+ Reply to Thread

Virginia tech CB Hosley....

Not bad, I was expecting Massie though...

Re: Virginia tech CB Hosley....

from nfl.com

OVERVIEW
    Hosley is an early entry junior who was a very productive corner for Virginia Tech throughout his career. He is undersized but plays with tenacity and a sense of urgency when around the ball. Hosley is an extremely scrappy player who finds a way to make an impact from the boundary corner position. He could be a late riser in the draft and needs to prove that he can add weight to his frame to compete with NFL size, but he has late first-round value and should find playing time in nickel packages right away.
    ANALYSIS
    STRENGTHS Hosley is an excellent zone corner who has a ton of range and playmaking ability around the ball. He has good field awareness to sniff out receiver screens and is quick reacting when the ball is thrown. He is consistently involved in the play and has good length to disengage receivers from the ball. Hosley is deceptive as a hitter and can deliver a serious blow for having such a small frame. He has an impressive bubble and is a very bouncy athlete who can change directions on a dime. He is capable of smothering at the line using his hands and technique, and can stay in a receiver's hip in-phase. He is a scrappy player who employs an unconventional shuffle step and technique in general, but he finds a way to make impact plays.
    WEAKNESSES Hosley is very thin and could get abused by the likes of Larry Fitzgerald and other big receivers. He has unconventional footwork that could get him in trouble against quicker athletes. He can get lost at times when working with his back toward the ball and needs to be placed within the right scheme to be an effective player.

he;ll be our nickel corner day 1

this will allow T2 to move into the hybrid safety role.

prince webby outside, hosley at nickel, rolle at fs, phillips ss, and T2 hybrid safety

homerun pick

I new the second day would be fantastic I love this 2nd and 3rd pick good job grade A today.

[quote user="myles2424"]Not bad, I was expecting Massie though...[/quote]Raiders just took another Oline guy. Not Massie so something must be wrong with him
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Hosley is a ball hawk...

Giants fan since the early 80s

Starter

[quote user="myles2424"]Not bad, I was expecting Massie though...[/quote]

I think teams are scared off because of his difficulties with speed rushers. Could be a big issue in the nfc east.

Didnt cut much of Hosley this year. I have all the VT games on my computer though because of WIlson so it makes this easy .

He might be 5'10 but he has a 76" WING SPAN!! MY GOD!! (For Comparison JPP has 81" and hes 6'6)

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Didnt cut much of Hosley this year. I have all the VT games on my computer though because of WIlson so it makes this easy .[/quote]

Dane Brugler had Hosley as a 1st-2nd round talent (pre drug test)

Compares him to Rhode Barber.

Ill be the first to admit he is not typical size/speed type player. But he is versatile, see him lined up all over the secondary for Virginia Tech.

Reese compares his style of play with Pacman Jones, and I can see that too. Not quite the explosive athlete of Pacman, but really really smooth in transition.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../jayron-hosley

Another analysis.

This kid seems pretty legit. He can return the ball, is physical in the passing game, and plays the run well. I like this draft so far.

I wanted Massie, but if everyone is passing on him and continuing to pick other OT's....they must know something.