+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why no faith in Scott or Ware?

I thought the FO was very high on Scott and Ware has proven to be an effective 3rd down back, and pass catcher and blocker.

I thought we'd go guard or tackle. Some good ones were left on the board

All-Pro

Re: Why no faith in Scott or Ware?

Who do they have at RB? They lost Jacobs, Bradshaw has bad feet, Brown will miss some time due to suspension and may be cut, I don't see Ware a s a full time RB, and Scott has tools but is unproven.

Nobody thought those guys were any good. Do you remember them doing anything good? They go down from the 1st defender touching them and they don't have much speed.

Do they have 4.3 speed like David Wilson? No. Wilson looks like beast with speed and power.

[quote user="buddy33"]Who do they have at RB? They lost Jacobs, Bradshaw has bad feet, Brown will miss some time due to suspension and may be cut, I don't see Ware a s a full time RB, and Scott has tools but is unproven.[/quote]

But to spend a 1st round pick on a consensus back up RB doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The RB failure last year was blamed primarily on the O-line, and there was a chance to draft improvement at this pick and they didn't do it.

I'm not saying Wilson isn't good, I just don't understand the pick for the Giants.

year after year this FO takes who they think is the best available, and we continue to ask why they do it (including me sometimes).

i do finally get it.

they want the best football players on the team. period.

i have no doubt that they think they got the best football player left on the board.

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]
    But to spend a 1st round pick on a consensus back up RB doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The RB failure last year was blamed primarily on the O-line, and there was a chance to draft improvement at this pick and they didn't do it.

I'm not saying Wilson isn't good, I just don't understand the pick for the Giants.[/quote]

When you call a guy "a consensus backup" who isnt 1, people stop reading and move on. Like me.

i think they might be thinking of Bradshaws replacement of the future, not necessarily Scott.

I love AB, but his feet are really bad

GET WELL SOON

All-Pro

[quote user="bflo23"]Nobody thought those guys were any good. Do you remember them doing anything good? They go down from the 1st defender touching them and they don't have much speed.

Do they have 4.3 speed like David Wilson? No. Wilson looks like beast with speed and power.
    [/quote]

Scott does have that type of speed.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="VBGiantsFan"]

I'm not saying Wilson isn't good, I just don't understand the pick for the Giants.[/quote]

When you call a guy "a consensus backup" who isnt 1, people stop reading and move on. Like me.

[/quote]

You're right, he was drafted to take over the starter spot from bradshaw this year. My mistake. Feel free to not respond to me in the future.

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="bflo23"]Nobody thought those guys were any good. Do you remember them doing anything good? They go down from the 1st defender touching them and they don't have much speed.

[/quote]

Scott does have that type of speed.[/quote]

Scott: 4.34 combine. Wilson: 4.49. Scott's faster.