+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I love how some people say they don't agree with the pick but say they trust Reese

If you trusted Reese like most of us do you wouldn't be the least bit worried, you wuldn't question or second guess the selection of Wilson or anyone else for that matter.

I am ECSTATIC with the pick. Was it the pick I wanted? Not until Reese picked him, no.

As soon as he was added to our family I was hooked as so should everyone else be.

We still have a second round pick today unlike the Cowboys and we get some damn good players in the second round.

Austin
    Joseph
    Beatty
    T2
    Steve Smith
    C-Web
    Snee
    Osi

Now some of those obviously aren't Reese' picks but we have a history of drafting very well in the second round.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Veteran

Re: I love how some people say they don't agree with the pick but say they trust Reese

They meant they trust him, unless he doesn't draft their guy.

Re: I love how some people say they don't agree with the pick but say they trust Reese

[quote user="pino"]They meant they trust him, unless he doesn't draft their guy.[/quote]

As a fan, you are entitled to question any decision your organization and specifically GM makes.... unless of course your GM is Jerry Reese []

Then you shut your mouth and thank God we are so fortunate.

Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one but the only one that matters is Jerry Reese's []
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

What is being said in this thread? That Reese never missed on a draft pick?

That said. What was wrong with the pick? Should we have taken a stinkin olineman?

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

My initial reaction was that I didn't like the pick that JR reached for someone we could of had 15 picks later. Mainly I felt this way because I was still in shock that TB stole Martin on us. After sleeping on it I've changed my mind and should trust JR. What the hell do I know. I have .1% of football knowledge that JR has. Welcome aboard David and the best of luck.

My initial reaction was that I didn't like the pick that JR reached for someone we could of had 15 picks later. Mainly I felt this way because I was still in shock that TB stole Martin on us. After sleeping on it I've changed my mind and should trust JR. What the hell do I know. I have .1% of football knowledge that JR has. Welcome aboard David and the best of luck.

[quote user="VegasGmen"]My initial reaction was that I didn't like the pick that JR reached for someone we could of had 15 picks later. Mainly I felt this way because I was still in shock that TB stole Martin on us. After sleeping on it I've changed my mind and should trust JR. What the hell do I know. I have .1% of football knowledge that JR has. Welcome aboard David and the best of luck.[/quote]

Reese & Co. had Wilson ranked ahead of Martin.

Wilson was the #2 RB which is why the pick was a no brainer
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

[quote user="VegasGmen"]My initial reaction was that I didn't like the pick that JR reached for someone we could of had 15 picks later.[/quote]

Thats exactly the problem. They tried to trade down and nobody gave up anything substantial. They thought a bunch of HBs would be drafted before they got to their 2nd round pick, so grabbed one in the first, then can find another good player later.

I personally wanted Martin too....but not for a second do I think Reese and Marc Ross & the gang would reach for a pick.

I'll never forget my disappointment with the JPP and Linval picks in the 2010 draft. Since that draft, I've learned never to question Reese again.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="VegasGmen"]My initial reaction was that I didn't like the pick that JR reached for someone we could of had 15 picks later.[/quote]

Thats exactly the problem. They tried to trade down and nobody gave up anything substantial. They thought a bunch of HBs would be drafted before they got to their 2nd round pick, so grabbed one in the first, then can find another good player later.[/quote]They are probably right. It even happened in the Expert Mock I did. I tried to sit back and wait for the optimum value to hit me at RB and the guys I wanted kept getting picked like a half a round before I drafted. As I see it there are 6 backs I think that could come in play major snaps in a 2 back rotation right away in this draft. Good Chance none of those guys are left at pick 64