+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kiwi resigns for 3 more years

Vacchiano - Mathias Kiwanuka has apparently signed a three-year contract extension with the Giants, keeping him signed through the 2015 season. #NYG"

Veteran

Re: Kiwi resigns for 3 more years

[quote user="slipknottin"]Vacchiano - Mathias Kiwanuka has apparently signed a three-year contract extension with the Giants, keeping him signed through the 2015 season. #NYG"[/quote]Could this mean the end of Osi in NY?

[quote user="GMenNY21"]Could this mean the end of Osi in NY?[/quote]

Why is it assumed everybody who signs at LB or DE means the end of Osi?

I think this extension probably means the giants have a bit more cap room, Kiwi was due 4 mil this year in base salary, bet this extension knocks that cap number down.

[quote user="GMenNY21"][quote user="slipknottin"]Vacchiano - Mathias Kiwanuka has apparently signed a three-year contract extension with the Giants, keeping him signed through the 2015 season. #NYG"[/quote]Could this mean the end of Osi in NY?[/quote]
    Take this for what it's worth:

Some buzz out there about the #Titans going after Giants DE Osi Umenyiora. Sorry to be a buzz-kill, but don't get your hopes up

I hope Osi stays....but even if he left, with Tuck, JPP, and Kiwi, we're more than set at DE

Niceee....I honestly believe if he wouldve hit the FA market he wouldnt have made it back...

Veteran

Osi will not like this one bit - but he has no leverage. Tough to hold out in a contract year. Looks like he will play it out for a nice small cap hit and then be on his way. Which is fine, at that point he is 32 and we got the best years out of him. I love osi so dont want to talk about him like cattle but sadly thats what the NFL is sometimes. He mastered the strip sack and regardless of his lack of run d those plays are game changing, but certainly its JPP and Tucks starting job now and Osi will rotate as they all do.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GMenNY21"]Could this mean the end of Osi in NY?[/quote]

Why is it assumed everybody who signs at LB or DE means the end of Osi?

I think this extension probably means the giants have a bit more cap room, Kiwi was due 4 mil this year in base salary, bet this extension knocks that cap number down.[/quote]

Well it has been mentioned by some writers and I thought Osi said it could happen.

Bench Player

[quote user="dave56dj"]Osi will not like this one bit - but he has no leverage. Tough to hold out in a contract year. Looks like he will play it out for a nice small cap hit and then be on his way. Which is fine, at that point he is 32 and we got the best years out of him. I love osi so dont want to talk about him like cattle but sadly thats what the NFL is sometimes. He mastered the strip sack and regardless of his lack of run d those plays are game changing, but certainly its JPP and Tucks starting job now and Osi will rotate as they all do.
    [/quote]

Since Osi and I were born on the exact same day, I can tell you he is 30 and wont be 31 til Nov 16 this year.

[quote user="buddy33"]
    Well it has been mentioned by some writers and I thought Osi said it could happen.[/quote]

Im not saying it cant. But everytime the giants make any sort of move at either position everyone assumes they made the move because of Osi. I dont think the two are related.

Kiwi was a damn good player last year, his contract is up after this season, he was resigned for 3 more years. Has nothing to do with Osi.