+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patriots killed it

Re: Patriots killed it

[quote user="King Sully"][quote user="slipknottin"]Still not sure where Hightower fits for them[/quote]

i feel like he's kind of forced to play olb in there 3-4 and de when there in a 4-3, mayo and spikes are purely inside backers in my opinion.[/quote]

This is my guess.

Base 4-3 = Mayo at WLB, Spikes at MLB, Hightower at SLB

Nickel = Mayo at WLB, Spikes at MLB, Hightower at DE

3-4 Spikes and Mayo inside, Hightower at OLB.

I think the patriots play a lot of 50 front too, and Hightower as the up LB actually fits really well there

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I'm starting to notice a trend in grading picks (not you specifically OP) that teams who grab two players in the 1st round always get praise even if they might of reached for a player like the Bucs did with Barron. Just something I noticed really.[/quote]

For me, that had little to do with it. It was just that I would have wanted either of those guys and the fact that they got both makes me think they did well. If I only liked one of their 2 picks, then I wouldn't have thought they did well.

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]Hate to say it, but the Pats had a great first day. Chandler Jones. Dont'a Hightower. I would have loved have either of those guys wearing blue next season.
    [/quote]

Nah. On espn first take, the analysts weren't impressed with the picks. Skip Bayless didn't care for Chandler Jones and Mangini didn't care for Dont'a Hightower in Belichick's system. I think both of those players are overrated as well.

The Patriots will figure out a way to use these guys.

+ Reply to Thread