+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: DAVID WILSON THE PICK

This is a position of need. Trust me if Reese felt there was any significant drop off from Martin to Wilson, i'm sure he would have traded up. I do have slight concerns about his frame and whether his style will lead to fumble issues; but what we know about JR is he loves his top athletes, this guy is another athlete he's crazy fast and can help in various ways offensively. I'm delighted we addressed a position of need so soon. I don't see why we shouldn't think this is a good pick.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="GMAN8625"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Axels15"]I think, if nothing else, this probably should put to bed the theory that Reese only picks BPA I'm willing to go in with an open mind, but with Glenn and Hill there, I'm sure surprised[/quote]

I've been saying this all week.* The entire notion that JR is a "BPA purist" is a myth.

I love the pick because they obviously think he's special, as do I.* You gotta get that guy if thats theie view.

[/quote]

Can you really say that Reese and Ross didn't think he was the best player available?* You got access to the NYG draft board?
    [/quote]
    Ralph Vacchiano[/b]*?*@TheBlueScreen[/b]
      https://si0.twimg.com/a/1335395051/t...sprite_bgs.png); position: absolute; top: 9px; right: 12px; -webkit-transition-property: opacity; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.15s; -webkit-transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; -webkit-transition-delay: initial; opacity: 1; background-position: 0px -240px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
    • *Reply[/b]*
    • *Retweet[/b]*
    • *Favorite[/b]*
    • *Open[/list]

Jerry Reese said David Wilson was the second RB ranked on the Giants' draft board.*#NYG[/b]

[/quote]

The first being Trent Richardson?

Complainers should look at the youtube highlight video. Jaw dropping talent....

4.3 in a 40 yard dash speed.... Looks faster in the video.

Power, great cut ability, 41 inch vertical, 206 pounds and he put up 1700 rushing yards. Don't worry about what draft "experts" ranked him in the draft.

[quote user="pino"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="GMAN8625"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Axels15"]I think, if nothing else, this probably should put to bed the theory that Reese only picks BPA I'm willing to go in with an open mind, but with Glenn and Hill there, I'm sure surprised[/quote]

I've been saying this all week. The entire notion that JR is a "BPA purist" is a myth.

I love the pick because they obviously think he's special, as do I. You gotta get that guy if thats theie view.

[/quote]

Can you really say that Reese and Ross didn't think he was the best player available? You got access to the NYG draft board?
    [/quote]
    Ralph Vacchiano[/b]?@TheBlueScreen[/b]
      https://si0.twimg.com/a/1335395051/t...sprite_bgs.png); position: absolute; top: 9px; right: 12px; -webkit-transition-property: opacity; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.15s; -webkit-transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; -webkit-transition-delay: initial; opacity: 1; background-position: 0px -240px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
    • Reply[/b]
    • Retweet[/b]
    • Favorite[/b]
    • Open[/list]

Jerry Reese said David Wilson was the second RB ranked on the Giants' draft board.#NYG[/b]

[/quote]

The first being Trent Richardson?[/quote]
    I would assume.

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="GIANTfaninFL"]Running backs are a dime a dozen and can be picked up in later rounds... I think picking a RB in the first is pretty lame....[/quote]

Ray Rice, MJD and Adrian Peterson are a dime a dozen?

I don;t think so.

Average backs are a dime a dozen. Great backs are game changers. This kid has a chance to be great.

[/quote]

You realize that Rice and MJD were 2nd round picks right?
    [/quote]

They picked those guys because they thought they had a chance to be special. thats undoubtedly the same criteria for JR here.

I love you guys. All of the sudden after 2 SB championships, JR is some kind of idiot who should have listened to us posters. All because of this pick. I was dead set against Fleener, but if he was the pick I would have trusted the guy who built our team.

Some of you guys are acting like jilted 16 year old girls.

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]33rd ranked Player on Mayock's board: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...P11_hot_topics

It's not a reach, it was a solid pick.

I would have loved Upshaw or Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin, but Wilson is a good RB, he'll help Eli and Bradshaw.
    [/quote]

To show the fallacy of this point. Cordy Glenn was ranked 25th by Mayock, he's still on the board. Stephen Hill was ranked 32nd. He's still on the board. Vinny Curry was ranked 30th (not that we need another D-lineman) and is still available.

Veteran

I watched the highlights. A lot looked pretty good, though he has a tendency to try and turn to the other side of the field, which can be worry. I dont like losing yards

[quote user="lawl"]Worst thing I've ever seen Reese do.[/quote]

You've taken "what have you done for me lately" to new levels. (Or depths)

Dissapointed in you Lawl.

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lawl"]Worst thing I've ever seen Reese do.[/quote]

You've taken "what have you done for me lately" to new levels. (Or depths)

Dissapointed in you Lawl.

[/quote]

Investing in a top flight rb is a waste.

I'm shocked Reese would do this.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="RichGiants81"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="RichGiants81"]Hope he is good but this really sucks in my opinion[/quote]

In my opinion, you are an idiot

[/quote] Thanks for that guy, you must be a 15 year old kid. No adult would post a response like that to a fellow giants fan sharing their opinion on a message board. Im that "idiot" that called wfan after the home loss to the skins in 07 and predicted that the giants would win a super bowl with Eli and coughlin when nobody thought it would ever happen. The team was due for a bad first Pick. You wasn't find a nicks or a jpp every year[/quote]

I call BS.

Sorry that you consider my response to your "this really sucks" post to be childish . . . . .

[/quote]

It's ok. But why call bs? You really think I would fabricate an antidote like that to impress you? I spoke to mark malouses on the fan that night after the game when everyone was screaming for coughlins job. After people left and seats opened up in the lowers. People were flocking to the empty seats behind the giants bench so they could heckle Eli. It got so bad that Dave deihl went and put his arm sound Eli. As a real giants fan, I felt obligated to call in that night and stick up for my team. After predicting a super bowl during the Eli/ coughlin era. Mark accused me of being drunk and delusional and hung up on me. I'm sure plenty of people on this board heard the call