+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

We continue to ignore LB, OL and TE

And somehow, JR builds us championship caliber teams year after year.

Well done.

Wasn't in favor of RB that early, but love the Randle pick and if Reese and Coughlin are good with Hosley's failed drug test, then he could be a steal that late even with our depth at cb.

One would think we would need to address OL and DL in the 4th, but who knows.

In Reese We Trust

Re: We continue to ignore LB, OL and TE

Can never have enough depth in the secondary. It seems like we get decimated every single year back there with injuries.

We could really use more depth at Safety.

I'm fine with our LB corp as is, but could use some help on the o-line.

I think we're good on LB.

TE we can address a little later, not that immediate of a need.

I would like to see them grab an OLine man sometime soon, whether it's a tackle or guard.

Banned

How many Lbers do you want? Williams looks to be the real deal and we just picked up Rivers. We picked up Martellus Bennett a few weeks. As far as Oline... I agree, we need some depth.

[quote user="TuckYou"]And somehow, JR builds us championship caliber teams year after year.

Well done.

Wasn't in favor of RB that early, but love the Randle pick and if Reese and Coughlin are good with Hosley's failed drug test, then he could be a steal that late even with our depth at cb.

One would think we would need to address OL and DL in the 4th, but who knows.

In Reese We Trust[/quote]

I agree with nearly everything you've said.

OL- There's still Massie ( he HAS to be gone by our next pick, right?) and the kid from FSU. He's raw but in a later round he may be worth the pick

DT- The kid I have in my sig is supposed to be a beast and supposedly demands a double team.

As far as LB, I'm a big NC State fan and have been saying all off season we need to get Terrell Manning. He's a play maker. I consider myself to be pretty level headed when it comes to the draft, so i don't want to come across as an NC State homer, but he's pretty good.

Would you rather an ILB, or OLB?

we are set at LB

OL could use depth, like the guys we have now though

TE is the big issue. are going into the season with just Bennett and Pascoe? are there any other FA out there to get cause no1 in the draft looks to be worth much

[quote user="nygfan0816"]we are set at LB OL could use depth, like the guys we have now though TE is the big issue. are going into the season with just Bennett and Pascoe? are there any other FA out there to get cause no1 in the draft looks to be worth much[/quote]

We have Bennett, Pascoe, and Beckum says he should be ready by the start of the season. There's also a kid on the practice squad, Christan Hopkins, that the staff seems to be high on. TE may not be as big of a need as many think. We don't need a lot of production out of the spot.

"I test how other people deal with reality"

I do think eventually not drafting OL first day will bite us badly. but Eli is the master at getting rid of the ball fast while back peddling. (to his credit)

but i will not knock the draft especially the first round, could be no good OL fall to us at our pick and JR wants the best available over needs.

Give me George Bryan SC TE and Coach Pope and I will be happy, LOL !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="Harooni"]I do think eventually not drafting OL first day will bite us badly[/quote]

Im not sure you need first day OL. McKenzie was 3rd round, Diehl 5th, Seubert and O'Hara undrafted, Snee was the highest as a 2nd rounder.

I think you can find late round guys that can eventually be starters but you have to give them some time to develop. Like what they are doing with Petrus and Brewer. Draft physically gifted players, teach them technique.