+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Husky"]He's said to be a "stellar pass catcher".[/quote]

eh? His 21 catches dont real make him a stellar pass catcher. He could probably be pretty good on bubble screens, but he has very little experience as a receiver[/quote]
    I got that here. Exactly what that meant, I can't say. I meant to add the link. http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2950

Veteran

The Giants draft by "rows", not rounds.

This tells me they though Wilson was at the top or their "row" for RBs, whereas the OL available didn't rank as highly.

It's the same criteria Reese & Rossused with Prince and JPP.

Judging from their comments after the pick, seems like Wilson was an easy decision.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Ok, I think some of you would love any pick that Reese made, and that doesnt make you wrong or right, or me wrong or right. Its all opinion.

Bottom line is, I feel we could of got a great value RB later in the draft, in means of being productive for our team right now. Ill say it again, I think Wilson could be a great RB for us and hopefully will. But I feel like other RBs could be as well, in the later rounds. Meanwhile there were some nice other players there right now. I think Stephan Hill is going to be a very good WR. I think Upshaw is going to be dominant.

[/quote]

lol....yeah, let's just dismiss all the valid arguements and facts thrown at you and write it all off to JR homers!!!

As always, you make me laugh!!

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

[quote user="Firenugget"]I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...
    [/quote]

Bradshaw went in the 7th
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="TuckYou"]

I am not thrilled with this pick at all. I wasn't thrilled with JPP though either, so, really it doesnt mean much.

BUT

Running backs are a dime a dozen. The only one I would of taken is Richardson. After that, it is too deep to get one in the first.

Im not saying Wilson will be bad or a bust by anymeans, but I feel we reached. I feel we were hoping Doug Martin was thereand the Bucs straight up smacked us in the nose by trading right in front of us and snagging him.

And I want to go on record and say that Courtney Upshaw is going to be a probowler for years to come. Watching this guy play, he could do it all. Rush the passer, play LB, ect. Reminds me of when DeMeco Ryans slipped. Upshaw will be better then Ryans, who won the DROY and has been to multiple probowls.

I would of rather taken someone to replace MM like Stephan Hill. It's a passing league now. We dont run the ball as much as we used to. And it netted us a 2nd SB in 4 years. Nicks and Cruz willnot both be resigned.

Our Oline was one of the worst for run blocking in the NFL. That isnt going to change much. Id almost rather we rebuild the Oline. Cordy Glenn, Konz, Adams...The trenches.

Anyway, I dont agree with the pick, but Reese is the man so I guess we will see what his game plan is. I guess I am just a little sour because the Bucs made us look bad too.

[/quote]

Only 6 RBs (30%) of the top 20 rushers were drafted pass the 2nd round..... Only 3 RBs (15%) would I be willing to have on the Giants. The percentages are very low to get a GOOD RB pass the 2nd round. Giants chance to get an Arian Foster or Michael Turner is low. The Giants could also get stuck with a Michael Bush (4th round) or Shonn Greene (3rd round).

[quote user="TuckYou"]

I am not thrilled with this pick at all. I wasn't thrilled with JPP though either, so, really it doesnt mean much.

BUT

Running backs are a dime a dozen. The only one I would of taken is Richardson. After that, it is too deep to get one in the first.

Im not saying Wilson will be bad or a bust by anymeans, but I feel we reached. I feel we were hoping Doug Martin was there*and the Bucs straight up smacked us in the nose by trading right in front of us and snagging him.

And I want to go on record and say that Courtney Upshaw is going to be a probowler for years to come. Watching this guy play, he could do it all. Rush the passer, play LB, ect. Reminds me of when DeMeco Ryans slipped. Upshaw will be better then Ryans, who won the DROY and has been to multiple probowls.

I would of rather taken someone to replace MM like Stephan Hill. It's a passing league now. We dont run the ball as much as we used to. And it netted us a 2nd SB in 4 years. Nicks and Cruz will*not both be resigned.

Our Oline was one of the worst for run blocking in the NFL. That isnt going to change much. Id almost rather we rebuild the Oline. Cordy Glenn, Konz, Adams...The trenches.

Anyway, I dont agree with the pick, but Reese is the man so I guess we will see what his game plan is. I guess I am just a little sour because the Bucs made us look bad too.

[/quote]

Great running backs are NOT a dime a dozen and David Wilson has the potential to be a great running back.

Fortunately the pros and Giants FO don't agree with you.

P.S. - David Wilson has 7 less receptions than Stephen Hill did in 2011 and the same amount of receptions as Hill in 2010. Pfffft.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="JMFP2"]

The Giants draft by "rows", not rounds.

This tells me they though Wilson was at the top or their "row" for RBs, whereas the OL available didn't rank as highly.

It's the same criteria Reese & Ross*used with Prince and JPP.

Judging from their comments after the pick, seems like Wilson was an easy decision.

[/quote]

They arent in rows by position, they are in rows by talent.

Supposedly, they had a higher grade on Cordy Glenn, but they felt that there would be a run on HBs in the 2nd round, and it was more likely they could find a good OL later in the draft than a good HB.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="myles2424"]Besides Arian Foster, what DOMINATE RBs were taken after the 3rd round??
    Since they're a dime a dozen, I was just curious....[/quote]

Last time a dominant rb won a sb?

Marshall faulk.

Its a meaningless position[/quote] Corey Dillon and the Bus were dominant rbs. BUT the league has changed. It's about passing. This guy could be our Sproles only bigger. JMHO

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Firenugget"]I'm tired of hearing that. No offense to you personally, just in general. RB's are definitely not a dime a dozen. Unless of course you mean 3rd/4th string RB's...
    [/quote]

Bradshaw went in the 7th
    [/quote]

Bradshaw has only broken 800 yards once in his career and has only had one season where he was available for every game.

I wish people would stop confusing value and raw production.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Husky"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="myles2424"]Besides Arian Foster, what DOMINATE RBs were taken after the 3rd round??
    Since they're a dime a dozen, I was just curious....[/quote]

Last time a dominant rb won a sb?

Marshall faulk.

Its a meaningless position[/quote]* Corey Dillon and the Bus were dominant rbs.* BUT the league has changed.* It's about passing.* This guy could be our Sproles only bigger. JMHO
    [/quote]
    BTW, I was referring to RB playing now.....not over the years.....
    Since RB are dime a dozen the league should be flooded with dominate late round backs right???