+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Jayron Hosley.. Are you serious??

How do we end up with a guy like this in the 3rd round? Might be my favorite pick so far. I like Wilson, Randle is ok to me, but Hosley looks like the real deal. Looks better than Prince did. His only negative is his size but makes up for it with that 37 inch vertical and instincts. Great in man to man, good at zone, a human missile against the run? We have a gem, boys. All hail Reese!!

Re: Jayron Hosley.. Are you serious??

[quote user="Serg812"]How do we end up with a guy like this in the 3rd round? Might be my favorite pick so far. I like Wilson, Randle is ok to me, but Hosley looks like the real deal. Looks better than Prince did. His only negative is his size but makes up for it with that 37 inch vertical and instincts. Great in man to man, good at zone, a human missile against the run? We have a gem, boys. All hail Reese!!
    [/quote]

i agree. he's a serious ball hawk, and has tremendous range. great closing speed, and excellent ball skills...he could be one of the best steals of the entire draft...

Veteran

He dropped cause of a weak Junior year, and getting testing positive for Pot at the combine.

That said, didn't Super Mario fall because of weed concerns? That worked out pretty well

Veteran

[quote user="Axels15"]He dropped cause of a weak Junior year, and getting testing positive for Pot at the combine.

That said, didn't Super Mario fall because of weed concerns? That worked out pretty well[/quote]

I love how testing positive for pot is a big red flag, i bet the majority of college students smoke pot... AT LEAST once.

Veteran

[quote user="nYg24"][quote user="Axels15"]He dropped cause of a weak Junior year, and getting testing positive for Pot at the combine.

That said, didn't Super Mario fall because of weed concerns? That worked out pretty well[/quote]

I love how testing positive for pot is a big red flag, i bet the majority of college students smoke pot... AT LEAST once.[/quote]

I'm sure they do. But more of an issue is that the players KNOW they will be tested at the combine, and yet they can't stop themselves from smoking for a few months.

That's the big issue

[quote user="Serg812"]How do we end up with a guy like this in the 3rd round? Might be my favorite pick so far. I like Wilson, Randle is ok to me, but Hosley looks like the real deal. Looks better than Prince did. His only negative is his size but makes up for it with that 37 inch vertical and instincts. Great in man to man, good at zone, a human missile against the run? We have a gem, boys. All hail Reese!!
    [/quote]

Hosley is insurance against TT or Amukamara not being 100% physically. Great move.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="Axels15"][quote user="nYg24"][quote user="Axels15"]He dropped cause of a weak Junior year, and getting testing positive for Pot at the combine.

I love how testing positive for pot is a big red flag, i bet the majority of college students smoke pot... AT LEAST once.[/quote]

I'm sure they do. But more of an issue is that the players KNOW they will be tested at the combine, and yet they can't stop themselves from smoking for a few months.

That's the big issue[/quote]

I really hate this argument, because depending on the individual pot can stay in your system for up to 4-6 weeks, where virtually every other drug clears from your system in usually 48hrs. The guy who gets "red flagged" for pot could have done so way beforehand, while the guy who stops doing coke for 2 days before the combine will test clean. Just a really stupid way to evaluate someone imo.

Veteran

Reminds me so much of Brent grimes.

Not to "high-jack" the thread ( I kill myself sometimes)

But this is an interesting article about marijuana use among college athletes, mainly the Oregon Ducks:

[link]http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/04/19/from-the-department-of-obvious-college-athletes-smoke-weed/[/link]

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Veteran

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Axels15"][quote user="nYg24"][quote user="Axels15"]He dropped cause of a weak Junior year, and getting testing positive for Pot at the combine.

That's the big issue[/quote]

I really hate this argument, because depending on the individual pot can stay in your system for up to 4-6 weeks, where virtually every other drug clears from your system in usually 48hrs. The guy who gets "red flagged" for pot could have done so way beforehand, while the guy who stops doing coke for 2 days before the combine will test clean. Just a really stupid way to evaluate someone imo.
    [/quote]

I don't think it's awful. They know the combine is coming, and they know (or should) that it can stay in their system for more than a month.

So just don't do it for two months. I've smoked. It's not that difficult.