+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

the only way I'll be angry about this pick is if Miller is there in round 2

Veteran

Mayock likes it, so I like it too

Mayock's take: "People talk about how quick and fast Wilson is, but he's so explosive north and south. He doesn't just try to make you miss laterally. This is a football player. And if you go to New York to play for Tom Coughlin, you better be nothing less. Great pick by the Giants."

Running backs are a dime a dozen and can be picked up in later rounds...

I think picking a RB in the first is pretty lame....

Veteran

[quote user="GIANTfaninFL"]Running backs are a dime a dozen and can be picked up in later rounds...

I think picking a RB in the first is pretty lame....[/quote]

dude you can say that about any position. Brady was a 7th rounder... Peyton was a 1st.

Veteran

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="jjj45"][quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]

I remember when everyone hated the JPP pick.

[/quote]Exactly, people think they are experts cuz they follow the draft a lot.

This is a great pick. With BJ gone we need a RB. This dude fits the bill.

[/quote]

And neither DJ Ware nor Da'rel Scott are running backs?
    [/quote]Are they as good as Wilson? Doubt it.
    [/quote]

But which is the bigger drop off? Bradshaw to Scott or Ware or Cruz to Barden or Jernigan? To me its at receiver.
    Scott hasn't been given a chance to show what he can do and with the Wilson pick Reese has written him off barring injury. But we've seen Barden, dude can't even crack the top 3 if everyone is healthy. Jernigan would have been cut if he wasn't such a high draft pick.

Veteran

[quote user="GIANTfaninFL"]Running backs are a dime a dozen and can be picked up in later rounds...

I think picking a RB in the first is pretty lame....[/quote]Its the 32nd pick. I mean a lot of you guys act like we were picking in the teens. Take what JR has given us and quit complaining. There are other rounds.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="RichGiants81"]Hope he is good but this really sucks in my opinion[/quote]

In my opinion, you are an idiot

[/quote]

Thanks for that guy, you must be a 15 year old kid. No adult would post a response like that to a fellow giants fan sharing their opinion on a message board. Im that "idiot" that called wfan after the home loss to the skins in 07 and predicted that the giants would win a super bowl with Eli and coughlin when nobody thought it would ever happen. The team was due for a bad first
    Pick. You wasn't find a nicks or a jpp every year

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Axels15"]I think, if nothing else, this probably should put to bed the theory that Reese only picks BPA I'm willing to go in with an open mind, but with Glenn and Hill there, I'm sure surprised[/quote]

I've been saying this all week. The entire notion that JR is a "BPA purist" is a myth.

I love the pick because they obviously think he's special, as do I. You gotta get that guy if thats theie view.

[/quote]

Can you really say that Reese and Ross didn't think he was the best player available? You got access to the NYG draft board?

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I have 3 vids of Wilson will get some more up tomorrow

David Wilson vs Virginia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpNB4ZzTLBk&feature=plcp

Vs Clenson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXCcr6FN-SM&feature=plcp

vs WF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtU3ELVStE&feature=plcp

[/quote]
    I trust your opinion, Redeye. What do you think of the pick? I've gotta say, I really couldn't get myself into this draft like years past, so I don't know much about this kid.
    [/quote]
    3rd Best RB in the draft. Personally I think better players were on the board but RB was a huge need. I dont think the Giants wanted to make this pick at 32 they were trying to trade back and couldnt get the deal they wanted.Is David Wilson a great player?yes. Does David Wilson fill an immediate need? Yes. Will Wilson help the Giant in a repeat effort? yes. However better players at more valuable positions were on the board

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="RichGiants81"][quote user="ralphpal"]Why dont you people like it? What are the reasons?
    We needed a runningback . I really dont follow college but what are the reasons you people dont like this pick[/quote]

Running back was the last thing we needed, Bradshaw Scott and ware would have been fine for this year[/quote]

I have to disagree.* Bradshaw needs a back up with Jacobs gone.* We don't yet know that Scott is the man so now we have some competition and it could be that Wilson will fill that role when all is said and done.

I don't know how any fan of the GIANTS can question Reese at this point.
    [/quote]

I respect you're ideas because I
    Have seen a lot of intelligent posts from you. But you don't think they could have found a RB in the third round to compete with Scott? I personally think scott is gonna be the next breakout star on the team but even if he isn't. I felt like linebacker and o line were more important for the first pick.