+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: What happened to trusting Reese?

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Didn't Reese say that Glenn was the BPA at #32 for them but since they felt a run would happen at the RB position, they went with Wilson instead? I ask because there's been a few things going around and I just want to clarify.[/quote]

Nah, MG said these things

Whats interesting about the whole martin/wilson is that reese reiterated on wfan that they had wilson as number 2 back behind richardson AND had players ranked above doug martin if wilson weren't available

Also stated fleener didnt have a first round grade ( ='[ )

[quote user="nevada11"]Yes sanu wanting to play for the jets makes him a moron. Not because he would likely start for the jets, but bcus he bombed his interview with the giants. Arguably one of the most smartest receivers in this draft on the field, is a ****** because he fell to the 3rd and was passed by gmen

Pft. Giants had randle as a 1st rnd talent and sanu lower. Stop over analyzing with completely moronic theories bluesanta[/quote]

Does make a point though, sanu saying he'd prefer to play for the jets is moronic haha

But its even more moronic to suggest thats the reason the giants passed on sanu. maybe they just wanted a more vertical threat in randle although im not overly him on him

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="nevada11"]Yes sanu wanting to play for the jets makes him a moron. Not because he would likely start for the jets, but bcus he bombed his interview with the giants. Arguably one of the most smartest receivers in this draft on the field, is a ****** because he fell to the 3rd and was passed by gmen

Pft. Giants had randle as a 1st rnd talent and sanu lower. Stop over analyzing with completely moronic theories bluesanta[/quote]

Does make a point though, sanu saying he'd prefer to play for the jets is moronic haha

But its even more moronic to suggest thats the reason the giants passed on sanu. maybe they just wanted a more vertical threat in randle although im not overly him on him[/quote]

Did you read what I said? because it doesnt appear so.

I suggested that there was some red flag in interviews with regards to sanu, not that we didnt select him because of that comment(which would intern lower his grade.) the point being WE DONT KNOW why he was lower, but he was.

I used that comment as an example of stupidity, which is was not because he said he would rather play for the Jets, but because he answered the question at all. A smarter kid knows a trap question when it is asked.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="nevada11"]Yes sanu wanting to play for the jets makes him a moron. Not because he would likely start for the jets, but bcus he bombed his interview with the giants. Arguably one of the most smartest receivers in this draft on the field, is a ****** because he fell to the 3rd and was passed by gmen

But its even more moronic to suggest thats the reason the giants passed on sanu. maybe they just wanted a more vertical threat in randle although im not overly him on him[/quote]

Did you read what I said? because it doesnt appear so.

I suggested that there was some red flag in interviews with regards to sanu, not that we didnt select him because of that comment(which would intern lower his grade.) the point being WE DONT KNOW why he was lower, but he was.

I used that comment as an example of stupidity, which is was not because he said he would rather play for the Jets, but because he answered the question at all. A smarter kid knows a trap question when it is asked.
    [/quote]

Wait so that means he was stupid for answering a question, it was enough to justify the giants passing on randle? And that is supposed to make nycsportzfan feel better?

Your reasoning is pretty stupid because its based on speculation because there are no reports teams had red flags on sanu. Using FACTS, COLD HARD FACTS the giants had randle as the best player available on their board

theories like bad intreviews, red flags, and saying he would play for the jets is nonsense and waste of your words. You are over analyzing. own up to it

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"]this is what happens when armchair GMs fall in love with prospects.

They get their hopes crushed when Reese, a smarter man, doesn't agree with them.
    [/quote] Well, to be fair, its all part of the draft process.. Sometimes your gonna love the picks, and sometimes your not.. What are u supposed to do, say u like something when u don't? Its not like Reese dosen't miss on picks lke every other GM.. He did pick Jay Alford, Andre Brown, Bryan Kehl, Ramses Barden, Travis Beckum(not enough production to warrent the pick yet), Andre Woodson, Phillip Dillard, Stoney Woodson, Clint Sintim, Rhett Bomar..etc I realize that i noted some mid to late rd picks, but i did so to show that there are misses mixed in throughout all rds.. I think there is enough misses to at least give your true feelings about the picks when there made.. Not to menton, whats the point of discussing picks, if all your gonna do is say , "i dislike the pick, but i trust reese"??? All u can do is make your case to why u do or don't like the pick and try and have "adult" like discussions.. TO me, theres more children like responses from the people who are all "reese rules" then the ones that are trying to be objective and discuss why they dont like the picks.. Its like your a enemy just becuase u don't agree with the pick.. I've put in enough time on these boards and int he draft threads, to at least be able to discuss why or why not i like a pick, without being treated like a dink, i would think..

