+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

Well, Tuckyou doesn't like it......I'm sold.

GREAT PICK!!![]

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Husky"]He's said to be a "stellar pass catcher".[/quote]

eh? His 21 catches dont real make him a stellar pass catcher. He could probably be pretty good on bubble screens, but he has very little experience as a receiver[/quote]

We can coach him up on that []
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="FBomb"]

GREAT PICK!!![]

[/quote]

lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

even though we can, i don't want to go through another year where we throw the ball that much ever again.

i honestly think reese picked what he thought was BPA.

you may disagree with his board, but his track record is so strong that frankly you have to consider what you're missing instead of what he's missing.

All-Pro

[quote user="FBomb"]

GREAT PICK!!![]

[/quote]

You could be right, lol.

But I also didn't like the Sintim pick.

Veteran

why can't nicks and cruz both be signed? them two and jpp is our next generation of greats - we need to keep them.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

I am not thrilled with this pick at all. I wasn't thrilled with JPP though either, so, really it doesnt mean much.

BUT

Running backs are a dime a dozen. The only one I would of taken is Richardson. After that, it is too deep to get one in the first.

Im not saying Wilson will be bad or a bust by anymeans, but I feel we reached. I feel we were hoping Doug Martin was thereand the Bucs straight up smacked us in the nose by trading right in front of us and snagging him.

And I want to go on record and say that Courtney Upshaw is going to be a probowler for years to come. Watching this guy play, he could do it all. Rush the passer, play LB, ect. Reminds me of when DeMeco Ryans slipped. Upshaw will be better then Ryans, who won the DROY and has been to multiple probowls.

I would of rather taken someone to replace MM like Stephan Hill. It's a passing league now. We dont run the ball as much as we used to. And it netted us a 2nd SB in 4 years. Nicks and Cruz willnot both be resigned.

Our Oline was one of the worst for run blocking in the NFL. That isnt going to change much. Id almost rather we rebuild the Oline. Cordy Glenn, Konz, Adams...The trenches.

Anyway, I dont agree with the pick, but Reese is the man so I guess we will see what his game plan is. I guess I am just a little sour because the Bucs made us look bad too.

[/quote]

This is another myth in the NFL. And it so cliche its getting boring.

MOST RB's are a dime a dozen. But great RB's are game changers and can improve the productivity of almost every aspect of your football team.

If JR thought he had a chance to get a player like that he was right to take it.

Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="DJloves"]why can't nicks and cruz both be signed? them two and jpp is our next generation of greats - we need to keep them.[/quote]

I would love it, but think about how much money these 2 will command. Then add in top DE money to JPP. I hope Reese can figure it out, but it reminds me of the T2 vs Ross situation. We could only keep one.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Giants felt there will be a run on HBs in the 2nd round, and by the time they were on the clock again the quality at the position would be subpar[/quote]

This makes the most sense to me.* How could they let him go for another BPA knowing Wilson would be long gone at pick 64.** I thunk it was a good move for now and the future.* I'd like to see them get another TE and OT on offense and a DT/DE on defense.

Do you think they would consider trading up for Fleener offering Osi and a 7th round pick?* Fleener will never make it to 64.
    [/quote]

Do NOT see them trading up for Fleener but possibly trade up to take someone high on their board that will not reach them at bottom of second. (Like Massie, Jonathan Martin, Randle possibly) then hopefully take dwayne allen at bottom of second. Then for 3rd round- maybe pick up Mike Martin if he lasts.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Firenugget"]I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...

As far as the Bucs go I like Wilson better than Martin myself.
    [/quote]

No, RBs are a dime a dozen. Bradshaw is a perfect example. 7th round. Jacobs was a 4th round. Only time will tell though.

For now, I trust Reese and will root hard for David Wilson. I just see this as a need pick, not a BPA.[/quote]

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, I guess QB's are a dime a dozen too. And Im beginning to think most of you dont actually know what dime a dozen means, either that or you actually think that running backs are so common that they have 0 value.

I get a kick out of the reaching comments too, its not reaching if you think the guy is going to be good. If you like him, you take him.

I guess youd just rather watch shotgun draws to Ware all season long.

+ Reply to Thread