+ Reply to Thread

Ballard vs Bennett

simple question. who would you rather have if you could only have 1. a fully healthy jake the snake. (pretend the acl injury never happened) or the upside of bennett who has never been given a fair shot to start since the boys have had an all-pro as a starting TE since he was drafted?

my vote: mr. bennett. giants fans are going to be pleasantly suprised. no more J Witt to worry about man. this is your starting job for the taking bro.

Re: Ballard vs Bennett

[quote user="NFCEastBeast"]simple question. who would you rather have if you could only have 1. a fully healthy jake the snake. (pretend the acl injury never happened) or the upside of bennett who has never been given a fair shot to start since the boys have had an all-pro as a starting TE since he was drafted?

my vote: mr. bennett. giants fans are going to be pleasantly suprised. no more J Witt to worry about man. this is your starting job for the taking bro.[/quote]

tough question to answer. Ballard already shown he can play.

But Bennett is a much better blocker imo, and has more athleticism and imho talent than Ballard. But Ballard has great work ethic and is humble.

In terms of upside, Bennett. I hope we can just keep both and have dominant TE's in the 22 formation

Re: Ballard vs Bennett

Should be a decent combo. I don't expect Bennett to be phenomenal or a top TE, but he may be motivated by being a prime target.

His biggest problem, outside of losing a bit of his athleticism, has been between the ears. He has just been lazy and doesn't seem to have a grasp on the playbook.

I'd take Ballard all things considered. Was very impressed with him last year and he's an unselfish role player that can thrive in Gilbride's offense-- since the Giants don't seem to focus on using their TEs.