+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Wilson

David Wilson

Nice solid pick.
    A RB and a good player.
    This makes us better.

Re: David Wilson

Interesting pick. Just reading up on him....fast guy with power and short, compact build to run through contact. Can run it up the middle or get outside.

His negatives are listed as limited pass protection experience and average receiving skills. Both of those can be taught. Also, listed raw as an inside runner...running indecisively and struggles to find running room at line of scrimmage. Hesitates when a clear opening is not there.

This sounds very positive:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rt-roger-craig

I don't like it. I don't feel like our team improved with this pick and he seems like he's built just like Bradshaw. I also have a strong suspicion we wanted Martin and since TB jumped ahead of us, we had to take the next best RB which is never a good thing.

I think Cordy Glenn or Stephen Hill would have helped us more to be honest. I'm sure this guy will turn out to be ok but I'm not liking it right now. Hoping he proves me wrong.

Wilson is explosive.
    He will break for some big gains.
    Defenses will have to keep an eye on him.

[quote user="Rat_bastich"]...

His negatives are listed as limited pass protection experience and average receiving skills. Both of those can be taught. Also, listed raw as an inside runner...running indecisively and struggles to find running room at line of scrimmage. Hesitates when a clear opening is not there.[/quote]
    Sounds a lot like Brandon "Twinkle Toes" Jacobs.

i'm pumped the guy has elite skills.. Our offense is going to be so explosive.

Veteran

I was really surprised that we selected a runningback.

but I really like the pick! It makes a lot of sense, Bradshaw cannot stay healthy.

Good Job Reese!

the one thing i am wondering is if he'll even contribute this season. Coughlin is very cautious with RB's having to protect the QB...

i liked him pre draft, i like him now. i just dont know if David Wilson is significantly better than any of the RB's we could have gotten rd 2...

but watch Wilson turn out to be the best RB from this class...

I don't like it but I will have to wait til tommarow. Giants need to get some players for the O-line and a lb.

[link]http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles?id=2533035[/link]

at a glance he reminds me of what Tiki was. Small, agile, fast, Homerun potential, running style can lead to turnovers though.

Personally I hoped for another OL or at least a TE but...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread