+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

[quote user="myles2424"]Besides Arian Foster, what DOMINATE RBs were taken after the 3rd round?? Since they're a dime a dozen, I was just curious....[/quote]

Terrell Davis

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Besides Arian Foster, what DOMINATE RBs were taken after the 3rd round?? Since they're a dime a dozen, I was just curious....[/quote]

Terrell Davis

[/quote]

You don't need a dominant running back to win games.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="mikeq672"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Firenugget"]I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...

As far as the Bucs go I like Wilson better than Martin myself.
    [/quote] No, RBs are a dime a dozen. Bradshaw is a perfect example. 7th round. Jacobs was a 4th round. Only time will tell though. For now, I trust Reese and will root hard for David Wilson. I just see this as a need pick, not a BPA.[/quote]

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, I guess QB's are a dime a dozen too. And Im beginning to think most of you dont actually know what dime a dozen means, either that or you actually think that running backs are so common that they have 0 value.

I get a kick out of the reaching comments too, its not reaching if you think the guy is going to be good. If you like him, you take him.

I guess youd just rather watch shotgun draws to Ware all season long.
    [/quote]

No. Id rather we waited on getting a RB in the draft. I dont*think Ware is any good.*What if Scott turns it on this year?*QBs are not a dime a dozen and that remark is irrelevant. How often does a Tom Brady come along in the 6th round compared to RBs falling late. In this specific class, I think there is asome good value deep for RBs. Yes, it is my worthless opinion, but I can say it.

Also, Wilson does has fumbling issues from what I heard.

Whatever though, Go Giants! Go David Wilson! Welcome to the Champs.

[/quote] what Dminate RBs playing now were taken after the 3rd round??? Besides Arian foster ofcourse.....
    & for what's it's worth, Wilson has pretty much the same size/speed/running style & "negatives" coming into the league as Lesean McCoy

All-Pro

[quote user="myles2424"]Besides Arian Foster, what DOMINATE RBs were taken after the 3rd round??
    Since they're a dime a dozen, I was just curious....[/quote]

Last time a dominant rb won a sb?

Marshall faulk.

Its a meaningless position

All-Pro

for the Giants? Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Ryan Grant, Ahmad Bradshaw... those are just some from the Giants only and rescently. When our Oline was at its best we had two 1000 yard rushers in Ward and Jacobs. They both looked great.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="ny06"]

Terrell Davis

[/quote]

You don't need a dominant running back to win games.[/quote]
    You don't need a dominate passing game either, but I assume our passing game w/ a dominate running game is a little better than what we did last year on the ground....

[quote user="TuckYou"]

for the Giants? Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Ryan Grant, Ahmad Bradshaw... those are just some from the Giants only and rescently. When our Oline was at its best we had two 1000 yard rushers in Ward and Jacobs. They both looked great.

[/quote]
    Derrick ward & Ryan grant dominate? That's why they're hot items in the league right now right?
    I'm talking ray rice,forte,MJD,Peterson,Chris Johnson,Lesean McCoy,McFadden when healthy, gore, Tomlinson pre 30s,

All-Pro

Ok, I think some of you would love any pick that Reese made, and that doesnt make you wrong or right, or me wrong or right. Its all opinion.

Bottom line is, I feel we could of got a great value RB later in the draft, in means of being productive for our team right now. Ill say it again, I think Wilson could be a great RB for us and hopefully will. But I feel like other RBs could be as well, in the later rounds. Meanwhile there were some nice other players there right now. I think Stephan Hill is going to be a very good WR. I think Upshaw is going to be dominant.

Starter

Damn Bucks, the only thing that would have made me happier than this pick is if we would have got Doug Martin who I believe was the main target before the Bucks snuck in there and got him.

All-Pro

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

w

[/quote]
    Derrick ward & Ryan grant dominate? That's why they're hot items in the league right now right?
    I'm talking ray rice,forte,MJD,Peterson,Chris Johnson,Lesean McCoy,McFadden when healthy, gore, Tomlinson pre 30s,[/quote] no sb appearances for any of those guys.

investing alot into rb position hurts the future talent of your team

+ Reply to Thread