+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main Reason we hate the pick

Main Reason we hate the pick

He's a Running Back. I mean I kinda warmed up to him after watching some tape but I just can't get over the fact that its a running back. I mean I would be ok with any other position (well except P, K, TE, and QB) but not RB. it's been proven that you could get a starting Back in Later rounds. Also I feel he will be barley used in his rookie year so I just don't like the pick for those pure reasons. maybe if they beef up the O-line I might feel better but man I'm a bit disappointed.

Re: Main Reason we hate the pick

what player there did you think was better?

I thought there were a bunch of guys about the same.

Giants did try to trade out of that spot, but no team was that willing to come in

Would have much rathered Glenn, Hill, Branch, Worthy, maybe even Jenkins. I don't think he's a bad player by any stretch of the imagination it's just the position is one where you can get value later.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]what player there did you think was better?

I thought there were a bunch of guys about the same.

Giants did try to trade out of that spot, but no team was that willing to come in[/quote]

Basically how I felt. I liked Glenn, but otherwise, I figured everyone around there was the same.

If we weren't gonna move up, I like this pick.

Moving back a few would have been nice, but I'm still ok with this

[quote user="slipknottin"]what player there did you think was better? I thought there were a bunch of guys about the same. Giants did try to trade out of that spot, but no team was that willing to come in[/quote]</P>

Konz, Glenn, Hill. Wilson could of been had 15 spots later. I agree we tried to trade out but why reach on a need if thereis higher value available. Guess I'm still shell shocked we didn't get Martin. Oh well!</P>

We had 2 big issues last year.

1) the pass defense. We ranked 31st in pass defense. I think its fair to say much of this was due to the insane amount of injuries we suffered, mostly in the secondary. Its also fair to say no team faced a better bunch of Qbs than we did.

2)The run game. We ranked last in the NFL in rushing. We cant really attribute this to injuries as much. It is instead poor blocking and poor running.

Clearly, we are making fixing this problem a offseason priority just like fixing our special teams was a priority last year.

I think you could make strong arguments against all the guys you listed.

Glenn I dont think is at all what the giants look for, an oversized guy who cant bend.

Hill is a big fast player who lacks ball skills, and has virtually no route running talent.

Branch I always thought was more of a mid-late 2nd rounder. Not really as explosive as you would like.

Worthy I think you could make a case for, but I didnt think he was a better player than Wilson.

Jenkins with his character issues and size giants would never touch.

Veteran

i honestly find it hard to believe that Wilson was rated higher than Martin / Glenn / Still / Fleener . I think someone else said it best we got out played by TB and picked Wilson.

reese said he was the second RB on the boards and that is probably true but i think reese's boards were

1. D.Martin
    2. D.Wilson

why would you have richardson on the boards when the consensus was him being the 3rd pick overall this was stated since the first day of the combine
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Still, Fleener, Hill, Randle, Curry would have more impact next year.

It is the only position that we had a definite need at. Our last place rushing attack coupled with it's durability issues made this a no brainer of a move. Everyone smashing this guy about his size needs to get off it. He's got the raw ability, I mean anyone else see the incredible balance and speed?

Yeah, you can get lucky and find a diamond in the rough later, but I don't think at this very moment the Giants have the luxury of taking that chance. We needed a solid back that could potentially carry the entire workload. That is what we are getting here.

What were the alternatives? Could have gone BAP and grabbed guys where we don't necessarily have huge holes.

I love this pick. So glad we didn't waste it on Fleener..

+ Reply to Thread