+ Reply to Thread

i admit at first i hated the pick.

But then I began scouring the interwebz for videos of David Wilson and after watching about two hours or so of highlights lowlights interviews and pregame speechs I've come to a few conclusions.
    Positives.
    Elite balance.
    Elite breakaway speed.
    Very good vision.
    Extremely hard to bring down.
    Hits the hole hard.
    Has one cut ability
    Can return kicks.
    Always fights for an extra inch.
    Never gives up on plays.
    Very professional.
    Very productive.
    And most importantly is a LEADER.

Negatives.
    Fumblitis
    Runs a bit to upright at times
    Doesn't use his blockers enough
    Doesn't always have patience for the play to develop.
    Tries to do to much at times can get a little east west happy.
    Can he pass block didn't see him do it much in all the vids I watched

David was vt's team leader gave pre game speeches and fired up his teamates for the game. With Jacobs having that role in years past and him not being here anymore offensive leadership was desperately needed. David was also almost the whole offense for vt. The box was constantly stacked against vt and yet David still ran for 1700 yrds. That speaks volumes to me about what kind of back we just acquired. Yes he has the dreaded fumbling issue. But isn't that something that TC has corrected on tiki and Bradshaw, its not a stretch to believe he could do the same for David. At first I hated the pick I screamed at the TV and cursed Reese for passing on Glenn or one of the wr's but the more I watched of this kid the more I liked what I saw. Honestly it wouldn't shock me if Jr came out and said that Wilson was one of the 18 or so players he had a first round grade on.

Re: i admit at first i hated the pick.

So you hated the fact that we arguably took one of the BPA/ biggest need?
    If it makes you feel any better, Wilsons "negatives" are identical to what Lesean mccoys were coming into the draft, not to mention they have very similar size/speed/running style....

I'm not sure why there's the hate over this pick....
    I'm %99 sure the Martin & Fleener man crushes have something to do with it...

Veteran

[quote user="myles2424"]So you hated the fact that we arguably took one of the BPA/ biggest need?
    If it makes you feel any better, Wilsons "negatives" are identical to what Lesean mccoys were coming into the draft, not to mention they have very similar size/speed/running style....

I'm %99 sure the Martin & Fleener man crushes have something to do with it...[/quote]

it seems like you have a wilson man crush.

people who pay attention to college ball and the prospects in the draft are going to have their own perceptions of who fits this team better. none of the mock drafts on these boards over the past two months had wilson in the first NONE. so get off your high horse acting like you co signed this months ago
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="myles2424"]So you hated the fact that we arguably took one of the BPA/ biggest need?

I'm %99 sure the Martin & Fleener man crushes have something to do with it...[/quote]

it seems like you have a wilson man crush.

people who pay attention to college ball and the prospects in the draft are going to have their own perceptions of who fits this team better. none of the mock drafts on these boards over the past two months had wilson in the first NONE. so get off your high horse acting like you co signed this months ago
    [/quote]

Ive been on record and saying I think Wilson is the 2nd best back in the draft. Moorhead flat out called the pick a couple days ago. I do not generally do mocks, and I dont know if he did. But either way, you dont have to mock him to us to think he is a good pick.

The truth is, he is not a big surprise here. Mayock seemed to suggest it himself when he said "the Giants always go BPA, maybe a guy like Wilson."

If u read what I wrote I like the pick now and I also believe he compares to shady mccoy

[quote user="myles2424"]So you hated the fact that we arguably took one of the BPA/ biggest need?

Wilson was a great pick. Martin is a more complete back (one reason I liked him better) but Wilson is definitely more of an elite runner and played at a higher level of competition at VT.

I'm excited with the pick, both from a position standpoint and a player standpoint.

Big thumbs up for the Giants.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime