+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: out all rbs,, why take a midget 5'8 206 lbs????

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="GMenNY21"][quote user="DVision"]LeSean McCoy - 5'11" 208 Last I checked he's pretty good![/quote]That's who he*reminds me of a lot[/quote]I liked Mccoy more coming out.Better receiver , Shiftier player. Graded him as a First Rounder[/quote]

I agree about the receiving part ... partially about the shiftiness.

I think Wilson has better balance than McCoy. Both have excellent vision.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]

I think Wilson has better balance than McCoy. Both have excellent vision.[/quote]

Wilson has better balance is and is more physical of a runner. McCoy much more lateral runner.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Kruunch"]

I think Wilson has better balance than McCoy. Both have excellent vision.[/quote]

Wilson has better balance is and is more physical of a runner. McCoy much more lateral runner.[/quote]

Yep yep ... and I agree with the comment you made about McCoy's jump cut.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="CGYgiant"]
    redeye have you posted any videos of this guy?
    [/quote]

Vs Virginia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpNB4ZzTLBk

Vs. Clemson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXCcr6FN-SM

Vs. Wake Forest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtU3ELVStE[/quote]

Thanks, this guy is the most explosive back in this draft IMO

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="GMenNY21"][quote user="DVision"]LeSean McCoy - 5'11" 208 Last I checked he's pretty good![/quote]That's who he*reminds me of a lot[/quote]I liked Mccoy more coming out.Better receiver , Shiftier player. Graded him as a First Rounder[/quote]

I would agree with that. McCoy has incredible lateral movement, that jump cut he makes is completely unlike anything Ive ever seen from Wilson on tape. Wilson is, at least at this point, a much more linear runner.[/quote]

If you are comparing him to mccoy, maybe. But that is like comparing other pro bowl defensive ends to JPP or Ware and say "they are much more linear coming off the edge"

But wilson is not a linear guy. He can change directions extremely fast and show great stop-and-start skills

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="GMenNY21"][quote user="DVision"]LeSean McCoy - 5'11" 208 Last I checked he's pretty good![/quote]That's who he*reminds me of a lot[/quote]I liked Mccoy more coming out.Better receiver , Shiftier player. Graded him as a First Rounder[/quote]

I would agree with that. McCoy has incredible lateral movement, that jump cut he makes is completely unlike anything Ive ever seen from Wilson on tape. Wilson is, at least at this point, a much more linear runner.[/quote]

If you are comparing him to mccoy, maybe. But that is like comparing other pro bowl defensive ends to JPP or Ware and say "they are much more linear coming off the edge"

But wilson is not a linear guy. He can change directions extremely fast and show great stop-and-start skills[/quote]

Despite the highlight of Wilson doing the Three Stooges play cutting across the field three times, generally speaking he's more of a north/south runner and his cuts are very angular (he's almost always going forward).

McCoy has a freakish jump cut where he goes totally lateral (and even backwards) instantly that Wilson (and virtually every other RB in the NFL) doesn't have.

Wilson doesn't remind me of McCoy at all. He reminds me of Ray Rice if anyone because of his freakish balance (just wish he had Rice's hands out of the backfield).

[quote user="nevada11"]

But wilson is not a linear guy. He can change directions extremely fast and show great stop-and-start skills[/quote]

Trying to compare them coming out. Wilson is a pretty linear runner, he does not have any sudden lateral moves, if you watch his cut backs, he stops his feet, turns then starts running again. McCoy Ive never seen do that, McCoy its all one motion, quick jump cut and explode. Ive been looking for a clip where Wilson was going forward and while going forward moved explosively laterally, and I havent found any.

Do I think you need to have that McCoy jump cut to be successful? definately not. But I just dont see McCoy as a suitable comparison to Wilson because of that.

Hes not mccoy i know

My problem is that I just do not think he is "linear" either.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nevada11"]

Trying to compare them coming out. Wilson is a pretty linear runner, he does not have any sudden lateral moves, if you watch his cut backs, he stops his feet, turns then starts running again. McCoy Ive never seen do that, McCoy its all one motion, quick jump cut and explode.

Do I think you need to have that McCoy jump cut to be successful, definately not. But I just dont see McCoy as a suitable comparison to Wilson because of that.[/quote]

i think the stopping feet on cutback is hesitation and indecesiveness

ive seen him change directions at full speed in some of his highlights. he aint mccoy but i wouldnt call him linear either

thats just my opinion

[quote user="nevada11"]

i think the stopping feet on cutback is hesitation and indecesiveness[/quote]
    Thats certainly some of it, he does quite a bit of dancing behind the line.

ive seen him change directions at full speed in some of his highlights. he aint mccoy but i wouldnt call him linear either

thats just my opinion
    I dont think hes as linear as a guy like a Donald Brown, and the explosion he has can compensate for some of it because it gives him the advantage in angles, but I dont see him as laterally explosive. But I dont think Jamaal Charles was particularly laterally explosive coming out either.

If he can work on that though, it will just completely highlight his strength, set up defenders in position where all they can do is try arm tackles, then just run through them.