+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Wilson

Re: David Wilson

Can he catch?

We haven't had a rb who could catch in quite a while.

No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][link]http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles?id=2533035[/link]

at a glance he reminds me of what Tiki was.* Small, agile, fast, Homerun potential, running style can lead to turnovers though.

Personally I hoped for another OL or at least a TE but...
    [/quote]
    Keep in mind that Coughlin fixed Tiki's problems. Wilson is what JPP was last year. A raw freak of athletic talent with a bit more experience. He is coming into one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL. He will succeed.

a nice pick imo! Wilson is very fast and was the ACC poy!

i like it. Bradshaw needs a compliment!

Veteran

[quote user="jomo"]

Can he catch?

We haven't had a rb who could catch in quite a while.

[/quote]

He's going to be devastating on wheel routes and screens.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]the one thing i am wondering is if he'll even contribute this season. Coughlin is very cautious with RB's having to protect the QB...

i liked him pre draft, i like him now. i just dont know if David Wilson is significantly better than any of the RB's we could have gotten rd 2...

but watch Wilson turn out to be the best RB from this class...[/quote]Coughlin is very old school with RB's and OL. I think we see very little of Wilson this season unless all of our RB's get injured.

Starter

[quote user="krygny"][quote user="Rat_bastich"]...

His negatives are listed as limited pass protection experience and average receiving skills. Both of those can be taught. Also, listed raw as an inside runner...running indecisively and struggles to find running room at line of scrimmage. Hesitates when a clear opening is not there.[/quote]
    Sounds a lot like Brandon "Twinkle Toes" Jacobs.

[/quote] exactly

Tiki v.2

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

If Wilson cannot protect Eli he will not see the field! Martin was the only back capable of this starting day 1. He has a ton of talent and can end up being an explosive back for us but is nothing more than a project to start the season. Hope I'm wrong because I'm concerned about AB being healthy to start season

Have you seen the highlights on this guy.
    He has some sick moves and AMAZING speed.

but chip blocking a pass rusher is not to be overlooked either. Especially in the NFCE.

I am cautiously optimistic about this Pick, but if we were going RB, a bigger, stronger, bruiser would have been nice for me.

Actually I really want the O Line to be addressed because to me that unit as a whole was suspect last season.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread