+ Reply to Thread

The Great Thing About A Rookie RB

They do not need years to develop. They can burst onto the year in their first game.

Bench Player

Re: The Great Thing About A Rookie RB

He can def play on first and second down right away.

I like the fact that he is a Junior and doesnt have a billion carries on those legs.

Banned

Coughlin isn't a guy who likes to play rookies on day one unless he absolutely has to. I'm expecting more of the same with Wilson unless he has an eye popping, head scratching preseason.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]Coughlin isn't a guy who likes to play rookies on day one unless he absolutely has to. I'm expecting more of the same with Wilson unless he has an eye popping, head scratching preseason.[/quote]

+1

there's gonna be alot of very angry fans halfway through the season when Wilson isn't getting the carries everyone expects him to.

we've literally seen it with EVERY BACK DRAFTED UNDER THIS COACHING STAFF.

dial-back your expectations boys. this is a balanced offense were we don't mind throwing on 1st down, and if wilson can't consistently show he's got his protections down pat, he won't be on the field for anything other than obvious running plays.

Banned

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]Coughlin isn't a guy who likes to play rookies on day one unless he absolutely has to. I'm expecting more of the same with Wilson unless he has an eye popping, head scratching preseason.[/quote]

+1

there's gonna be alot of very angry fans halfway through the season when Wilson isn't getting the carries everyone expects him to.

we've literally seen it with EVERY BACK DRAFTED UNDER THIS COACHING STAFF.

dial-back your expectations boys.* this is a balanced offense were we don't mind throwing on 1st down, and if wilson can't consistently show he's got his protections down pat, he won't be on the field for anything other than obvious running plays.

[/quote]Exactly. I feel bad for Bradshaw though...he just became public enemy no. 1 for no reason. Fans are gonna be screaming Mr. Wilson like Dennis the Menace on these boards.

Except that a 1st round guy is supposed to be a guy who can come in and make an immediate impact.

[quote user="ebick"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Coughlin isn't a guy who likes to play rookies on day one unless he absolutely has to. I'm expecting more of the same with Wilson unless he has an eye popping, head scratching preseason.[/quote]

Except that a 1st round guy is supposed to be a guy who can come in and make an immediate impact.[/quote]No knock on Bradshaw but you have to question those two feet of his. I can definitely see Wilson coming in to spell AB in the first game of the season. Otherwise AB may not last through 8 games for us.

He is going to have to be able to block the position before he will get significant playing time . . . .