+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Main Reason we hate the pick

Re: Main Reason we hate the pick

[quote user="rainierjef"]why would you have richardson on the boards when the consensus was him being the 3rd pick overall this was stated since the first day of the combine
    [/quote]

Only guys teams take off draft boards are players who dont fit either scheme, medical, or character. They dont drop players from the draft board just because they are assumed to be high draft picks and out of reach.

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]Still, Fleener, Hill, Randle, Curry would have more impact next year.[/quote]

How do you figure?

Curry would still be behind our stable of good DE's. Fleener isnt a good enough blocker to help right away and we didnt bring in Bennett to ride the bench. Randle's body of work is limmited and hard to evaluate because of the offense he played in college. Same goes for Hill, who is an amazing athlete, but very limited evaluatable film. Still has consistentcy issues that bothered a lot of scouts.

DW had none of that. There was no consistency issue. No lack of evaluation film. How is a runningback not going ot help us next year? And since when do you only draft for the next year?

[quote user="slipknottin"]I think you could make strong arguments against all the guys you listed.

Glenn I dont think is at all what the giants look for, an oversized guy who cant bend.

Hill is a big fast player who lacks ball skills, and has virtually no route running talent.

Branch I always thought was more of a mid-late 2nd rounder. Not really as explosive as you would like.

Worthy I think you could make a case for, but I didnt think he was a better player than Wilson.

Jenkins with his character issues and size giants would never touch.[/quote] I agree, IMO other than Worthy & Fleener, I didn't see a huge gap between Wilson and the other guys BPA wise...
    Although trading back a few spots,extra pick & still getting Wilson would've been ideal..

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="rainierjef"]why would you have richardson on the boards when the consensus was him being the 3rd pick overall this was stated since the first day of the combine
    [/quote]

Only guys teams take off draft boards are players who dont fit either scheme, medical, or character. They dont drop players from the draft board just because they are assumed to be high draft picks and out of reach.[/quote]

im not doubting you but were both shooting in the dark as we dont know what goes on in a draft room and who's on what board/ this can be reese justifying the pick or it could be that he actually was 2nd rated behind richardson. we will never know as TB took martin ahead of us.

but your still not going to tell me he was the BPA. that's bull**** out of reese's mouth to me, i dont hate the pick but i dont love it i need to see dividends i'm a hopeful skeptic to this one.

i'll have the crow waiting if need be

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]Still, Fleener, Hill, Randle, Curry would have more impact next year.[/quote]

How do you figure?

Curry would still be behind our stable of good DE's. Fleener isnt a good enough blocker to help right away and we didnt bring in Bennett to ride the bench. Randle's body of work is limmited and hard to evaluate because of the offense he played in college. Same goes for Hill, who is an amazing athlete, but very limited evaluatable film. Still has consistentcy issues that bothered a lot of scouts.

DW had none of that. There was no consistency issue. No lack of evaluation film. How is a runningback not going ot help us next year? And since when do you only draft for the next year?

[/quote]

we didn't bring in bennett to be the savior either, with that awe inspiring one year contract.... woohoo

please stop trying to justify this, Fleener / still / martin and glenn are all better values than wilson at 32. and i would of hated the giants going either OT/OG/DT at 32

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"]but your still not going to tell me he was the BPA. [/quote]

The way I see it, he had a bunch of guys with the same grade there, tried to trade back, couldnt find anyone, so he took the player at the highest position of need. Technically still BPA if all the players in that group have the same grade on them.

+ Reply to Thread