I wonder where were all these people the last 4yrs, when i was all most annoyingly so having to debate as hard as ever, how great our drafts, and our UDF pickups were.. There were so many nay sayers, it was crazy!But, that was ok? The one yr i have some questions about some of our picks, is the one yr that the consensus loves it...lol Its strange, becasue the past several yrs, in my opinion, were hands down, easier drafts to sit back and say, "hey, we just killed it".. Thats just my opinoin of course, and i think the drafts of the past several yrs kinda support my arguement, seeing how those are the drafts, that got us saying " in reese we trust", right?

This is litteraly the first time i felt that we drafted just like other teams, and didn't just snatch up great values throughout.. Even when u do just snatch up great values, some won't hit, like a Ramses Barden, or Andre Brown proves, but it certainly in my opinon,gives u a better chance at hitting, i would think? I loved the fact we would take guys like Greg Jones in RD 6, while other teams passed em by because of this or that, and we'd just roll the dice on the fact the guy knows what hes doing, based on his production..

Either way, i dont think the draft was a big loss or anything, but i certainly have more questions about this draft, then any other draft we've had under reese...

[/quote]

Ok im gonna make 1 last attempt to cheer you up by addressing the 2 main picks you had a problem with, Wilson and Randle.

I know you were a Martin > Wilson guy. I have np with that, even though I didnt agree. The problem I have is that even though I was a Wilson guy, I acknowledged that they were very close prospects in value. I could understand why some had Martin over Wilson, even if I didnt agree. However, I do not think you do at all with regards to Wilson, I think you fell in love with Martin. Now, Ill make my case:

Look at it this way. Would you have rather given up 18 spots in the 4th and 22 picks in the 2nd round to choose Martin over Wilson? I am a Wilson guy, but I sure wouldnt have been happy if we had given up that much for Wilson over Martin. I think that is crazy. They were rated way to closely to give up that much for 1 over the other. Look at those 22 spots in the 2nd round, there are some pretty impressive guys who got selected there between pick 36 and pick 58 including the likes of Fleener, Glenn, Alshon Jeffery, Jenkins, Bobby Wagner, Jonathan Martin and many more. Look a those guys in the 4th, its a prettyi good list too, including Orson Charles, Ladarius Green, Evan Rodriguez, Robert Turbin, Nigel Bradham, Joe Adams to name a few.

Look at it from a value standpoint using the draft pick value chart. The Bucs moved up 5 spots from pick 36(540 point value) to pick 31(600 point value). That's a 60 point value jump they went up to get Martin.

You have been on record saying you liked the Bucs draft, I too like some of the players they got, but look how much they gave up to get Martin over Wilson:

-They swapped 2nd rounders , pick 36 to pick 58(-220 point value) and they swapped 4th rounders as well dropping from pick 101 to pick 126(-50 value.)

So from a pure value standpoint they gave up 270 points, roughly the equivalent of a mid 3rd round selection(equivalent of pick 76) in order to take Martin over Wilson. Look at pick 76 and tell me the guys on the board at that time arent worth more than whatever difference you percieve in these 2 backs. Here is a short list of player selected in that area: Brandon Brooks(pick 76), Mohamed Sanu(83), Bernard Pierce (84), Sean Spence(86), Demario Davis(77)

That is INSANELY poor value drafting on their part with regards to that pick.

Now lets talk about Ruben Randle. I know you werent fond of that pick either. Based on film and production I understood your point completely. You wanted Sanu(among others) over Randle. The problem is we have a fraction of the info on these 2 that Reese has. He interviewed both, he has doctors reports, strength training reports, intelligence tests etc . I have to believe there was a problem with Sanu that we couldnt see on film. I think there was likely a similar problem with regards to Cordy Glenn as well, a guy I liked very much for us.

