+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What does this mean for Scott?

So what does this pick mean for Da'Rel Scott now? What role does he play on this team? The guy had some flashes last year and I'd hate to give up on him so soon.

Re: What does this mean for Scott?

Id love for him to get the pass protection stuff down so he is at least a 3rd down option.

Could see him return kickoffs too.

Really think this may mean for the end of DJ Ware than for Scott.

It means he has a shot to be in the rotation this year.With this move I can see Brown being released, and Ware outside of some very important 2 point conversions hasn't done jack squat in any of his opportunities. After BJ, the ballgame is wide open at RB.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Id love for him to get the pass protection stuff down so he is at least a 3rd down option.

Could see him return kickoffs too.

Really think this may mean for the end of DJ Ware than for Scott.[/quote]
    I was thinking more Brown than Ware. But, really, six one way; half a dozen the other.

Scott could develop further. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but there is still room to grow is the important point. Danny Ware has had several years and not much to show for it. He couldn't beat BJ for the 2nd man job even after he stopped being the Juggernaut and started being the tiptoe guy...

well with bradshaw having so many foot surgeries, it's good to have scott on the team

but i'm real excited about this wilson kid, great potential

Points to remember, Ware has done zero with the opportunities given........Scott is unseen......Bradshaw, guaranteed to be hurt at some point in the season & if he continues with the injuries could eventually become a cap casualty....
    & let's not foget we rotate our RBs frequently

Trademarking "Heart, Wind and Fire" now.

[quote user="blueNorange"]well with bradshaw having so many foot surgeries, it's good to have scott on the team

but i'm real excited about this wilson kid, great potential[/quote]

Exactly! It's going to the Scott and WIlson show very soon. Bradshaw's feet have to killing him. You don't know what happened behind the scenes to get him on the field every week. The Giants organization does and that's why this pick is so important.

it means he has to earn his roster spot. Which was the case prior to the draft.

I like Scott. Last year possibly out of wishful thinking I called him Da Real Scott, or Da Reel Scott.

But in reality we really need to break this habbit of romantisizing players. He broke a big run in a preseason game..thats it.

When he got a shot in the regular season he dropped the ball. He's shown nothing to substanciate a spot as the forgone conclusion at number 2 back.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.