+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

All-Pro

Running Backs are a dime a dozen

I am not thrilled with this pick at all. I wasn't thrilled with JPP though either, so, really it doesnt mean much.

BUT

Running backs are a dime a dozen. The only one I would of taken is Richardson. After that, it is too deep to get one in the first.

Im not saying Wilson will be bad or a bust by anymeans, but I feel we reached. I feel we were hoping Doug Martin was thereand the Bucs straight up smacked us in the nose by trading right in front of us and snagging him.

And I want to go on record and say that Courtney Upshaw is going to be a probowler for years to come. Watching this guy play, he could do it all. Rush the passer, play LB, ect. Reminds me of when DeMeco Ryans slipped. Upshaw will be better then Ryans, who won the DROY and has been to multiple probowls.

I would of rather taken someone to replace MM like Stephan Hill. It's a passing league now. We dont run the ball as much as we used to. And it netted us a 2nd SB in 4 years. Nicks and Cruz willnot both be resigned.

Our Oline was one of the worst for run blocking in the NFL. That isnt going to change much. Id almost rather we rebuild the Oline. Cordy Glenn, Konz, Adams...The trenches.

Anyway, I dont agree with the pick, but Reese is the man so I guess we will see what his game plan is. I guess I am just a little sour because the Bucs made us look bad too.

Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...

As far as the Bucs go I like Wilson better than Martin myself.

All-Pro

[quote user="Firenugget"]I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...

[/quote]

No, RBs are a dime a dozen. Bradshaw is a perfect example. 7th round. Jacobs was a 4th round. Only time will tell though.

For now, I trust Reese and will root hard for David Wilson. I just see this as a need pick, not a BPA.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Firenugget"]I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...

[/quote]

No, RBs are a dime a dozen. Bradshaw is a perfect example. 7th round. Jacobs was a 4th round. Only time will tell though.

For now, I trust Reese and will root hard for David Wilson. I just see this as a need pick, not a BPA.[/quote]

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, I guess QB's are a dime a dozen too. And Im beginning to think most of you dont actually know what dime a dozen means, either that or you actually think that running backs are so common that they have 0 value.

I get a kick out of the reaching comments too, its not reaching if you think the guy is going to be good. If you like him, you take him.

I guess youd just rather watch shotgun draws to Ware all season long.

someone do a quick look of starting HBs around the league and what round they were drafted in. I would guess most were rounds 1-3.

[quote user="slipknottin"]someone do a quick look of starting HBs around the league and what round they were drafted in. I would guess most were rounds 1-3.[/quote]

You could say the same thing about EVERY position in the NFL, but I'm willing to bet there's a higher percentage of starting RBs' outside of top two rounds than there is for most other positions.

I'm not against the pick, I like it actually as it fills a need and likely gives us a future starter with the last pick in the 1st round. But if RB was as valuable a position as others than you wouldn't have OT's and CBs' consistently getting more money each year.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

All-Pro

[quote user="mikeq672"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Firenugget"]I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...

[/quote] No, RBs are a dime a dozen. Bradshaw is a perfect example. 7th round. Jacobs was a 4th round. Only time will tell though. For now, I trust Reese and will root hard for David Wilson. I just see this as a need pick, not a BPA.[/quote]

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, I guess QB's are a dime a dozen too. And Im beginning to think most of you dont actually know what dime a dozen means, either that or you actually think that running backs are so common that they have 0 value.

I get a kick out of the reaching comments too, its not reaching if you think the guy is going to be good. If you like him, you take him.

[/quote]

No. Id rather we waited on getting a RB in the draft. I dontthink Ware is any good.What if Scott turns it on this year?QBs are not a dime a dozen and that remark is irrelevant. How often does a Tom Brady come along in the 6th round compared to RBs falling late. In this specific class, I think there is asome good value deep for RBs. Yes, it is my worthless opinion, but I can say it.

Also, Wilson does has fumbling issues from what I heard.

Whatever though, Go Giants! Go David Wilson! Welcome to the Champs.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="mikeq672"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Firenugget"]I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...

[/quote] No, RBs are a dime a dozen. Bradshaw is a perfect example. 7th round. Jacobs was a 4th round. Only time will tell though. For now, I trust Reese and will root hard for David Wilson. I just see this as a need pick, not a BPA.[/quote]

[/quote]

No. Id rather we waited on getting a RB in the draft. I dont*think Ware is any good.*What if Scott turns it on this year?*QBs are not a dime a dozen and that remark is irrelevant. How often does a Tom Brady come along in the 6th round compared to RBs falling late. In this specific class, I think there is asome good value deep for RBs. Yes, it is my worthless opinion, but I can say it.

Also, Wilson does has fumbling issues from what I heard.

Whatever though, Go Giants! Go David Wilson! Welcome to the Champs.

[/quote] what Dminate RBs playing now were taken after the 3rd round??? Besides Arian foster ofcourse.....
    & for what's it's worth, Wilson has pretty much the same size/speed/running style & "negatives" coming into the league as Lesean McCoy

As a Running Back, one who has played this position and continues to do so, no they are not

maybe an average back, but an elite game changing back, no not a "Dime a dozen"

Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    As a Running Back, one who has played this position and continues to do so, no they are not

maybe an average back, but an elite game changing back, no not a "Dime a dozen"
    Thats what the post says. The elite backs like Peterson are not a dime a dozen. Those backs come once in a while and I feel Trent Richardson is another back like that. But how many SBs have these back won? RBs are a dime a dozen. Not to knock their talents, but without an oline opening holes, no running back (maybe outside Barry Sanders) will look good. Look what the Giants did with Derrick Ward behind a solid oline. They made him a great running back in 2008. Then he left and wasn't even half the running back he was here. This happens all the time. It is mostly the Oline controlling which RBs are good and which aren't, with the obvious exception of the best in the league.

Look at Shady McCoy this year to last. Last year he was on top of the NFL. This year with no Oline, he is struggling mightily. Get Wilson (1st round pick) a great Oline and he will shine. Get Brown (4th round pick) a great Oline and he will shine. Get Bradshaw (7th round pick) a great oline and he will shine. Get Ward (UDFA) a solid oline and he will shine. Get (Insert quality RB here) a solid Oline and he will shine. Oline controls a RBs success more then RBs controlling the Olines success.

Look what Pittsburgh is doing. Mendenhall, Dwyer, Redman, Rainey... who ever. They all look good because the Oline is opening holes and pushing DLs back.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338