+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

David Wilson - EXCEPTIONAL pick

David Wilson is not only the best RB in the draft contrary to public opinion, he arguably is the best offensive players in this draft.

Why? Because he single handily can dominate a football game. But the main reason is because he is a warrior of the first order. You don't find guys with this kind of heart and dedication .. it's rare and a men is measured by their heart. You combine that with exceptional natural ability (vision, speed, elusiveness, ability to block, catch the ball) and you are looking at a potentially one of the best backs in this league. The guy is ridiculously shifty, tough, and can catch the ball like a wide reciever. This is an OUTSTANDING number 1 pick.

Only drawback is ability to hold onto the football - which the Giants will correct.

Once this guy put on some more muscle mass I project him to be the most dangerous back in this league, hands down.

Re: David Wilson - EXCEPTIONAL pick

dont agree at all with either of the things you said in your first sentence.

Dont think he will be close to being the most dangerous back, and its not a strength/size thing. He has to make substantial changes to how he runs to be effective in the NFL. How fast he make those changes will dictate how successful he will be this year and in the future

[quote user="slipknottin"]dont agree at all with either of the things you said in your first sentence.

Dont think he will be close to being the most dangerous back, and its not a strength/size thing. He has to make substantial changes to how he runs to be effective in the NFL. How fast he make those changes will dictate how successful he will be this year and in the future[/quote]

It's a great thing that our scouting department does not have the same illogical frame of mind as yourself.

[quote user="bigblue999"]

It's a great thing that our scouting department does not have the same illogical frame of mind as yourself.[/quote]

The scouting department didnt have Wilson as the best HB in the draft, they didnt have him as the best offensive player.

And I have never heard from anyone in the giants FO that either Wilson is a finished prospect, or that they think he will be the most dangerous back in the league this season.

So I would have to assume that in fact, your opinions are far more illogical

Wilson has an exceptional ceiling in terms of potential but the coaching staff would be nuts to start this kid day 1 with his current body of work. Thankfully, all of his problems can be fixed so it comes down to our coaching staff and how fast Wilson can learn.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="bigblue999"]

It's a great thing that our scouting department does not have the same illogical frame of mind as yourself.[/quote]

The scouting department didnt have Wilson as the best HB in the draft, they didnt have him as the best offensive player.

And I have never heard from anyone in the giants FO that either Wilson is a finished prospect, or that they think he will be the most dangerous back in the league this season.

So I would have to assume that in fact, your opinions are far more illogical[/quote]

You just stated that he had a tremendous amount of re-adjustment in his game to be effective in the NFL. Yet the Giants drafted him as their first pick. According to Marc Ross different scouts had various opinions but when combined together, this kid is none like any other. In either case - HE is the best RB in this draft and I will put money on it - just remember this 3 years from now....also, just curious - who do you think are better backs so that I can compare against as the seasons on go?

Man, everyone's an extremist: "this pick sucks" . . . . . "this pick is exceptional"

Has no one followed the draft before? We won't know whether this is a good pick or a bad pick for 3 years . . . . . How about we take a cautiously optomistic, wait and see approach, huh?

[quote user="bigblue999"]

You just stated that he had a tremendous amount of re-adjustment in his game to be effective in the NFL. Yet the Giants drafted him as their first pick. [/quote]
    Just like every other player who comes into the league. Not finished products. All of them have to develop and improve to be successful.

According to Marc Ross different scouts had various opinions but when combined together, this kid is none like any other.
    Ok? Im not sure what point you are making.

In either case - HE is the best RB in this draft and I will put money on it - just remember this 3 years from now....also, just curious - who do you think are better backs so that I can compare against as the seasons on go?
    Well the giants had him as the #2 rated HB in the draft.... Thats not a knock on Wilson.

[quote user="bigblue999"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="bigblue999"]

So I would have to assume that in fact, your opinions are far more illogical[/quote]

You just stated that he had a tremendous amount of re-adjustment in his game to be effective in the NFL. Yet the Giants drafted him as their first pick. According to Marc Ross different scouts had various opinions but when combined together, this kid is none like any other. In either case - HE is the best RB in this draft and I will put money on it - just remember this 3 years from now....also, just curious - who do you think are better backs so that I can compare against as the seasons on go?[/quote]

Trent Richardson.......?

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Man, everyone's an extremist:* "this pick sucks" . . . . . "this pick is exceptional"[/quote]

I dont think either of those.