+ Reply to Thread

Does this pick prove JR doesnt go BPA in the first?

thoughts?

Re: Does this pick prove JR doesnt go BPA in the first?

Impossible to know that. There isnt a consensus BPA. Wilson may of been the highest rated player on the Giants board. He wasnt for me but its not absurd for me to think he could be.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Impossible to know that. There isnt a consensus BPA. Wilson may of been the highest rated player on the Giants board. He wasnt for me but its not absurd for me to think he could be.[/quote]

you and slip and jmike and others know more than me about the giants thinking process come draft time but to me RB was an area of need and this pick seemed forced to me idk.

Dude it's pretty simple.....
    JR & Marc Ross has said in their own words, when there's multiple guys that are similar as BPA goes, they take the next step and go with the guy that fills a bigger need....
    End of story

Veteran

From the limited amount of info that came out from the Giants today they felt all of the players available at 32 were similar in grade, so why not take a player in a position of need?

They clearly go for need, the only time Giants really do BPA is when players like Prince A. drop way lower than expected a lot of other times it's need picks they just say BPA but don't go for that.

[quote user="myles2424"]Dude it's pretty simple.....
    JR & Marc Ross has said in their own words, when there's multiple guys that are similar as BPA goes, they take the next step and go with the guy that fills a bigger need....
    End of story[/quote]

thanks "dude'

It was never a strict BPA, don't know where that started. He's always had a position overlay on the decision but never, ever would he reach just for a positional need.
    No one remembers who came in second.

What is your definition of BPA? According to who? Mel Kiper?

JR has his own list of best player available.

[quote user="bflo23"]What is your definition of BPA? According to who? Mel Kiper?

JR has his own list of best player available.
    [/quote]

what I mean is you hear all the time that JR does not draft for need..he will have his list and even if its not a pos of need they will take that player, however RB was a Pos of need imo...I think he targets specific positions.