+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Running Backs are a dime a dozen

Correction: Danny Wares are a dime a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

All-Pro

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="TuckYou"]

Ok, I think some of you would love any pick that Reese made, and that doesnt make you wrong or right, or me wrong or right. Its all opinion.

Bottom line is, I feel we could of got a great value RB later in the draft, in means of being productive for our team right now. Ill say it again, I think Wilson could be a great RB for us and hopefully will. But I feel like other RBs could be as well, in the later rounds. Meanwhile there were some nice other players there right now. I think Stephan Hill is going to be a very good WR. I think Upshaw is going to be dominant.

[/quote]

lol....yeah, let's just dismiss all the valid arguements and facts thrown at you and write it all off to JR homers!!!

As always, you make me laugh!!

[/quote]

Facts? I dont see any facts. All I see are opinions.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"][quote user="pino"]If RB's were a dime a dozen, every team would have one Adrian Peterson and one Shadey McCoy on their team. Maybe even an Arian Foster for depth.[/quote]

AP and McCoy watched the playoffs from home. Fosters team draft wisely and didn't piss away a pick on a RB.[/quote]

That's not the point. The point was made that RB's are a "dime a dozen". If that was true then every team would have a couple of stud RB's and they would come cheap.

Your point makes even less sense based off what I said; the RB position is not the reason those teams didn't make the playoffs. You make it sound as if we wouldn't have made the playoffs if we had Shadey McCoy on our team.

If you are trying to say that it takes more to make that playoffs than a stud RB, then I would agree with you, but then what does that have anything to do with the point I made?

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]Correction: Danny Wares are a dime a dozen.[/quote]Allow me to refine that.............a nickle a dozen.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I did not see us going RB in the first. I mean, if Scott is so solid then why are we going RB in the first? I feel the FO doesn't have much faith in anyone but Bradshaw. I just hope he pans out. I guess he will be competing for the #2 spot, right?

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Giants felt there will be a run on HBs in the 2nd round, and by the time they were on the clock again the quality at the position would be subpar[/quote]

This makes the most sense to me. How could they let him go for another BPA knowing Wilson would be long gone at pick 64. I thunk it was a good move for now and the future. I'd like to see them get another TE and OT on offense and a DT/DE on defense.

Do you think they would consider trading up for Fleener offering Osi and a 7th round pick? Fleener will never make it to 64.
    [/quote]As much as I think it all starts with the OL, we are frightfully thin at RB especially given AB's health concerns which will be there for as long as he plays football. We need more immediate help at RB than we need anywhere and if the pool will be dry or full of so so pick when we draft next then JR did what he had to do and pulled the trigger on a very nice running back who projects to help us immediately one way or another.[/quote]

I think Wilson was a good decision, I'm looking to make the line in front of him better and we are slim at TE. I know Beckum may be "ready" for the start of the season but that isn't wonderful news as he's really never gotten on track.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Besides Arian Foster, what DOMINATE RBs were taken after the 3rd round?? Since they're a dime a dozen, I was just curious....[/quote]

Terrell Davis

[/quote] You don't need a dominant running back to win games.[/quote]

What about games in December and January in the Meadowlands??

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Besides Arian Foster, what DOMINATE RBs were taken after the 3rd round?? Since they're a dime a dozen, I was just curious....[/quote]

Terrell Davis

[/quote] You don't need a dominant running back to win games.[/quote]

What about games in December and January in the Meadowlands??

[/quote]

What about them? How'd we do this year? How does green bay do?

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="TuckYou"]

Ok, I think some of you would love any pick that Reese made, and that doesnt make you wrong or right, or me wrong or right. Its all opinion.

Bottom line is, I feel we could of got a great value RB later in the draft, in means of being productive for our team right now. Ill say it again, I think Wilson could be a great RB for us and hopefully will. But I feel like other RBs could be as well, in the later rounds. Meanwhile there were some nice other players there right now. I think Stephan Hill is going to be a very good WR. I think Upshaw is going to be dominant.

[/quote]

lol....yeah, let's just dismiss all the valid arguements and facts thrown at you and write it all off to JR homers!!!

As always, you make me laugh!!

[/quote]

Facts? I dont see any facts. All I see are opinions.

[/quote]

oh,I don't know....maybe the FACT that Wilson was the second best RB on the Giants board, was the best RB left after TB jumped ahead of us. The FACT that we were dead last in the running game last season. The FACT that Bradshaw's feet are a mess and misses games. The FACT that it is a position of need.......

I know FACTS is a foreign concept in your world, so as usual I take whose posting into account.[]

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

The fact that they passed on OL Martin, shows that they didn't "settle." Everyone at ESPN is saying that they wanted the RB, Martin taken at 31, but Mangini said the Giants aren't a team that "settles." He said that perhaps he was the guy they were looking for in that situation.