+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

[quote user="lawl"]
    Balt, SF etc[/quote]

Balt took Jamal Lewis 5th overall in 2000. It was awhile ago, but they have had some good HBs they found in mid rounds since then fortunately for them.

We will see what some of these teams like GB, SF, etc do when they are struggling to find production at the position.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"] They are of no value in my book[/quote] well all the teams in the league seem to disagree, apart from the eagles and packers.[/quote]

What are you basing this off of? You's drafted a RB in the 1st two rounds over the past 5 -6 years?

Just look at how quickly teams are ready to let go of RBs' with even the slightest hint of decline vs. how readily teams are willing to go after injured players at other positions and you can see that teams also believe they can easily find RB talent.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]What are you basing this off of? You's drafted a RB in the 1st two rounds over the past 5 -6 years? [/quote]

yep. if it was not a position of value, teams wouldnt be taking them in the first or 2nd rounds.

As for them having a shorter career, i would agree with that, but does that make the position less valuable? I dont think so, I think it almost makes it more valuable as it becomes a position that you need to fill more often.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]What are you basing this off of? You's drafted a RB in the 1st two rounds over the past 5 -6 years? [/quote] yep. if it was not a position of value, teams wouldnt be taking them in the first or 2nd rounds. As for them having a shorter career, i would agree with that, but does that make the position less valuable? I dont think so, I think it almost makes it more valuable as it becomes a position that you need to fill more often.[/quote]and under the new cba its far more afordable to sign these rooks

Personally for me, I would have rather grabbed Hill or upshaw with that pick and went after Lamichael James later on......but again, it's all speculation...I trust in Jerry...but the pick suprised me.

Veteran

[quote user="gumby742"]

[quote user="pino"]To tivialize the RB position is just silly to me. Apparently you can win the Super Bowl with a 27th ranked defense, so should we not improve our defense then? Of course you can win without a good RB, but having a good RB makes you that much better. What happens when conditions don't favor the passing game? What if they are doing a good job at pressuring Eli? Covering our WR's? Having a balanced attack is the best you can hope for in an offense. Look at the Patriots; we pressured Brady and what happened? I bet they wish they had Arian Foster then. Speaking of the Pats, remember when the Pats had Corey Dillion? He was old but it improved their defense by a large margin (from #17 total offense in 2003, to #7 in 2004 and 2005).[/quote]

I'll take a good oline over a great RB any day of the week.

[/quote]

So would I. But apparently the Giants felt Wilson couldn't be passed up.

I guess it's time for a new quote for me also!!!

But like I said, the pick suprised me.......I def thought we were taking Hill, Upshaw or even Fleener.....I would have liked to try and pick up Lamichael James later on...I think he is more of a power back and fills that Jacobs role a bit better....but again, it's just my opinion and everything is all speculation, we have no idea what will happen with any of these picks from any of these teams.

Bench Player

I think he also returns kicks and punts . thats worth atleast one win right there . Getting more than 1 yrd on a punt return . Just the threat or him breaking one might get us better field postion .

[quote user="ralphpal"]I think he also returns kicks and punts . thats worth atleast one win right there . Getting more than 1 yrd on a punt return . Just the threat or him breaking one might get us better field postion .[/quote]

Not to mention if he starts getting touchdowns on special teams. You might see teams going for it on 4th and short at midfield because of this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.