I suspect, based on his answer to the media question posed to him leading up the draft about which NY team he would prefer to play for, that Sanu is not a smart kid. Not because he answered "The Jets", but because he answered period. Why alienate a prospective NFL team from drafting you? The moment I read that I knew 2 thing were probable 1) his interview with the Giants went very poorly. and/or 2) he is an idiot for Alienating a team that showed interest in him by bringing him in for an interview.

Conversely, we could not see how Ruben handled his interview. Maybe he showed aptitude beyond his age. Maybe he showed understanding of the offense leading the coaches to believe he can step in sooner. We have no idea what he showed. But whatever he did show, Reese liked it, and I trust Reese.

[/quote] As far as the value thing, it depends on who's board u look at.. Also, u gotta look at what the team(bucs in this case), all ready have, before analyzing what players they missed out on with pick they traded to move up and get martin.. They all ready drafted Mason Foster last yr, and just got Lavonte David this yr, and they just got Doug Martin, so that kinda makes Bernard PIerce a back they would never draft, especially with Blounte all ready on boad, and then they signed Vincent Jackson, and have Mike Williams and Arrelious Benn at WR, hence they have no need for Mo Sanu.. They even signed Carl Nicks in the offseason, which kinda rules out Brandon Brooks.. I'm making this point, because knowing that, they made the makes the move even better in my opinon of course..

But, back to saying, "i'm gonna try and cheer you up".. Did u see my last sentence, my friend?

EITHER WAY, I DON"T THINK THE DRAFT WAS A BIG LOSS OR ANYTHING BUT I CERTAINLY HAVE MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS DRAFT THEN ANY OTHER FROM REESE.. Thats all i'm saying.. I do like the bucs draft alot, and its based on what they did in the offseason as well as what they did in the draft. For me, i combine everythign, and make my opinion, based on that.. The draft is a extension of FA'cy, and UDF's, are a extension of both, in my opinion..

I'll i'm getting at, is we mines well not even have draft threads and prospect threads, and talk about what players we think are good and bad, if were all just gonna say, "i don't care who we drafted, becasue in reese we trust"..lol Don't u feel we put in just alittle to much time on theese draft threads over the yrs, to be that way? don't u thnk we looked at just alittle to much film to be that way? I mean, if so, i will officaly be done on these draft threads, becasue its utterly a waste of time..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]But, back to saying,* "i'm gonna try and cheer you up"..* Did u see my last sentence, my friend?

EITHER WAY, I DON"T THINK THE DRAFT WAS A BIG LOSS OR ANYTHING BUT I CERTAINLY HAVE MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS DRAFT THEN ANY OTHER FROM REESE..*[/quote]

"Cheering up" someone with ridiculous speculation and nonsensical theories and no facts is just ridiculous. dont get what hes trying to prove

But you really did want sanu over randle? sanu is nice but randle played in the sec. sanu made a living out of soft coverage in the big east

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] i will officaly be done on these draft threads, becasue its utterly a waste of time..[/quote]

I was simply trying to show you another way to look at because quite frankly you have been very whiney since the draft. This quote supports that claim.

You fell in love with certain picks and Reese didnt agree with you, get over it.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][I was simply trying to show you another way to look at[/quote]

Through speculation and unsupported theories.

You sir, are a genius. Maybe going back to elementary school and learning about what facts and observations are helps

I'm sure the Giants loved sanu, they had randle ranked as the best player on their board. End of story

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="BlueSanta"][I was simply trying to show you another way to look at[/quote]

You sir, are a genius. Maybe going back to elementary school and learning about what facts and observations are helps

I'm sure the Giants loved sanu, they had randle ranked as the best player on their board. End of story[/quote]
    Lol, why do you think he was rated higher? because of information WE didnt have. That was my point I made very clearly.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="BlueSanta"][I was simply trying to show you another way to look at[/quote]

I'm sure the Giants loved sanu, they had randle ranked as the best player on their board. End of story[/quote]
    Lol, why do you think he was rated higher? because of information WE didnt have. That was my point I made very clearly.
    [/quote]

Nope, you're still over analyzing buddy

We dont know any info? Reese STATED AND CLEARLY SAID they had Randle as their best available player on their board by far. It makes everything else irrelevant. Speculating things about bad interviews from sanu and using unsupported theories to tell someone why they should feel better about the giants passing on sanu for randle is stupid and makes no sense whatsoever