+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Wilson - EXCEPTIONAL pick

Re: David Wilson - EXCEPTIONAL pick

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="bigblue999"]

You just stated that he had a tremendous amount of re-adjustment in his game to be effective in the NFL. Yet the Giants drafted him as their first pick. [/quote]
    Just like every other player who comes into the league. Not finished products. All of them have to develop and improve to be successful.

According to Marc Ross different scouts had various opinions but when combined together, this kid is none like any other.
    Ok? Im not sure what point you are making.

In either case - HE is the best RB in this draft and I will put money on it - just remember this 3 years from now....also, just curious - who do you think are better backs so that I can compare against as the seasons on go?
    Well the giants had him as the #2 rated HB in the draft.... Thats not a knock on Wilson.[/quote]

According to B Papa on Sirius this AM, Wilson WAS their #1 rated RB and would have taken him even if Martin was there, so TB lost some picks by jumping ahead to get Martin. Take that for what it's worth, but he did say that. (I actually liked Martin a bit better and wanted OL...I was sure Konz was ours...OH Well)

[quote user="keyofgmen"]
    According to B Papa on Sirius this AM, Wilson WAS their #1 rated RB and would have taken him even if Martin was there, so TB lost some picks by jumping ahead to get Martin. Take that for what it's worth, but he did say that. (I actually liked Martin a bit better and wanted OL...I was sure Konz was ours...OH Well)[/quote]

Then you misheard, because he was the #2 rated Hb on their board. He was ahead of Martin, and they would have taken him if Martin was still there, but he was not their #1 Hb in the draft

Wow you guys are picking nits today.

The OP is a bit over hyping our pick but I agree in essence that it was a great pick.

I haven't heard of him being rated higher than Trent Richardson on anyone's draft board (either before or after the draft) and on most draft boards that I've seen he was the #3 rated RB (behind Richardson and Martin).

He was the Giants #2 rated RB according to the Giants.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="keyofgmen"]
    According to B Papa on Sirius this AM, Wilson WAS their #1 rated RB and would have taken him even if Martin was there, so TB lost some picks by jumping ahead to get Martin. Take that for what it's worth, but he did say that. (I actually liked Martin a bit better and wanted OL...I was sure Konz was ours...OH Well)[/quote]

Then you misheard, because he was the #2 rated Hb on their board. He was ahead of Martin, and they would have taken him if Martin was still there, but he was not their #1 Hb in the draft[/quote]

Slip..should I take your word or Papa's..He said he was around Giants guys all day and that Wilson WAS their #1...??? I did not hear wrong ..he said it and Co-host ( I think Ross Tucker) questioned him on it also, and Papa was adamant.

Wait , I did not mean #1 overall...I see how it seemed that way..sorry..I meant #1 of the 2 MArtin vs Wilson!!!

all i know is Reese saw something in this kid to make him a 1st rounder....Reese's pieces....

[quote user="keyofgmen"]

Wait , I did not mean #1 overall...I see how it seemed that way..sorry..I meant #1 of the 2 MArtin vs Wilson!!![/quote]

this. lol. sorry we miscommunicated there.

Wilson was rated above Martin, Richardson was rated as the #1 HB, Wilson #2.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="keyofgmen"]

Wait , I did not mean #1 overall...I see how it seemed that way..sorry..I meant #1 of the 2 MArtin vs Wilson!!![/quote]

this. lol. sorry we miscommunicated there.

Wilson was rated above Martin, Richardson was rated as the #1 HB, Wilson #2.[/quote]

YUP..I went against one of my rules.."think and proof read what ya typed before clicking POSt" HAHA

+ Reply to Thread