 2011? 3.[/quote]

The thing I took away last year was that they made special teams a priority. They said as much.

It seems maybe this year the run game is a priority.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

You're still mad?

You'll get over it when our running attack improves substantially next season. It was our greatest weakness and we have begun the process of addressing it.

Thats a lot of hysterics over a benign point Lawl. Now go ahead and cancel that order you put in forthe JR Vodoo doll.

[/quote]

[/quote]

De dt ot and wr are all positions that have a morr direct influence on our ability to win games.[/quote]

That is all your opinion. Which thankfully, means nothing to this team.

All the top DEs were off the board.

We just signed a Dt to go with our already good group.

We signed a OT for depth in the offseason.

We have 2 pro bowl WRs and a couple youngsters behind them. Besides, which WR was on the board rated to go here? There were none.

Basing your opinion of a pick on what position a guy plays is just silly. He is the best player we could have gotten to address the part of the team that suffered the most last year..the run game.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"]

You're still mad?

[/quote]

[/quote]

De dt ot and wr are all positions that have a morr direct influence on our ability to win games.[/quote]
    DE and DT we're pretty much set, OT still has alot of qaulity guys left and I think thats direction we go in RD 2 and obviously WR we feature two of the best playmakers in the NFL. A 3rd complimentary piece can be found in the later rounds...Sanu, McNutt, Jerffery, Marvin Jones ect ect.

Also we just won a superbowl with two of the worst performing staring tackles in the NFL so how much it influences our ability to win is clearly debatable

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="lawl"]
    If you have a great qb. You should just put random rbs on the team. More importantly just a Guy that can catch balls.teams with young qbs should be the ones that target rbs early to help his development.[/quote]

Obviously the professionals disagree with you (thank god).[/quote]

Green bay doesn't[/quote]

And who's won more Superbowls in the past 5 years?

Blanket statements are a bit beneath you (you usually have much better insight).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="lawl"]

You think a #3 WR has more influence on a game then a #1 RB generally speaking?

Hmmm.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)