+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Impact of David Wilson

Wanted to start off by raving about this pick. I love this guy's fiery running and personal style. I believe a team like the Giants can benefit from a player like this, a player that the head coach will LOVE.

That being said, I'm curious to see what you all thought he can accomplish his rookie year. Of course it depends on injuries and performance in training camp, but what do you think is a realistic outcome from WIlson's first year as a New York football Giants?!

All-Pro

Re: The Impact of David Wilson

He will be backup RB, maybe a return man with Hosely / Hixon. If Bradshaw gets injured, he will get more touches, but I still feel TC will use Ware more as a primary back if AB goes down. Wilson needs to fix his fumbling problem, like Bradshaw did and Scott is working on. We love RBs that fumble.

Well a lot of it depends on Bradshaw's health too, and how the OL plays.

But if its a hit, and he transitions his game the way we hope, hits the holes inside instead of bouncing, takes what the D gives instead of dancing behind the line, then I would expect perhaps 100-150 carries, and 400-700 yards.

The guy was never on my radar, soI don't know a lot about him,but as a 1st rd pick I would hope that he has an immediate impact!!

Other than hope, what do you have?

i think i read somewhere that he's going to be the 2nd rb on the depth chart right away...

hopefully he can make an impact in ST if he isnt getting carries, but I'm hopeful we'll see a lot of him bc he adds a dimension to our offense we havent had for a while

All-Pro

the thing that scares me a bit is our OLine was horrible last year at run blocking. How did we improve it?

Veteran

2000 yards and 22 TDs sounds reasonable

[quote user="TuckYou"]

the thing that scares me a bit is our OLine was horrible last year at run blocking. How did we improve it?

[/quote]

Lots of NFL people say the back makes the OL, the OL doesnt make the back

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

Don't know but the Giants were No. 1 at Rushing in the playoffs, which is all that mattered last season.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

i think by not changing it up it will improve it. continuity is a big factor imo. hopefully with a full offseason program, andbeing on the same page, they'll improve.

and also, some say that a rb can make the OL look better...

I too would like to see OL improve, but I'm still hopeful that the corp we had just needs more time together