+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Mayock's Grades

Mike Mayock graded each player in the draft on a scale of 0-100.
    96-100 is a once in a lifetime player and a "future hall of famer" (only one this year is Luck), 85-95 is an immediate starter who should be drafted in the first round, and 70-84 is an eventual starter who should be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Mayock gave Wilson an 85, Randle an 86, and Hosley an 84. While 85 is a little low for a first rounder, I like that all of the guys we got are borderline potential starters for their rookie season. That's great value, especially in round 3. (Of course, because we don't really have any holes, I can't see any of them starting even if they all see significant playing time, but on some other teams any one of them could potentially start).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracke...bs:dt-by-round

Re: Mike Mayock's Grades

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]Mike Mayock graded each player in the draft on a scale of 0-100.
    96-100 is a once in a lifetime player and a "future hall of famer" (only one this year is Luck), 85-95 is an immediate starter who should be drafted in the first round, and 70-84 is an eventual starter who should be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Mayock gave Wilson an 85, Randle an 86, and Hosley an 84. While 85 is a little low for a first rounder, I like that all of the guys we got are borderline potential starters for their rookie season. That's great value, especially in round 3. (Of course, because we don't really have any holes, I can't see any of them starting even if they all see significant playing time, but on some other teams any one of them could potentially start).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracke...bs:dt-by-round
    [/quote]

he got us 3 first round quality players...simply amazing job and he made it look easy...objectively, i think we've had the best draft so far...and JR is awesome in latter rounds

I'm not so sure that these are actually Mayock's grades . . . .

who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese!

[quote user="gradstang"]who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese![/quote]

Thank you for your intelligent input . . . .

All-Pro

I think he did a great job regardless of these scores
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Great value in the 2nd, a risk but high reward in the 3rd with Hosley. Still not 100% on Wilson, but if Reese felt he was worth it, can't really argue.

[quote user="gradstang"]who cares what that loudmouth thinks. the giants have won superbowls and thats all the proof you need! who knows talent better- mayock or reese![/quote]

Do you even know who Mayock is or are you just blustering because not all of our picks were graded 100?

Loudmouth? I think you're thinking of someone else. Mayock is usually right on with his player evals. As a matter of fact he was so on that he had Reuben as his 63rd best player and we picked him derpaderp 63rd. He also said David Wilson was the BPA right before we picked and who did we pick? Yeah he's clueless.

[quote user="Drez"]

Do you even know who Mayock is or are you just blustering because not all of our picks were graded 100?

[/quote]

Thou shalt not disrespect former New York Giants.