+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Analysts Say....

I'm a little surprised, but almost all of the analysts LOVE the pick we made. They said it was a brilliant move by Jerry Reese.

Mike Mayock said it was an "absolutely great pick by the Giants".

The Czar at FoxSports says "Jerry Reese doesn’t miss a trick. Sensing a run on running backs, Reese tabbed Virgina Tech’s David Wilson with the last pick in the first round."

ESPN analysts seem to like the pick too. The reception seems to be overwhelmingly positive.

Re: The Analysts Say....

Its funny when the giants came on the clock, Mayock says

"Well the giants always try to go BPA, so we have guys like David Wilson..."

First guy out of his mouth as the BPA was the guy the giants took.

He's a very good player I think people around here just got so convinced we were going with fleener or even Glenn. The guys are still up on the board and I think well be happy with him in the end I see plenty of upside

Banned

Well they either gotta roll with Reese's decisions and like his picks or continue looking like clueless dimwits. I think they threw in the towel.

He has the making to do great thing in this offensive scheme and to be in the mixture for years to come, it's incredible he is only 20 years old and it looks like he has room to grow. I think fans always have their favorites players to choose in the draft but make no mistake, I will say it again, IMPACT PLAYER, this kid is the real deal and will be productive running the ball and in ST.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Call me nuts here but I think Reese is now entering what I call "Belichick world". What I mean by that is you will see experts and analysts praise every little thing he does in the draft. He's always been a good GM and Giants fans have known this for a few years but now that he is known to the public, he's going to get more praise on moves than he should.

Is the David Wilson pick bad? Not at all.

Is it "excellent"? I think that's a bit much personally and there were much better moves by GM's this year in round 1 so far.

Banned

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Call me nuts here but I think Reese is now entering what I call "Belichick world". What I mean by that is you will see experts and analysts praise every little thing he does in the draft. He's always been a good GM and Giants fans have known this for a few years but now that he is known to the public, he's going to get more praise on moves than he should.

Is it "excellent"? I think that's a bit much personally and there were much better moves by GM's this year in round 1 so far.[/quote]I agree and like you said, I believe that they're gonna start praising his misses as well. I thought we would go Oline but I'm not upset about this pick at all. Bradshaw needs somebody spell him, Ware isn't exactly what you would call explosive and apparently Scott has some fumbling issues.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Call me nuts here but I think Reese is now entering what I call "Belichick world". What I mean by that is you will see experts and analysts praise every little thing he does in the draft. He's always been a good GM and Giants fans have known this for a few years but now that he is known to the public, he's going to get more praise on moves than he should.

Is it "excellent"? I think that's a bit much personally and there were much better moves by GM's this year in round 1 so far.[/quote]

But, you have to ask was there an "excellent" pick to be made at 32 or just a bunch of "good" ones?

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]...and apparently Scott has some fumbling issues.[/quote]
    Unfortunately, so does Wilson.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Its funny when the giants came on the clock, Mayock says

"Well the giants always try to go BPA, so we have guys like David Wilson..."

First guy out of his mouth as the BPA was the guy the giants took.[/quote]

Mike Mayock knows his stuff.