+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think the Wilson pick shows Reese trusts Bennett

I don't know if he picks a TE later on or if he packages a trade tomorrow to move up and grab Fleener/Upshaw or an OT but I think that this pick above all else shows that Reese trusts Bennett to be big as well as our linebackers to continue to improve

What say you all? Does this say more to his trust in these areas or lack of trust in AB's feet and Ware/Scott/Brown?

Re: I think the Wilson pick shows Reese trusts Bennett

ull retract this when they take allen round2

[quote user="Neverend"]ull retract this when they take allen round2[/quote]

I won't retract it because he still went for a RB in round one than TE, but it will even the field a bit more

i don't think this pick is a comment on Bennett as much as it is on Fleener/Upshaw.

Alot of fans saw a need at TE and thought Fleener would be the best player on the board.

Looks like Reese disagrees.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]i don't think this pick is a comment on Bennett as much as it is on Fleener/Upshaw.

Alot of fans saw a need at TE and thought Fleener would be the best player on the board.

Looks like Reese disagrees.[/quote]

Good point, people could have been overvaluing him because of our need. We'll see in the next couple of rounds though should be good!

I hope our other rounds will be much better but this wasn't good, pretty much a waste pick I doubt if he play better than scott, or ward.

Trading for 1st rounder next year would have been more satisfying.

I think paying him over $2 million showed his faith before this draft did.

He better be all people claim he is. As of now, Bennett is nothing more than Whitten's back up who has some experience blocking. I haven't seen much other than that.

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]I think paying him over $2 million showed his faith before this draft did.

He better be all people claim he is. As of now, Bennett is nothing more than Whitten's back up who has some experience blocking. I haven't seen much other than that.[/quote]

If he's as good a blocker as advertised, he'll be the best TE we've had since shockey.

we can move the ball in the air, Ballard proved that given our offense you don't need to have lightening wheels to get the ball, but our TEs block first and receive second, and for the first time in years we have a TE that doesn't have to develop as a blocker.

he can catch 10 fewer passes than Jake but if he blocks like people say he can, it'll be a huge improvement.

Veteran

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]I hope our other rounds will be much better but this wasn't good, pretty much a waste pick I doubt if he play better than scott, or ward.[/quote]

You mean Ware not Ward. Your view on this is absurd. When has Scott or Ware ever logged over 1700 yards at a school like VA Tech in one season? The answer is never. This guy is a freak of nature athlete. Triple Jump champion, does flips like JPP and his numbers last year speak for themselves. He has dimensions to his game that no one on the squadhas. On top of everything else he is a proven commodity as a kick returner as well as a receiver out of the backfield (haven't had it consistently since Tiki left). If they were not interested in going O-line or TE in round 1 thenthisto me isa no-brainer solid pick.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35