+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

If RB's were a dime a dozen, every team would have one Adrian Peterson and one Shadey McCoy on their team. Maybe even an Arian Foster for depth.

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Besides Arian Foster, what DOMINATE RBs were taken after the 3rd round?? Since they're a dime a dozen, I was just curious....[/quote]

w

for the Giants? Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Ryan Grant, Ahmad Bradshaw... those are just some from the Giants only and rescently. When our Oline was at its best we had two 1000 yard rushers in Ward and Jacobs. They both looked great.

[/quote]
    Derrick ward & Ryan grant dominate? That's why they're hot items in the league right now right?
    I'm talking ray rice,forte,MJD,Peterson,Chris Johnson,Lesean McCoy,McFadden when healthy, gore, Tomlinson pre 30s,[/quote] no sb appearances for any of those guys.

investing alot into rb position hurts the future talent of your team[/quote]

Nothing wrong with having a good back but at what cost? They could have grabbed a solid DL, OL or WR that will be much harder to fill in the draft.

RBs pick later have the highest success rate of any position. Other postions don't generate the same returns later in the draft.

[quote user="pino"]If RB's were a dime a dozen, every team would have one Adrian Peterson and one Shadey McCoy on their team. Maybe even an Arian Foster for depth.[/quote]

AP and McCoy watched the playoffs from home. Fosters team draft wisely and didn't piss away a pick on a RB.

Dime a dozen?

Not true. Only 15% chance to get GOOD RB in later rounds. There are only 3 RBs (drafted pass the 2nd round) in the top 20 rushers that I would want on my team. Those are Arian Foster, Michael Turner and Frank Gore (3rd round). Lets not count the Shonn Greene and Michael Bush as dimes. I like Ahmad Bradshaw but he is coming off a year that he got 3.9 yards per rush, has injury issues and is going into his 6th year. I know the o-line isn't good but Wilson could really help the Giants offense out.

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"][quote user="pino"]If RB's were a dime a dozen, every team would have one Adrian Peterson and one Shadey McCoy on their team. Maybe even an Arian Foster for depth.[/quote]

AP and McCoy watched the playoffs from home. Fosters team draft wisely and didn't piss away a pick on a RB.[/quote]

It is a QB driven league and will always be. Do you really expect Adrian Peterson to carry the vikings to the playoffs with Christian Ponder averaging 160 passing yards per game and 13 tds/13 ints?

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"][quote user="pino"]If RB's were a dime a dozen, every team would have one Adrian Peterson and one Shadey McCoy on their team. Maybe even an Arian Foster for depth.[/quote]

AP and McCoy watched the playoffs from home. Fosters team draft wisely and didn't piss away a pick on a RB.[/quote]

Thankfully the pros and our front office don't agree with you.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]
    RBs pick later have the highest success rate of any position. [/quote]

You couldn't have been more wrong if you said the Pope was kosher.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]

Fosters team drafted Ben Tate in the 2nd round. Tate was a huge part of their success this season.

Veteran

If you have an Oline that opens holes, all you need is a running back that hits the holes hard and can pass block. You'll have a good running game. But a good or great RB can do much more. If he can catch he's improved the passing game with flexibility. If he's got game breaking speed defenses will have to make adjustment, making others jobs easier. If he can catch and run fast then watch him every play or he'll kill you. So yes, RBs are a dime a dozen, but good ones are much more expensive and great ones are priceless.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Giants felt there will be a run on HBs in the 2nd round, and by the time they were on the clock again the quality at the position would be subpar[/quote]

This makes the most sense to me.* How could they let him go for another BPA knowing Wilson would be long gone at pick 64.** I thunk it was a good move for now and the future.* I'd like to see them get another TE and OT on offense and a DT/DE on defense.

Do you think they would consider trading up for Fleener offering Osi and a 7th round pick?* Fleener will never make it to 64.
    [/quote]As much as I think it all starts with the OL, we are frightfully thin at RB especially given AB's health concerns which will be there for as long as he plays football. We need more immediate help at RB than we need anywhere and if the pool will be dry or full of so so pick when we draft next then JR did what he had to do and pulled the trigger on a very nice running back who projects to help us immediately one way or another.
    No one remembers who came in second.