+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winner of the 1st round?

Re: Winner of the 1st round?

Winner: Patriots. I would've love to have Chandler Jones but he's a Patriot. I feel he'll be a Willie McGuinest type player for them. Hightower was also a solid pick.

Losers: Browns. IMO i don't see anything special about Trent Richardson. He'll probably be a good back but to get him at 3? And drafting a 29 year old QB in the first round? Weeden probably could've been had in round 2, maybe 3.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I gotta go with Pittsburgh. They filled the biggest need and got a steal with DeCastro at 24. Pouncey and DeCastro next to each other? Jesus christ...[/quote]

Is the JC thing really necessary ?

[quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Cardinals getting Floyd was pretty good too.[/quote]

I agree I love that pick I bet hes the best WR in this draft class hands down. Feel bad for Blackmon because he doesnt know whos going to be throwing him the ball down in Jacksonville.

[/quote]

Probably Henne.

Get well soon 80.

you cats are cray!!! How about THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!! We get a highly productive RB that has game changing speed, good power and is an athletic freak. Martin is a good player and was clearly on the Giants radar... however, has he hit his ceiling yet? Wilson on the otherhand has yet to tap into his full potential. He is a JPP type "freakish" athlete that has unlimited potential. The more I think about the pick, the more im excited. Giants offense is a perfect fit for Wilson and his skill set will be used...a lot!..

Nice job Reese!
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Just like the title says, who do you think won the first round based on value or need or perhaps acquiring picks?

And yes, I know we don't know for sure until they play but I mean going off of what they have done in college and in the combine thus far.[/quote]

I think Morehead won the first round.

He was the only person on these boards who was high on David Wilson and thought he'd be realistically picked.

And it was a great pick to boot.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]you cats are cray!!! How about THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!! We get a highly productive RB that has game changing speed, good power and is an athletic freak. Martin is a good player and was clearly on the Giants radar... however, has he hit his ceiling yet? Wilson on the otherhand has yet to tap into his full potential. He is a JPP type "freakish" athlete that has unlimited potential. The more I think about the pick, the more im excited. Giants offense is a perfect fit for Wilson and his skill set will be used...a lot!..

Nice job Reese![/quote]

I'm a huge Wilson fan and have been saying it for months but...When the Cowboys just waltz up for a top 5 talent in Claiborne for nothing but a 2nd round pick (which is beyond me how they didn't have to give up more)...I'd say the Cowboys are clearly the day one winners.

Very disappointed with the Rams right now.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]I like what the Bucs did I honestly think they got a steal in Barron and picked up a great RB. They upgraded there offense line and filled two needed positions in a safety and running back.[/quote]

Both the Pats and Bucks had a great day 1.

The Pats....holy cow those are some good prospects.

[/quote]

I think that the Bucs got worked . . . .they moved back thinking they could still get Claiborne and Dallas snuck in front of them. They redeemed themselves a little withjumping back into the first to get Martin.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]I like what the Bucs did I honestly think they got a steal in Barron and picked up a great RB. They upgraded there offense line and filled two needed positions in a safety and running back.[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that the Bucs got worked . . . .they moved back thinking they could still get Claiborne and Dallas snuck in front of them.* They redeemed themselves a little with*jumping back into the first to get Martin.* *

[/quote]

I don't like Barron on the Bucs ... I think they had higher needs then a Safety (and I like Barron a lot). Doug Martin was a good consolation prize for them however .... he could potentially start day 1.

Pats had a good first round but I'm surprised they went with Hightower ... inside LBer wasn't a need for them (as opposed to Safety which they desperately need).

And WTF were the 49ers thinking? A 3rd round prospect WR in the first round AFTER they added Moss and Manningham to their team?! Talk about a brain fart.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

I think that the Bucs got worked . . . .they moved back thinking they could still get Claiborne and Dallas snuck in front of them.* They redeemed themselves a little with*jumping back into the first to get Martin.* *

[/quote]

I don't like Barron on the Bucs ... I think they had higher needs then a Safety (and I like Barron a lot). Doug Martin was a good consolation prize for them however .... he could potentially start day 1.

Pats had a good first round but I'm surprised they went with Hightower ... inside LBer wasn't a need for them (as opposed to Safety which they desperately need).

And WTF were the 49ers thinking? A 3rd round prospect WR in the first round AFTER they added Moss and Manningham to their team?! Talk about a brain fart.[/quote]

I agree on the 9ers pick. They could have EASILY got Jenkins at least with their 2nd. I was scratching my head on that one.

+ Reply to Thread