+ Reply to Thread

Winning the superbowl this year thought me a valuabe lesson

Never underestimate anything. Especially this organization.

1. Eli went from throwing the most interceptions and getting clowned for saying he was in brady's class to beating brady in the Superbowl the same year. He not only beat brady, he outplayed him too.

2.We went from being one of the worst defenses to being one of the best.

3.Cruz went from being undrafted to being the hottest WR in the NFL breaking giant records.

4.Bradshaw went from being a fumbling machine to a very trust worthy back with the ball in his hands.

5. many may not agree with this but, Aaron Ross played his butt off after his first couple games and turned into a very reliable player for us last year. When you hear the name arron ross you would probably immediately think of his failures during his past seasons, injuries, and him getting benched during the rams game. But ask yourself this. After the rams game which was game 2 of last season, how many times did you hear ross's name called?

My point is, When i look at this list, these are all things that i would never expect to have happened. I havent posted much since late last season and a huge part of that is because i decided to just let things play out before i judge. Its good to give your opinions on who you would want the giants to take and who you feel would help us more, but dont bash players who havent even stepped on the field yet for us. Wait at least until week 8 or 9 []

Round 2-4 are the real sweet spots. Especially the 3rd round.

Enjoy the draft

Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Veteran

Re: Winning the superbowl this year thought me a valuabe lesson

[quote user="Marvelousmik"] Wait at least until week 8 or 9 []

Round 2-4 are the real sweet spots. Especially the 3rd round.*

Enjoy the draft

[/quote]

You think they could wait until at least the 1st pre season game to bash someone. Look you get a bunch of overweight slobs who plopped down $5 for a scouting magazine and they think they know more than Jerry Reese. Having played high school football and knowing what a "wide 9" is doesn't make you an expert.

1. he didn't just beat God's Favorite. he was the team's workhorse all year.
    2. Yes
    3. Yes. actually the first legit playmaker the team has had in years
    4. aside from the super bowl :P
    5. yes, he was money down the stretch, although he was lucky Tony overthrew Austin. its funny how he went from the sissiest tackler on the team, to the best tackler in the secondary overnight, and stopped with the blown coverages. from "i don't want to play football" anymore, to clutch cover corner, what an interesting career he had here

Banned

Great post Mike. I'll never make a fool of myself jumping the gun on these boards ever again because people forgive but they never forget.

great post.

surprised more fans haven't learned the lessons you, and i, have.

this organization knows what its doing. i guess some fans never want to admit they're football morons compared to the guys who's mortgage payment is dependent on their footbal knowledge.

I think the Gmen shocked a lot of people this years.... fans included.... no doubt.

I agree 100% on Ross. I have stated that many times on these boards and got murdered for it. I like Ross, always have. When he gets going, he is solid. He will definitely be missed here in blue. I guarantee it. Let's hope TT steps into the slot role and works out for us

[quote user="NYG 5"]he was lucky Tony overthrew Austin.
    [/quote]

There's that word again.......Romo made a terrible throw.....nothing lucky about it......