+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    not convinced he wont transition yet.
    He has a long way to go. In fact, he looks more lost this year then last. And he has 2x as many fumbles.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Jacobs comes in and is 100x better then Wilson.

Jacobs looked like he was back in his third year or something. He was running harder than he's run in a while and on a couple of plays he looked faster than I ever remember him.

Good running backs aren't a dime a dozen. Good lines make running backs look like they're dime a dozen; but last night Brandon showed how he could lift the team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Jacobs comes in and is 100x better then Wilson.
    If Wilson was playing he would have had like 300 yards. Wilson 1 on 1 with a safety Wilson wins that matchup a lot. Jacobs never won that matchup

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    If Wilson was playing he would have had like 300 yards. Wilson 1 on 1 with a safety Wilson wins that matchup a lot. Jacobs never won that matchup
    Not sure about that. I don't think anyone is questioning Wilson's open field ability. I'm questioning his ability to pick his spots to turn up and go. It seems like half the time he's running around like a chicken with its head cut off. He looks confused out there.

That Chicago front is pitiful - they've been hit hard by the injury bug so I wouldn't put too much stock in Jacobs' performance. He was good, yes, but I'd need to see it vs a good front before believing this is some sort of renaissance.

He did show good fight, which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Not sure about that. I don't think anyone is questioning Wilson's open field ability. I'm questioning his ability to pick his spots to turn up and go. It seems like half the time he's running around like a chicken with its head cut off. He looks confused out there.
    I thought he was looking pretty good with that in preseason.

But he hasent had blocking like Jacobs had, either.

No. Wrong. Wilson can not truck people like Jacobs. Did you see him get that 1st TD? No way Wilson even sees that. Wilson would get knocked back and lose yards.

I thought he was looking pretty good with that in preseason.

But he hasent had blocking like Jacobs had, either.
    Agreed, on the first Jacobs run in the first quarter, Wilson would have scored about an 85 yard TD. Jacobs got 15 yards running through a hole I could have gotten through. Wilson has ability. He is 22 years old people! Jesus