+ Reply to Thread

Stern's involvement in the CP3-to-the-Lakers deal

LMAO!

Re: Stern's involvement in the CP3-to-the-Lakers deal

hahaha...i hoping this somehow means cp3 still ends up on the knicks

seems like CP3 to the Garden will somehow get sabotage. friggin sucks

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Banned

I find it crazy how they announced the news of the trade and then a few hours later after the ink dried, they announced that it was a no go. Strange and even stranger for the players that were traded. It's like they were dumped by their girlfriends and got taken back only because the chick couldn't get the man she really wanted.

Can someone explain to me WHY exactly the deal is a "no go"?

[quote user="titwio"]Can someone explain to me WHY exactly the deal is a "no go"?[/quote]

"for basketball reasons"
    according to our lordship David Stern. Lol...probably the corniest explanation I've ever heard...

What it really was though was a bunch of butthurt (for lack of a better word...lol) small market owners putting pressure on Stern to stop the deal because it would've made the Lakers instant title contenders again...especially w/ Howard waiting in the wings...

They can't stand superstar players maneuvering their way from small market teams to glitzy large market teams like LA/NY/CHI etc...

This is crazy, legally Stern had the right to stop the deal as the Hornets are NBA-owned, but morally and ethically its messed up...because the FOs of both LA and NO agreed to the trade, and the trade itself was a very good one (Scola, Odom, Dragic, 1st round pick to NO for CP3 which is much better than what was expected).

CP3 is taking legal action against the NBA

I personally don't care much about this whole fiasco, but its a huge controversy right now for good reason

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="titwio"]Can someone explain to me WHY exactly the deal is a "no go"?[/quote]

"for basketball reasons"
    according to our lordship David Stern. Lol...probably the corniest explanation I've ever heard...

What it really was though was a bunch of butthurt (for lack of a better word...lol) small market owners putting pressure on Stern to stop the deal because it would've made the Lakers instant title contenders again...especially w/ Howard waiting in the wings...

They can't stand superstar players maneuvering their way from small market teams to glitzy large market teams like LA/NY/CHI etc...

This is crazy, legally Stern had the right to stop the deal as the Hornets are NBA-owned, but morally and ethically its messed up...because the FOs of both LA and NO agreed to the trade, and the trade itself was a very good one (Scola, Odom, Dragic, 1st round pick to NO for CP3 which is much better than what was expected).

I personally don't care much about this whole fiasco, but its a huge controversy right now for good reason
    [/quote]

Thanks for explaining....Much appreciated.

Way too many politics involved here....I think I'll put the NBA on pause till football ends.

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="titwio"]Can someone explain to me WHY exactly the deal is a "no go"?[/quote]

"for basketball reasons"

[/quote]

Thanks for explaining....Much appreciated.

Way too many politics involved here....I think I'll put the NBA on pause till football ends.[/quote]

n/p bro...

I feel you, its obvious the politics behind the lockout in the first place aren't totally resolved...

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="titwio"]Can someone explain to me WHY exactly the deal is a "no go"?[/quote]

"for basketball reasons"

[/quote]

perfectly explained.

i dislike Grand Emperor Stern myself...but I understand his PoV from a global business (NBA as a whole) standpoint.

Teams like Utah, San Anton, OKC and others would end up going the way of Seattle for example.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

"for basketball reasons"

[/quote]
    its was a bad deal and this is why:
    Scola is 31 and has a massive contract
    Odom is 32
    Dragic is nothing special
    1st rounder is ok
    also Kevin Martin who is 28 and has a big contract
    What good will it be to be a just a 8th seed and be sweeped next year then take even longer to rebuild till the contracts run up?
    Really not a good deal for the hornets.