+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner of the 1st round?

Re: Winner of the 1st round?

[quote user="G-Men Surg."]I like what the Pats did. They adress their pass rushing problems with Chandler Jones and also a need at ILB with Hightower.[/quote]

Pats had a need at ILB? They have two pretty good ILBs already with Spikes and Mayo.

I wonder if they use Hightower as the SAM, in both 3-4 and 4-3 alignments. He can play some DE as well.

Cardinals getting Floyd was pretty good too.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Colts. They got an amazing QB prospect.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Cardinals getting Floyd was pretty good too.[/quote]</P>

I agree I love that pick I bet hes the best WR in this draft class hands down. Feel bad for Blackmon because he doesnt know whos going to be throwing him the ball down in Jacksonville.</P>

I think the Vikings did something smart. In the last couple days we all heard rumors about teams wanting to trade up for TR.

It was widely known the Browns loved TR and expected him to be there at 4. Reportedly. they didnt pay attention to anyone else at the Bama pro day.

I think the Vikings, knowing the situation created a stir about various teams trading up to get TR. They let it be known a week ago they wanted to trade back and there have been rumors in the last couple days of a couple different teams trading up.

They almost forced the Browns to trade up 1 spot for him. I do not buy that the Jets or the Bengals, 2 of the teams rumored to want TR, were going to trade up for him.

Love the value the Pats got. They have a bit of a logjam at LB but their 4-3 just got really nasty. They remind me of the Vikings defense a few years ago. Very physical.

Like the Ravens move trading out of the first round when no one they liked was on the board. Wish Reese followed that example instead of reaching.

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"

The Cowboys. They've addressed their biggest concern (secondary) this offseason by adding Carr and now Claiborne.

They're going to be scary "for real" this year...I fear.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]I like what the Pats did. They adress their pass rushing problems with Chandler Jones and also a need at ILB with Hightower.[/quote]

Pats had a need at ILB? They have two pretty good ILBs already with Spikes and Mayo.

I wonder if they use Hightower as the SAM, in both 3-4 and 4-3 alignments. He can play some DE as well.[/quote]

I think he eventually will be the starting ILB , I do see more upside on Dont'a than Spikes had when he was drafted. And he very well could play the SAM in a 4-3 but not necessarily agree he could excel as a 3-4 SAM, at least not as a pass rusher, that's the big BUT some analysts mention about him not having enough speed on the outside ( Mayocks one of them ) .
    That been said it intrigues that Upshaw could have fit better as a SAM in a 3-4 PTs system than Hightower but they saw more upside on DH ability to play inside. Then again they got Jones for that role.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."]
    That been said it intrigues that Upshaw could have fit better as a SAM in a 3-4 PTs system than Hightower but they saw more upside on DH ability to play inside.[/quote]

NE bounces around bewteen 3-4 and 4-3 too much for Upshaw, Upshaw I think is truly a 3-4 OLB only.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="G-Men Surg."]
    That been said it intrigues that Upshaw could have fit better as a SAM in a 3-4 PTs system than Hightower but they saw more upside on DH ability to play inside.[/quote]

NE bounces around bewteen 3-4 and 4-3 too much for Upshaw, Upshaw I think is truly a 3-4 OLB only.[/quote]
    Agree Dont'a its going to be a jack of all trades fornthe Pats but I do really see him in years to come a corner stone in the inside for NE. The one red flag I'm worried about DH is his injury history, an torn ACL for a guy with that weight at ILB is not something you take lightly as a GM.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

+ Reply to Thread